No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have to read a 1000 page book for Film History. Nothing really to do with movies, I just now looked at how many pages it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
      You better give it another shot. I kneel before the god named Stanley Kubrick.
      I wuv the Shining

Comment

• Originally posted by fischbowl View Post
        Did you not have that as your best movie of all time when Commie did his list?
        It was not my number 1, I dont even remember if it was on my list.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

I have to read a 1000 page book for Film History. Nothing really to do with movies, I just now looked at how many pages it is.
          What is the book about??

Comment

• Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
            I ended up seeing Burn After Reading. Hillarious movie. Brad Pitt is a major goof the whole movie.
            I saw Burn After Reading as well. I was very disappointed.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
            WHO DAT!

Comment

• Just finished fight club....still a classic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
                What is the book about??
                It focuses a lot on early cinema. Right now I am reading a chapter on D.W. Griffith. It pretty much just talks about how film has developed from 1898 to now.

Comment

It focuses a lot on early cinema. Right now I am reading a chapter on D.W. Griffith. It pretty much just talks about how film has developed from 1898 to now.
                  D.W Griffith, as boring as his movies are, is practically the father of modern cinema. He practically invented the narrative formula you see in movies today. We watched a film of his in film studies last week, I think it was called Breaking Blossoms. On another far more exciting note...CHOKE OPENS THIS WEEK! and it has gotten glowing reviews so far. Im so excited
                  Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                  The APS is strong in this one.
                  Originally posted by killxswitch
                  Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
                    I just ordered Se7en and A Clockwork Orange for 25 bucks on BB. Awesome.
                    I found Se7en for $5.99 the other day. I just had to get it for that price.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                      D.W Griffith, as boring as his movies are, is practically the father of modern cinema. He practically invented the narrative formula you see in movies today. We watched a film of his in film studies last week, I think it was called Breaking Blossoms. On another far more exciting note...CHOKE OPENS THIS WEEK! and it has gotten glowing reviews so far. Im so excited
                      I was the only one in my film seminar who had actually watched Birth of a Nation prior to this week. I was proud of myself.

Comment

• Originally posted by P-L View Post
                        I found Se7en for $5.99 the other day. I just had to get it for that price.
                        One of my favorite all time movie quotes comes from that movie; "Just because he has a library card, doesn't make him Yoda."

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

I was the only one in my film seminar who had actually watched Birth of a Nation prior to this week. I was proud of myself.
                          the people in my film studies class are all ******* stupid. None of them have a) watched any movies and b) know anything about movies other then the lead actors in those films. Its frustrating...and to think, I was thinking about switching my major to film studies. I would have to switch universities to do that I dont even think Film Studies is a major here.
                          Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                          The APS is strong in this one.
                          Originally posted by killxswitch
                          Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                            the people in my film studies class are all ******* stupid. None of them have a) watched any movies and b) know anything about movies other then the lead actors in those films. Its frustrating...and to think, I was thinking about switching my major to film studies. I would have to switch universities to do that I dont even think Film Studies is a major here.
                            If you are at Carlton I can tell you that yes it is a major. What you just wrote is the reason I refused to go to Carlton for film.

Comment

If you are at Carlton I can tell you that yes it is a major. What you just wrote is the reason I refused to go to Carlton for film.
                              I bet your inability to spell the school's name had something to do with it as well.

Comment

• APS do you go to Carleton? I'm there too.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                                Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                                Originally posted by njx9
                                do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information