No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Trek kicks ass! So far this yr. it's the 09 Dark Knight.

Without doing a Spoiler Alert, I can say it has enough of the signature lines & trademark nuances of TOS to provide links to viewers without being trite.

Even those who hated Trekkies & TOS will like this thrill a minute film even more. It's literally come light yrs. since Star Trek: The Movie from 1979 & Abrams has hit a home run with only one household name star (Eric Bana) .... I give it 4 & 1/2 stars ****&1/2.

Comment

• Originally posted by LizardState View Post
      Star Trek kicks ass! So far this yr. it's the 09 Dark Knight.

Without doing a Spoiler Alert, I can say it has enough of the signature lines & trademark nuances of TOS to provide links to viewers without being trite.

Even those who hated Trekkies & TOS will like this thrill a minute film even more. It's literally come light yrs. since Star Trek: The Movie from 1979 & Abrams has hit a home run with only one household name star (Eric Bana) .... I give it 4 & 1/2 stars ****&1/2.
      I was hoping for a For God sakes Jim. If Bones did say it I missed it. I have a undead rogue on wow named Bonesmccoy, win!

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

• I finally got around to watching TCCOBB earlier and I really loved this movie. One of the best movies I've seen in quite some time.

^A Bonekrusher production^
        Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

• Originally posted by themaninblack View Post
          I finally got around to watching TCCOBB earlier and I really loved this movie. One of the best movies I've seen in quite some time.
          Yeah I just watched it a few nights ago. Definitely a great movie, the only thing I didn't really care for was the way it ended, I mean it wasn't a bad ending just a "ehhh" ending. If that makes any sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by nrk View Post
            I was hoping for a For God sakes Jim. If Bones did say it I missed it. I have a undead rogue on wow named Bonesmccoy, win!
            We did get a "Are you out of your Vulcan mind?!" though......I kept dreaming about that film last night, it made quite an impression.

****SPOILER ALERT**** -- In TOS Spock went thru his hormonal surge hypnosis in the Amok Time episode with High Priestess T'Pol that was set on an intact planet Vulcan, & both his parents were alive & well there & in other episodes, how do they square that with this prequel?

Personally I want a remake of Arena, the episode filmed at the Vasquez Rocks (Acton, CA, I used to pass it twice daily commuting to work in Palmdale) with Kirk vs. the Gorn, my fave episode from TOS but it figures someone with the Lizard handle would like the Gorn :roll:, this time with a CG Gorn without a bad rubber suit & aluminum foil eyes that looked like disco balls....

And when they make the foregone conclusion sequel to the prequel for Summer, 2010, how far will it divert from the awful & quicly forgotten 1979-80 1st film ST: TMP? Or will it be so similar to the series Enterprise the producers of the now defunct series will take legal action for TM infringement? I'm assuming, maybe wrongly, that the rights to TOS were bought when they made this as rthey tried to adhere to the ST universe & production values originally created by Roddenberry, even using TOS slogan about "Boldly going ... etc" at the conclusion. The makers of this yr's Star Trek may have to create a whole new outer space pantheon of characters to continue this cash cow film series of TOS, I think the writers who wrote the best episodes for TOS, D.C. Fontana & sci-fi icon Harlan Ellison, are still alive somewhere in LA to rewrite their works from 1968, it will be interesting to see.
            Last edited by LizardState; 05-13-2009, 10:47 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by LizardState View Post
              We did get a "Are you out of your Vulcan mind?!" though......I kept dreaming about that film last night, it made quite an impression.

****SPOILER ALERT**** -- In TOS Spock went thru his hormonal surge hypnosis in the Amok Time episode with High Priestess T'Pol that was set on an intact planet Vulcan, & both his parents were alive & well there & in other episodes, how do they square that with this prequel?

Personally I want a remake of Arena, the episode filmed at the Vasquez Rocks (Acton, CA, I used to pass it twice daily commuting to work in Palmdale) with Kirk vs. the Gorn, my fave episode from TOS but it figures someone with the Lizard handle would like the Gorn :roll:, this time with a CG Gorn without a bad rubber suit & aluminum foil eyes that looked like disco balls....

And when they make the foregone conclusion sequel to the prequel for Summer, 2010, how far will it divert from the awful & quicly forgotten 1979-80 1st film ST: TMP? Or will it be so similar to the series Enterprise the producers of the now defunct series will take legal action for TM infringement? I'm assuming, maybe wrongly, that the rights to TOS were bought when they made this as rthey tried to adhere to the ST universe & production values originally created by Roddenberry, even using TOS slogan about "Boldly going ... etc" at the conclusion. The makers of this yr's Star Trek may have to create a whole new outer space pantheon of characters to continue this cash cow film series of TOS, I think the writers who wrote the best episodes for TOS, D.C. Fontana & sci-fi icon Harlan Ellison, are still alive somewhere in LA to rewrite their works from 1968, it will be interesting to see.
              Amok Time is one of my favorite episodes. Spock actually smiles in that one. If they were going to remake an episode into a movie, Space Seed with Khan. Theres a lot more they could do with Khan I think. For the sequel though, my guess is that its going to involve the Klingons.
              Last edited by nrk; 05-13-2009, 11:13 AM.

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

• i was reading on imdb that Steven Soderbergh is directing moneyball with Brad Pitt as Billy Beane and Demetri Martin as Paul De Podesta thought that was intresting

Comment

• My brother somehow obtained a copy of the upcoming movie "The Hurt Locker" with Ralph Fiennes, Evangelline Lily, and Guy Pearce. Its about a bomb squad in Iraq. I seriously suggest you all check our the trailer for this film, cause the movie itself is ******* phenomenal. Im enjoying it immensely.

EDIT: Its up on certain websites. I suggest obtaining it immediately. Best war movie Ive seen since Jarhead.
                  Last edited by A Perfect Score; 05-13-2009, 08:44 PM.
                  Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                  The APS is strong in this one.
                  Originally posted by killxswitch
                  Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by KCJ58 View Post
                    i was reading on imdb that Steven Soderbergh is directing moneyball with Brad Pitt as Billy Beane and Demetri Martin as Paul De Podesta thought that was intresting
                    I hope they have a twist ending where they show DePo after his LA Dodger days beating down Bill Plaschke.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• So how bad was the Day the Earth Stood Still remake? I bought it today on the cheap. Just because, I'm a sucker for the end of the world popcorn flick. I've heard it was awful but, I'm sure I'll be entertained here and there. haha. It did come with the original movie as well.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                      KO KNOWS

Comment

• it has Keanu it has to be amazing

Comment

• Originally posted by KCJ58 View Post
                          i was reading on imdb that Steven Soderbergh is directing moneyball with Brad Pitt as Billy Beane and Demetri Martin as Paul De Podesta thought that was intresting
                          You now have my attention...Demetri Martin is awesome.

Speaking of Demetri Martin, Taking Woodstock seems like an interesting movie. I love the music too, so I might have to see this one.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1127896/

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
                          Originally posted by BaLLiN72
                          i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
                          Originally posted by Job
                          NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                            So how bad was the Day the Earth Stood Still remake? I bought it today on the cheap. Just because, I'm a sucker for the end of the world popcorn flick. I've heard it was awful but, I'm sure I'll be entertained here and there. haha. It did come with the original movie as well.
                            Bad. Really Bad. But it came with the original, so it was a good purchase.

Comment

• Klaatu barada nikto

Comment

• Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                                Bad. Really Bad. But it came with the original, so it was a good purchase.
                                Yeah, that was pretty much the primary reason I decided to buy it. Otherwise, I probably would have just rented it.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                                http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                                KO KNOWS

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information