Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
    Nobody has mentioned Rudy yet...
    I hate Notre Dame, but that might be my favorite football movie ever. Good music too.

Comment

• I got Forgetting Sarah Marshall the other day and the movie is hilarious really liked the movie

Comment

• I just went to see FSM. Some good laughs for 1.50, I enjoyed it.

Comment

• I recently watched FSM as well...I thought it was good. it had 2 attractive women and the regular Apatow crew. It delivered solid laughs all the way through and was extremely funny in some parts. I cant help but think it would have been a much better movie had Paul Rudd been cast in the lead role. I was not a fan of Segel, and I think that Rudd, a comedic genius, would have been more successful in the role. That said, it was funny nonetheless.

I just finished Southland Tales, and let me first say, what a ridiculous film. However, it was charming in a Richard Kelly sort of way. If you liked Donnie Darko, you will like Southland Tales. Even though ST doesnt take itself nearly as seriously as DD did and even attempts to incorporate humour into the film, it was still similar to DD in many ways. I thought that the cast, while at first didnt thrill me, by the end of the film they were somewhat decent in their respective roles (even the incredibly misplaced Dwayne Johnson). I will say this, the film had my attention all the way through, which is much more then alot of critically acclaimed hits can say. I actually found the film much less confusing then I found DD at first. In fact, most of the plot details dont develop until the last half an hour anyways. That said, definately worth watching.
          Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
          The APS is strong in this one.
          Originally posted by killxswitch
          Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
            It's really slow but everyone here is going to tell you it's "OMGZ! amazing!". That isn't to say it's awful its enjoyable just slow.
            I did not find the film slow at all. There may not be a ton of action but I thought the film had some of the most stunning visuals I have ever seen and the score was sheer genious. At no point did I find my mind wandering and I never lost intrest. I was on the edge of my seat throughout the film. Not only did I feel that the film was visually stunning and tremendously scored but the acting, and I am not only speaking about DDL, was brilliant and I found the plot fascinating. The opening 15 minutes without dialogue drew my in because it was so balsy and IMO brilliant, and I never once was drawn out. A 10 for me and by far the best film of 2007.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
              I did not find the film slow at all. There may not be a ton of action but I thought the film had some of the most stunning visuals I have ever seen and the score was sheer genious. At no point did I find my mind wandering and I never lost intrest. I was on the edge of my seat throughout the film. Not only did I feel that the film was visually stunning and tremendously scored but the acting, and I am not only speaking about DDL, was brilliant and I found the plot fascinating. The opening 15 minutes without dialogue drew my in because it was so balsy and IMO brilliant, and I never once was drawn out. A 10 for me and by far the best film of 2007.
              I must say that I do agree.. though I like No Country for Old Men as the better movie from 07.

Comment

• From IMDB.com's news page

The Simpsons To Return To Big Screen
                17 July 2008 9:03 AM, PDT

The Simpsons is heading back to the big screen - creator Matt Groening has confirmed a sequel to last year's hit movie.

The animated comedy went feature-length for the first time, and became a box office smash with earnings of more than $500 million (GBP250 million) worldwide.

So Groening is returning to Springfield for a follow-up - but he warns fans they have a long wait ahead, as the first film took four years to make.

He says, "It will happen at some point, but I have no idea when. The first one took us four years - mainly because we don't like to work any harder than we usually do."

Last year marked the 20th anniversary of the Emmy Award-winning animated franchise

Comment

• Brad Bird and a lot of the early writers should be a part of the next Simpsons movie. I hate just seeing a movie about a dumb Homer Simpson. The best Simpsons episodes in the early 90s were written by many SNL writers and focused much more on satire rather than Homer. Also, Brad Bird consulting on the film would make it 100x better.

Originally posted by Halsey
                  I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

• I purposefully had no hopes for the Watchmen movie ... and then I saw the trailer today. Hrmm.
                    Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
                      Brad Bird and a lot of the early writers should be a part of the next Simpsons movie. I hate just seeing a movie about a dumb Homer Simpson. The best Simpsons episodes in the early 90s were written by many SNL writers and focused much more on satire rather than Homer. Also, Brad Bird consulting on the film would make it 100x better.
                      screw that, Conan was one of the best writers they had, he should write it.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                        screw that, Conan was one of the best writers they had, he should write it.
                        I love Conan but he only wrote four episodes.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• I saw the Watchmen trailer yesterday, and holy **** am I excited for it. At first, when I saw the pictures I was a little iffy on a few of the characters, but god that trailer was amazing. Watchmen is literally the benchmark for comics, and I cannot wait for this movie to come out. Looks dope.
                          Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                          The APS is strong in this one.
                          Originally posted by killxswitch
                          Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/watchmen/

for anyone who wants to see the badass trailer

Comment

• i watched Troy last night (from 2004)

and it is an amazing movie

Comment

• it has diane kruger, it has to be amazing

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information