No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I normally don't like movies like this but I am very interested in The Spirit.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=TLRdxZRUlq8

Comment

• Watchmen>>>>>>>>>The Spirit, and I cant even say how much...although The Spirit does have some extremely hot ladies in it, and I love those sort of movies so Ill probably end up seeing it. Whats its release date?
      Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
      The APS is strong in this one.
      Originally posted by killxswitch
      Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Watchmen looks pretty lame imo...maybe it's because, i have no idea who any of those people are. Are they all good guys/bad guys, what?

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
        KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
          Watchmen>>>>>>>>>The Spirit, and I cant even say how much...although The Spirit does have some extremely hot ladies in it, and I love those sort of movies so Ill probably end up seeing it. Whats its release date?
          Watchmen looked like a Batman ripoff. Not looking forward to it at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
            Watchmen looks pretty lame imo...maybe it's because, i have no idea who any of those people are. Are they all good guys/bad guys, what?
            Originally posted by Bruce View Post
            Watchmen looked like a Batman ripoff. Not looking forward to it at all.
            Watchmen is the most critically acclaimed graphic novel/comic EVER. Anyone who has ever read comics knows about The Watchmen. Its fantastic. It doesnt feel like a comic book at all when reading. I cant really explain it without giving so much away, but go read up on it on wikipedia or anything, and let me tell you, Im a huge Watchmen fan and i am super pumped for this movie. Its an incredibly deep and detailed storyline and I pray that the movie does it justice.

And how does it look like a batman ripoff?
            Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
              And how does it look like a batman ripoff?

My guess is Nite-owl's costume in the trailer. It looks A LOT like the Bat-suit. Otherwise I got nothing.

Comment

• I Watchmen looks weird and i didn't like the choice in music they used for there trailer

Comment

• I'm surprised that they used that song. When I hear that Smashing Pumpkins song, I think Batman and Robin. Those songs "The End Is The Beginning Is The End" and "The Beginning Is The End Is The Beginning" were written for Batman and Robin....it just seemed weird to see it tied to another movie.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                  http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                  KO KNOWS

Comment

• I thought that it was a perfect music choice, it fit the theme of the trailer perfectly...although I will admit, it did bring back memories of Batman & Robin...ugh

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperMcgee View Post
                      I just went to see FSM. Some good laughs for 1.50, I enjoyed it.
                      I love the Movieland 8

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• The Spirit ('08 ) vs. Watchmen ('09)

The Spirit
                        Pro: It's directed by one of the biggest figures in comic book history and he's going to respect Will Eisner's original work as much as possible.
                        Con: Will he respect it as much as he did with his own work (Sin City)?
                        Pro: Eva Mendes and Scarlett Johansson
                        Con: I got nothing

Watchmen
                        Pro: Very likely the single best comic book of all time. Was the only graphic novel to make Time's top 100 novels of all time. Filmmakers have incredibly deep and complex characters to work with right off the bat.
                        Con: Directed by Zack Snyder. Sure, 300 was entertaining, but the difference between the 300 comic book and Watchmen is like the difference between "Hop on Pop" and "War and Peace".
                        Pro: Watchmen was written by Alan Moore.
                        Con: Alan Moore's work doesn't always translate to the screen, and he won't be involved for that very reason (the same reason he asked his name to be removed from V for Vendetta).

Comment

• Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                          Con: Alan Moore's work doesn't always translate to the screen, and he won't be involved for that very reason (the same reason he asked his name to be removed from V for Vendetta).
                          Eh, Alan Moore's just a huge asshole who hates the film industry.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                            Eh, Alan Moore's just a huge asshole who hates the film industry.
                            Possibly because his early interaction with the film industry led to him being ridiculously accused of stealing intellectual property and his latter interactions involved people completely butchering some of his life work. No one would say that Alan Moore is an agreeable fellow by any stretch of the imagination, but I can hardly blame him for not wanting to be attached to films that he wishes wouldn't be made.

Comment

• Finally saw The Bucket List. I have to say that it is a great movie, and it has changed my thoughts on some things. I highly reccomend it to others.

Originally Posted by scottyboy
                              my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
                              But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

• Just watched The Prestige again, really like that movie. Big Christian Bale fan as well and while looking at his page on IMDB, stumbled across this.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0284236/

Long while off, but the plot looks interesting... and that's a great start with Bale and Bardem.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information