No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Choke was awesome. Very funny and an overall great adaptation.

^A Bonekrusher production^
    Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

• Originally posted by themaninblack View Post
      Choke was awesome. Very funny and an overall great adaptation.
      The only thing that worries me is how Paige Marshall will turn out. She does not look at all like I think the character should like and she seems pretty bad in the trailers. Should I be worried or did she do a good job?

Comment

• I think she was very well played by Kelly Macdonald IMO. I really like her though. My memory of the book is a little hazy as I havent read it in some time but she seemed to fit well.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

I think she was very well played by Kelly Macdonald IMO. I really like her though. My memory of the book is a little hazy as I havent read it in some time but she seemed to fit well.
          Cool. I don't even hate Macdonald as an actress but for some reason every time I watch the trailer I can't help but think she is a bad choice for the part but that is mostly based off the imagine I had in my head for Marshall so I am glad to hear that she pulls of the role and I am sure when I see the movie my opinion of her being bad for the role will change. Hopefully it comes out here soon or I will have to pay 30 bucks to bus into Toronto to see it.

Comment

• I really liked the movie overall but I think if you are expecting a dead on interpretation you will be somewhat disappointed. I didn't really care much about that and very much enjoyed it. Lot of nudity, which is as to be expected I suppose.

A Radiohead ending is a pretty nice touch as well.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

I really liked the movie overall but I think if you are expecting a dead on interpretation you will be somewhat disappointed. I didn't really care much about that and very much enjoyed it. Lot of nudity, which is as to be expected I suppose.

A Radiohead ending is a pretty nice touch as well.
              A Radiohead ending sounds amazing. Which song do they use?

EDIT: I just saw it is Reckoner. No joke that was the first song that popped into my head when I thought about which song they would use. IMO that song fits perfectly with the tone of that final scene and what I assume is some sort of pullback or fadeout. I am even more pumped to see the movie now.
              Last edited by Dr. Gonzo; 09-26-2008, 11:29 PM.

Comment

• Ya it works very well for the ending IMO. They played it really low in the background for awhile and I was like man I know this song and then figured out what it was when it came on in full.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

• The full Benjamin Button trailer is out there somewhere. Almost as amazing as the amazingly amazing teaser, but not quite as amazing. Still amazing though.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Shutter Island looks like a great movie this fall, I think it will be another good Scorsese movie and it has a great cast, Leonardo DiCaprio, Mark Ruffalo, Ben Kingsley, & Ted Levine can't wait till it comes out

Comment

• Originally posted by KCJ58 View Post
                      Shutter Island looks like a great movie this fall, I think it will be another good Scorsese movie and it has a great cast, Leonardo DiCaprio, Mark Ruffalo, Ben Kingsley, & Ted Levine can't wait till it comes out
                      Ted Levine = win

Comment

• Originally posted by KCJ58 View Post
                        Shutter Island looks like a great movie this fall, I think it will be another good Scorsese movie and it has a great cast, Leonardo DiCaprio, Mark Ruffalo, Ben Kingsley, & Ted Levine can't wait till it comes out
                        I believe it's rumored for a Fall 09 release. I wish it was this year though.

Comment

• Just watched:

Not as awesome as the topic lends itself to but it's all right.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul View Post
                            I believe it's rumored for a Fall 09 release. I wish it was this year though.
                            dam i read an article about it i must have not read the actual release date still sounds good

Comment

• Just watched The Good Shepherd, I have to say I was a little disappointed, it would seem like the cast, the writer, and even Robert De Niro would sound to make a good movie, but it did not live up to my expectations. It seemed like all the characters were unemotional and had no story to them, also flashing back & forth through the story seemed like no change because Matt Damon looked the same in every shot. overall I would give it a 6.5/10

Comment

• About to go watch Eagle Eye, is it so wrong that with the $10 I'm about to plop down the thing I'm most looking forward to in this is the Benjamin Button trailer? Review will be up later.

BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information