Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
    And as a man you need more than that?!?!?!?
    I guess...of course, I'm the guy that also loved Changeling, so perhaps I'm not a man?!?!?!?!?

    but honestly, I am fairly critical of movies and every now and then I love a few. That's how I roll.

    by BoneKrusher
    <DG> how metal unseen
    <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Twiddler View Post
      Good to hear as I'm turning down an offer to go see it tonight. Never really got into the Bond movies though, so it probably wouldn't be my thing either way.
      It's not really a bond movie though, it's a pure action movie. What little charm/sauvity Craig had in casino royale is gone for this film which really makes it hard for me to even call it a bond movie.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by giantsfan View Post
        It's not really a bond movie though, it's a pure action movie. What little charm/sauvity Craig had in casino royale is gone for this film which really makes it hard for me to even call it a bond movie.
        Well yeah this movie takes place 30 seconds after the end of casino royale. Hes a broken man, hes not going to carry the swagger, hes only determined to find out whos responsible and get back at them for it. If the most important person in your life died and betrayed you id doubt anyone would even have what little swagger Bond had in QOS. Its not Casino part 2.


        Originally posted by WMD
        Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
        Originally posted by gpngc
        I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

        Comment


        • its funny people say he isnt charming, cause everything ive read suggests that Craig delivers bonds sandpaper humour very effectively in this film.
          Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
          The APS is strong in this one.
          Originally posted by killxswitch
          Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

          Comment


          • I didn't like it, but I didn't see Casino Royale.
            CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.


            Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
            JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
              its funny people say he isnt charming, cause everything ive read suggests that Craig delivers bonds sandpaper humour very effectively in this film.
              He does, people are just useless. And jballa, you need to see Casino Royale for QoS to make any amount of sense.


              RIP TheManInBlack

              Comment


              • I didn't like casino royale much either so I'm probably just weird when it comes to bond movies.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by giantsfan View Post
                  I didn't like casino royale much either so I'm probably just weird when it comes to bond movies.
                  Not enough invisible cars?


                  RIP TheManInBlack

                  Comment


                  • I haven't seen Quantum of Solace yet, but I think you have to look at this as a story arc for James Bond, instead as of individual movies. This is supposed to be the creation story for all the Bonds that we know already, so to judge an ongoing story before the next act is difficult. We know these movies are intending to be different than your typical Bond fare. And I know that, simply based on Casino Royale, the Craig Bond is actually a really well crafted character.

                    This is a way more mature approach towards James Bond than we've seen since the really early movies, and I'm glad to watch the ambitious attempts to create a linear saga out of a rather fluff series.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                      I haven't seen Quantum of Solace yet, but I think you have to look at this as a story arc for James Bond, instead as of individual movies. This is supposed to be the creation story for all the Bonds that we know already, so to judge an ongoing story before the next act is difficult. We know these movies are intending to be different than your typical Bond fare. And I know that, simply based on Casino Royale, the Craig Bond is actually a really well crafted character.

                      This is a way more mature approach towards James Bond than we've seen since the really early movies, and I'm glad to watch the ambitious attempts to create a linear saga out of a rather fluff series.
                      As the child of a fanatic of many of the fluffiest volumes of this fluff series I will fight any variation from the fluff with fervor of true fanaticism.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by giantsfan View Post
                        As the child of a fanatic of many of the fluffiest volumes of this fluff series I will fight any variation from the fluff with fervor of true fanaticism.
                        F for Fendetta?

                        Comment


                        • Comment


                          • I finally saw the new Hulk with Edward Norton. It was improved 100% haha. Man, I can't wait for the Captain America, Thor, and Avengers movies.

                            Sig by Hitman D.

                            Comment


                            • Never Back Down fails, hard.

                              Comment


                              • Saw the trailer for the star trek movie......gotta say it looks pretty good. and that is NOT my thing at all. I remeber my first roomate being wicked into star wars and star trek and anytime wed watch space balls or anything else like that hed literally rant about why you cant make fun of those movies because their too perfect. He also told me Rex Grossman was an amazing QB with the only argument, he went to the super bowl. God i hated that kid.


                                Originally posted by WMD
                                Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                                Originally posted by gpngc
                                I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information