Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
    I knew someone would do it but sorry, Memento is head over heels above TDK from a cinematic standpoint.
    I kind of agree, but I just love TDK too much to admit it.

Originally posted by WMD
    Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
    Originally posted by gpngc
    I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
      I loved TDK but Memento was special.

Comment

• Memento was twice the movie that TDK was. TDK was good, yes, and it was an internet hype machine and it had some special performances. But crime thrillers have been done. Comic book movies have been done. I have yet to see a movie which is as cinematically unique as Memento. And while there will be alot of people who will take thing away form TDK and use it in their own pictures, no one has even TRIED to replicate or even something like Memento. It cant be done. and thats why it is truly special, because it is truly unique, something TDK cant claim.
        Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
        The APS is strong in this one.
        Originally posted by killxswitch
        Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• I was bored so I thought I would make a top 10 directors list. It is pretty weak as this is just quickly off the top of my head. I rated them based on who I think are the best directors working today as well as who are my personal favorites. A guy like Kevin Smith who's movies I want to see as much if not more than every other director is near the bottom of my list because he is not the best but a favorite. This lst consists of current directors and how I rate them right at this minute.

1. Paul Thomas Anderson
          2. Martin Scorcese
          3. Sam Mendes
          4. David Fincher
          5. Darren Aronofsky
          6. Kevin Smith
          7. Wes Anderson
          8. The Coen Brothers
          9. Quentin Tarantino
          10. David O. Russell

Comment

• Memento is pretty special yeah. TDK is great in its own right though.

I have no doubt that Nolan is going to come out with some other great stuff. He is a terrific director and is still young. Studios are already giving him a lot of freedom and thats great news.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

• Gonzo, you have Wes Anderson way too high for making the exact same movie like 50 million times.

Originally posted by Halsey
              I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
                Gonzo, you have Wes Anderson way too high for making the exact same movie like 50 million times.
                We have already established you have terrible taste in movies :)

I mean I guess you could say that but just because you can tell each of his films are made by him does not mean they are the same. That is called Auteurism.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
                  We have already established you have terrible taste in movies :)

I mean I guess you could say that but just because you can tell each of his films are made by him does not mean they are the same. That is called Auteurism.
                  Or unoriginality. =P

Comment

Or unoriginality. =P
                    To each his own but I think you are wrong. I am suprised you did not hate on my list for the lack of animated film directors.

Comment

• I like Memento a lot more than Dark Knight.. Memento is my 2nd Favorite movie of all time.. but the Dark Knight is way more popular and has more of a chance of going down as Nolan's best work, IMO..

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
                        To each his own but I think you are wrong. I am suprised you did not hate on my list for the lack of animated film directors.
                        It's a different style of directing. I'm more upset with the lack of jewness on your list. Only the Coens and Aronofsky. No Speilberg or Woody Allen. =(

Comment

It's a different style of directing. I'm more upset with the lack of jewness on your list. Only the Coens and Aronofsky. No Speilberg or Woody Allen. =(
                          Speilberg would not touch my top 25 directors. Allen would likely be somewhere in between 13-18 for me. He is past his prime but still makes some excellent movies from time to time. I think he fact that he makes so many movies and quite a few are just not that good hurts him. I think I may make a top 10 directors all time list at some point.

Comment

• The fact that Hitchcock isn't on your list is a travesty.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• I believe his list was just of current directors. Otherwise I'd wonder where guys like Fritz Lang, Stanley Kubrick, and Akira Kurosawa are.
                              Last edited by WMD; 11-06-2008, 01:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                                The fact that Hitchcock isn't on your list is a travesty.
                                Do you honestly think me of all people would only have current directors on an all time list? That was cleary a current directors list. There is no way I would ever leave the great Stanley Kubrick off any list if I had the choice.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information