Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Paul View Post
    No exactly. DVD's aren't that expensive. Blockbuster got the 4 for $20, and this movie trading place I goto has movies from $5-$10. So I probably get 20 movies for like $100 or less. Not that bad.
    Right but can you get the exact movie you want? There are literally thousands on Blockbuster.com.

Comment

• Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
      Haha, I know. But they are 4.35 GB each if they are sitting on your HD and probably slow down your computer a bunch.
      500 GB hard drive is $100. It will not slow your computer down at all.

Comment

• 500 gig harddrive where do u get ur harddrives??

Comment

Right but can you get the exact movie you want? There are literally thousands on Blockbuster.com.
          It's not exactly like I'm looking for obscure independent foreign films or anything. I got the Departed, Children of Men, Pursuit of Happiness and Stranger Than Fiction last week, and Knocked Up and Fight Club at BB just today. And if you ever goto the smaller Movie Trading places I goto, they have thousands of movies available also. So it would be hard NOT to find the movie your looking for.

Comment

• Originally posted by bantx View Post
            500 gig harddrive where do u get ur harddrives??
            I buy from http://www.ncix.com but it is a Canadian website. 1 TB (1000 GB) hard drives are out now. Hard drive space is dirt cheap nowadays.

Here's one from NewEgg for $100 that I found in about a minute: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16822136178

Comment

It's not exactly like I'm looking for obscure independent foreign films or anything. I got the Departed, Children of Men, Pursuit of Happiness and Stranger Than Fiction last week, and Knocked Up and Fight Club at BB just today. And if you ever goto the smaller Movie Trading places I goto, they have thousands of movies available also. So it would be hard NOT to find the movie your looking for.
              how was knocked up?
              and i say STF < Pursuit. just my opinion. pursuit was more impactful and STF was kinda odd. not will farrell's best work
              CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
              JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

• Originally posted by jballa838 View Post
                how was knocked up?
                and i say STF < Pursuit. just my opinion. pursuit was more impactful and STF was kinda odd. not will farrell's best work
                Knocked up was great of course. Loved it

STF was my favorite Ferrell movie by far, no doubt about it in my mind. Pursuit of Happiness was fine. The F'n kid got on my nerves, I just wanted to punch him. But yeah it was awesome performance by Will Smith.

Comment

Knocked up was great of course. Loved it

STF was my favorite Ferrell movie by far, no doubt about it in my mind. Pursuit of Happiness was fine. The F'n kid got on my nerves, I just wanted to punch him. But yeah it was awesome performance by Will Smith.
                  i thought Pursuit was deeper then STF, but i didnt think it was Ferrell's best work. I think his best work has to be in either Old School, or Anchorman which were mostly improv.
                  but STF had its strong points, but i wanted to punch the lady in the face or have her have someone else type the ending on a different type writer.
                  CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
                  JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

• watched Dead Presidents great movie, Chris Tucker was awsome of course

Comment

• knocked up is one of my fav movies, super bad comes out on dvd soon yay

Comment

Do you guys realize how much money you are wasting? Did you also know that you can burn PS2 games?
                        Well I like the quality of the case and the book inside. Not some blank disc that im just going to throw around anywhere.
                        Originally posted by nvot9
                        I'm going to personally PM you when the Mets win the NL East and the Phillies don't even make the playoffs.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
                        Indianapolis Colts 13-3
                        Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
                        Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
                        Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

Comment

• i didn't find Stranger then Fiction emotional like Pruist or funny, like Ferrell 's movies. I didn't think it was that good of a movie, it didn't stick to one thing, either funny or serious.

Comment

• yeah some people collect dvd's for more than just watching. its a collection just like anything else, want it in mint (sp? dont know if its the right way) my one has a huge collection and he would flip the **** out if the proof of purchase thing in the middle of the case was gone

Comment

• Funniest Movie Ever

Comment

• Originally posted by DChess View Post
                                yeah some people collect dvd's for more than just watching. its a collection just like anything else, want it in mint (sp? dont know if its the right way) my one has a huge collection and he would flip the **** out if the proof of purchase thing in the middle of the case was gone
                                True. I know a lot of people who love to have the cases, books, and all that crap.

Still, I'd rather download the 700 MB file off the net for free and not have to walk my lazy ass to the store and drop $30 on the DVD.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information