Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • That's weird, I just watched The Prestige last night.

    Comment


    • I watched The Prestige yesterday as well...odd. A very very good movie, I loved it through and through.
      Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
      The APS is strong in this one.
      Originally posted by killxswitch
      Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
        I watched The Prestige yesterday as well...odd. A very very good movie, I loved it through and through.

        Me too. Bale's great. Not much of a Hugh Jackman guy though.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
          Just watched The Prestige again, really like that movie. Big Christian Bale fan as well and while looking at his page on IMDB, stumbled across this.


          http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0284236/


          Long while off, but the plot looks interesting... and that's a great start with Bale and Bardem.
          I'm guessing you aren't familiar with Entourage



          <+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

          Comment


          • Originally posted by fischbowl View Post
            I'm guessing you aren't familiar with Entourage
            Exactly what I was thinking.
            Originally posted by STARHEATHER
            the only hot actreeses are adult
            Originally posted by A Perfect Score
            players intsimy latieres are sutpdi. the players areat all unituw/ o dpmt ebem aer about wat the lpater aare calling themeslves of whatever, terhera will Its sutpid/ neever be anothe said playerm. rscj p;syhyrt uniyeee, snf rhyrtrgotr, each player autntiwue for each syste,. /
            Alcohol+Draft Forum= Fneuniest timez evverzzz

            Comment


            • The Spirit looks very odd, but it has Eva Mendez and Johannson. If it is R I will see it.
              Virginia Tech.
              ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

              Next Up: 2012

              Comment


              • Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
                Just watched The Prestige again, really like that movie. Big Christian Bale fan as well and while looking at his page on IMDB, stumbled across this.


                http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0284236/


                Long while off, but the plot looks interesting... and that's a great start with Bale and Bardem.
                this movie has the potential to kick a lot of ass


                Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
                12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

                Steddy Ambition!
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao

                Comment


                • Dude, Where's My Car was awesome the other night. I love films that you don't have to take serious and just enjoy for the hell of it.


                  Originally posted by Halsey
                  I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
                    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0284236/

                    Long while off, but the plot looks interesting... and that's a great start with Bale and Bardem.
                    Funny thing about this is that, in real life, the US did all the grunt work and killed him but gave credit to the Colombians.

                    Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

                    Comment


                    • Watchmen looks amazing. Exactly like the comic, which is probably the best graphic novel ever written. Certainly the most acclaimed. Rorschach and Doctor Manhattan look really well done (as do the other characters, but those two being my favorites), can't wait to see that movie. Director of 300 so you know it's gonna be exactly like Alan Moore wrote it to be.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                        The Spirit ('08 ) vs. Watchmen ('09)

                        The Spirit
                        Pro: It's directed by one of the biggest figures in comic book history and he's going to respect Will Eisner's original work as much as possible.
                        Con: Will he respect it as much as he did with his own work (Sin City)?
                        Pro: Eva Mendes and Scarlett Johansson
                        Con: I got nothing

                        Watchmen
                        Pro: Very likely the single best comic book of all time. Was the only graphic novel to make Time's top 100 novels of all time. Filmmakers have incredibly deep and complex characters to work with right off the bat.
                        Con: Directed by Zack Snyder. Sure, 300 was entertaining, but the difference between the 300 comic book and Watchmen is like the difference between "Hop on Pop" and "War and Peace".
                        Pro: Watchmen was written by Alan Moore.
                        Con: Alan Moore's work doesn't always translate to the screen, and he won't be involved for that very reason (the same reason he asked his name to be removed from V for Vendetta).
                        c'mon duck, how is that a con? He made 300 basically exactly like the comic. Frank Miller didn't want to touch what Snyder was doing with the film b/c it was so spot on. And based on the teaser alone Watchmen looks just like the graphic novel. Like I said before, Snyder should just make comic book movies the rest of his life. Watchmen is definitely on my "can't wait to see" list.

                        I was talking the other day about Miller and Snyder with a buddy, I think it would be great if they or at least one of them made a Daredevil reboot. That would be wicked.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by fischbowl View Post
                          I'm guessing you aren't familiar with Entourage


                          I am not... how does that play a role into what I said?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                            c'mon duck, how is that a con? He made 300 basically exactly like the comic. Frank Miller didn't want to touch what Snyder was doing with the film b/c it was so spot on. And based on the teaser alone Watchmen looks just like the graphic novel. Like I said before, Snyder should just make comic book movies the rest of his life. Watchmen is definitely on my "can't wait to see" list.

                            I was talking the other day about Miller and Snyder with a buddy, I think it would be great if they or at least one of them made a Daredevil reboot. That would be wicked.
                            300 was a simple concept. It has two parts. You get the preceding up until the big battle out of the way as quickly as possible and then all you have to do is focus on fight choreography. It was obvious where Snyder focused his energy, as well he should have.

                            But Watchmen is a whole other deal. While 300 was 5 issues, Watchmen was 12. It's got huge historical re-writings, actual character development, constant flashbacks, not to mention the parallel story Tales of the Black Freighter. I don't see a feasible way to represent the whole of it in a single movie. So that means there will be holes, and that means the real question is how much those holes will stand out to people who have actually read the novel. I will see the movie no matter what. But I'm not optimistic.

                            From what I've read, the script will likely be decent. And from what I know, Snyder will try and be as true as he can. But the complexity of this project is tenfold when compared to 300.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                              300 was a simple concept. It has two parts. You get the preceding up until the big battle out of the way as quickly as possible and then all you have to do is focus on fight choreography. It was obvious where Snyder focused his energy, as well he should have.

                              But Watchmen is a whole other deal. While 300 was 5 issues, Watchmen was 12. It's got huge historical re-writings, actual character development, constant flashbacks, not to mention the parallel story Tales of the Black Freighter. I don't see a feasible way to represent the whole of it in a single movie. So that means there will be holes, and that means the real question is how much those holes will stand out to people who have actually read the novel. I will see the movie no matter what. But I'm not optimistic.

                              From what I've read, the script will likely be decent. And from what I know, Snyder will try and be as true as he can. But the complexity of this project is tenfold when compared to 300.
                              You summed up my concerns pretty well. As a HUGE fan of Moore's original work, I think it will be an extremely difficult movie to adequately represent all its parts. However, I think Snyder will compensate for any plot lackings with spectacular visuals, as the trailer shows. That said, I really hope that they do the original work justice. Alan Moore's work doesnt always translate well to the big screen, but I was a huge fan of V for Vendetta and I really hope Watchmen turns out to be all it could be.

                              That said, I do have alot of concerns. The history of Moore's world will have to be detailed in some sort of monologue or flashback, and the flashbacks throughout the story may confuse some viewers who havent read the graphic novel (ie. Night Owl I & II, Silk Spectre I & II, etc. etc.). That said, the trailer has me hooked, and it is my most anticipated film of 2009 as of yet.
                              Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                              The APS is strong in this one.
                              Originally posted by killxswitch
                              Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                                That said, I do have alot of concerns. The history of Moore's world will have to be detailed in some sort of monologue or flashback, and the flashbacks throughout the story may confuse some viewers who havent read the graphic novel (ie. Night Owl I & II, Silk Spectre I & II, etc. etc.). That said, the trailer has me hooked, and it is my most anticipated film of 2009 as of yet.
                                After I did a little digging, I expect the historical changes (Vietnam War, Nixon's presidency, etc.) to be summed up in the beginning of the movie with some sort of montage-like thing. As for the rest, let's just hope the information dumps aren't too painful.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information