Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by aNYtitan View Post
    Well, if thats the way you think about it, but Anchorman imo is one of the best comedies I have ever seen. I could drop Superbad, the only reason I mentioned those two was because they were the first that came to my head. Best comedies of all time in no particular order include Bachelor Party, Blazing Saddles, Half Baked, etc.
    Anchorman is so incredibly overrated its frustrating. The movie has some definite laugh out loud moments, but the humour is so incredibly stupid and Will Ferrell is playing the same dumb jackass that he plays in all those sports movies just bothers me. I mean, sure, if thats the kind of humour oyu want, by all means, let it rot your brain, I personally prefer a little more intelligence in my humour.

    Superbad was incredibly overhyped and got by on making jokes that no one else would make. It appealed hugely to the teen/early 20's crowd, but once again, no intelligent humour there whatsoever. I mean it isnt bad, and if your drunk watching it then yeah its good for some laughs, but it certainly wasnt the bust your balls laughing comedy it was made out to be. Superbad was an American Pie clone that just upped the swearing.

    And there are SO many comedies out there better then either of them.
    Last edited by A Perfect Score; 11-17-2008, 01:10 AM.
    Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
    The APS is strong in this one.
    Originally posted by killxswitch
    Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

    Comment


    • Intelligent humor is for intelligent people give me Will Farell and poop jokes

      Comment


      • Comment


        • Ruffling of the feathers is something I should probably stop doing.
          Last edited by Bruce Banner; 11-17-2008, 01:18 AM.

          Comment


          • That was hilarious i somehow have never seen that clip before...

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Rayray52 View Post
              That was hilarious i somehow have never seen that clip before...
              haha yeah i love that video...just thought it was worth puttin in here, with everyone talking about anchorman

              Comment


              • Anchorman is one of my favorite movies, i can watch it so many times and still laugh.


                Comment


                • Quantum of Solace was horrible. That is all.


                  Originally posted by Halsey
                  I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by bantx View Post
                    Anchorman is one of my favorite movies, i can watch it so many times and still laugh.
                    my sophmore year i used to just put it in and listen to it. i wouldnt watch it, but i would just memorize the lines...

                    thats how i know im lame lol

                    Comment


                    • I can sit around with my friends and quote Anchorman, Superbad and 40 year old Virgin all day, and have a great time doing it. When I go into those films, I'm not expecting to be blown away with clever dialogue and deep character development, I just want an enjoyable film. Now, of course there is a difference between straight stupidity and unoriginal humor (ex. any film involving Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer) and those other films I mentioned earlier.

                      I love my Judd Apatow films as much as I love Wes Anderson's films, just different movies for different moods.

                      Comment


                      • Watched Role Models and I really was not all that impressed with it. Somewhat enjoyable and Rudd was pretty decent but it wasn't as good as I thought it would be.

                        ^A Bonekrusher production^
                        #15
                        Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

                        Comment


                        • Saw QOS and Role Models back to back on Saturday. Both were entertaining, neither were anything special.

                          The directing in QOS is soooooooooo bad. I couldn't tell what the hell was going on during the chase scenes, the director thought shaking the camera uncontrollably and using 65 different camera angles would add something.

                          And I got annoyed of Ronnie in Role Models by the end. They just had too many vulgar jokes for him and I think pretty much everybody was sick of the kid by the end of the movie.
                          "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                            Anchorman is so incredibly overrated its frustrating. The movie has some definite laugh out loud moments, but the humour is so incredibly stupid and Will Ferrell is playing the same dumb jackass that he plays in all those sports movies just bothers me. I mean, sure, if thats the kind of humour oyu want, by all means, let it rot your brain, I personally prefer a little more intelligence in my humour.

                            Superbad was incredibly overhyped and got by on making jokes that no one else would make. It appealed hugely to the teen/early 20's crowd, but once again, no intelligent humour there whatsoever. I mean it isnt bad, and if your drunk watching it then yeah its good for some laughs, but it certainly wasnt the bust your balls laughing comedy it was made out to be. Superbad was an American Pie clone that just upped the swearing.

                            And there are SO many comedies out there better then either of them.
                            Super bad yes over rated. Anchorman was hilarous. The only movie no matter what i can say a line from and anyone near me will be able to say one back. The first time i watched that movie i played it again as soon as it ended. I find stupid humor funny just because of how different it is, now that by no means is saying i enjoy the scary movies, Date movies etc... I just think anchorman did it much better then those other movies did.


                            Originally posted by WMD
                            Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                            Originally posted by gpngc
                            I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by djp4516 View Post
                              Saw QOS and Role Models back to back on Saturday. Both were entertaining, neither were anything special.

                              The directing in QOS is soooooooooo bad. I couldn't tell what the hell was going on during the chase scenes, the director thought shaking the camera uncontrollably and using 65 different camera angles would add something.

                              And I got annoyed of Ronnie in Role Models by the end. They just had too many vulgar jokes for him and I think pretty much everybody was sick of the kid by the end of the movie
                              He was WAY funnier then Christopher Mintz-Plasse...his stupid ******* lisp was the most annoying thing about that movie.
                              Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                              The APS is strong in this one.
                              Originally posted by killxswitch
                              Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                                He was WAY funnier then Christopher Mintz-Plasse...his stupid ******* lisp was the most annoying thing about that movie.
                                McLovin was ok. I didn't really have a problem with his voice.

                                Ronnie was funny as hell right away and then just faded for me.

                                Decent movie... I'm not gonna buy it but I laughed and was entertained.
                                "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information