No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm still pissed that Once didn't get a Best Pic nomination couple years ago. It is one of the best movies I've seen in the past few years and anyone who hasn't seen it should immediately.

Originally posted by Halsey
    I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
      no it's a lot like it, the guy who directed it was an asst. director on Napoleon Dynamite and has a lot of references to Napoleon Dynamite in Sasquatch Gang. John Heder makes a cameo too. If you liked Napoleon you'll like Sasquatch just as much or even more. I thought Sasquatch Gang was better than Napoleon Dynamite, but Napoleon was a classic and a lot more popular.
      There is no way in hell Napoleon Dynamite is a classic.

BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
        I'm still pissed that Once didn't get a Best Pic nomination couple years ago. It is one of the best movies I've seen in the past few years and anyone who hasn't seen it should immediately.
        Two delicious posts in a row TP. I agree entirely with both, I have not seen a better movie this year than Wall-E.

BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by HChu View Post
          Ask 95 percent of High School students and they will call it a classic. FOOLS. I remember going to see it in theatres pre cultural explosion but post sundance hype and I came out dissapointed. I thought it was occasionally sort of funny but it was the third best film I saw that day after Hero and the much ******* better Garden State.

Comment

Two delicious posts in a row TP. I agree entirely with both, I have not seen a better movie this year than Wall-E.
            I think it's about time the Academy doesn't ignore box office winners. How the hell did Jurassic Park not even get a nom!?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

It was a classic in the sense that Gigli and Battlestar Gallatica will always be classics.

Comment

It was a classic in the sense that Gigli and Battlestar Gallatica will always be classics.
                Why are you insulting Battlestar Galactica exactly? I am pretty sure that is ban worthy.

Comment

Do you mean Battlefield Earth?

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
                    Do you mean Battlefield Earth?
                    Same difference, right?

Comment

• BSG>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>TP :)

and I have seen many films this year better then Wall-E...not that I didnt enjoy that cool little bugger, and I understand the hard work that goes into an animated film of that quality, but even on the entertainment level, I have seen better films this year.
                      Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                      The APS is strong in this one.
                      Originally posted by killxswitch
                      Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                        BSG>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>TP :)

and I have seen many films this year better then Wall-E...not that I didnt enjoy that cool little bugger, and I understand the hard work that goes into an animated film of that quality, but even on the entertainment level, I have seen better films this year.
                        I meant Battlefield Earth, my bad on that one guys. Also, I'm still not getting the love from In Bruges. I enjoyed it a good deal, but it was just very slow at times and parts of it were pretty predictable.

Comment

I meant Battlefield Earth, my bad on that one guys. Also, I'm still not getting the love from In Bruges. I enjoyed it a good deal, but it was just very slow at times and parts of it were pretty predictable.
                          Meh, I personally loved In Bruges, but its important to remember I am a HUGE fan of dark comedy and things of that nature, so I am biased. In Bruges was chock full of dark comedy and even a little satire, which was brilliant as well. It was exactly my kind of movie and it hit all the right notes, not to mention Im a huge fan of both Colin farrell and midgets amuse me.
                          Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                          The APS is strong in this one.
                          Originally posted by killxswitch
                          Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• In Bruges was amazing.

Comment

• So, anyone got any info on Assination of a High School President? It looks like a very interesting film, but I've heard nothing about it.

Comment

• In Bruges was amazing, but not nearly as good as Wall-E. Again, my list for this year:

Wall-E
                                The Dark Knight
                                Tropic Thunder
                                Pineapple Express
                                Burn After Reading
                                Religulous
                                Step Brothers
                                Forgetting Sarah Marshall
                                Speed Racer
                                In Bruges
                                Hellboy II
                                Iron Man
                                W.
                                The Foot Fist Way
                                Be Kind Rewind
                                Shine a Light
                                Wanted
                                Cloverfield
                                Eagle Eye
                                Get Smart
                                Vantage Point
                                The Fall
                                Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information