Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
    Drag Me to Hell is getting great reviews. I so did not see this coming.
    I take it you are not accustomed to the cult classic that is any Sam Raimi horror film. Evil Dead Tril = epic.

Comment

• On the top of Star Wars and LOTR...I got into both Star Wars and LOTR when younger, but LOTR is my favorite. Watching the movie lead me to the books, which led me to my planned future profession. I got real deep into LOTR's ****. Return of the King is pretty much my favorite movie ever, although I haven't seen many movies (comparatively).

But yeah, I still love Star Wars. I'd go 5-6-4-3-2-1. To be honest, I never really cared for A New Hope in terms of personal endearment (if that makes sense), but it probably deserves to be higher than any prequel movie. Although Revenge of the Sith was actually a pretty good movie.

And I've only seen Die Hard 2 and Live Free or Die Hard, and only Raiders of the Lost Ark and Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. You're not that bad, WMD.

by BoneKrusher
      <DG> how metal unseen
      <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

• Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
        I take it you are not accustomed to the cult classic that is any Sam Raimi horror film. Evil Dead Tril = epic.
        I love all Sam Raimi horror films, but with the PG-13 rating I thought he would be limited.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

I think it was called Shia LeBouf and the CGI Monkeys. And anything over Raiders is a sin.
          Yeah, but Crusade had this man...

Last edited by Boston; 05-25-2009, 09:26 PM.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

I love all Sam Raimi horror films, but with the PG-13 rating I thought he would be limited.
            ah, I see ya. Personally I thought Drag Me To Hell would get panned too, I don't think his other horror flicks got great critical response when they came out in the first place, but I could be wrong. Maybe the critics are getting wise to the act and have started developing a taste for that style of film after the following the Evil Dead movies still has after all these years.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
              The Back to The Future trilogy>The Star Wars saga

Yeah I said it
              You're drunk again, aren't you.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

• Raiders owns. Where else before Inglorious Basterds comes out do you see Nazis getting owned so blatantly?

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• Originally posted by The Unseen View Post
                  On the top of Star Wars and LOTR...I got into both Star Wars and LOTR when younger, but LOTR is my favorite. Watching the movie lead me to the books, which led me to my planned future profession. I got real deep into LOTR's ****. Return of the King is pretty much my favorite movie ever, although I haven't seen many movies (comparatively).

But yeah, I still love Star Wars. I'd go 5-6-4-3-2-1. To be honest, I never really cared for A New Hope in terms of personal endearment (if that makes sense), but it probably deserves to be higher than any prequel movie. Although Revenge of the Sith was actually a pretty good movie.

And I've only seen Die Hard 2 and Live Free or Die Hard, and only Raiders of the Lost Ark and Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. You're not that bad, WMD.
                  "The Phantom Menace" >>>>>>> "Attack of the Clones"

If for no other reasons then.....

Other then that, I agree with the order.

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxV View Post
                    "The Phantom Menace" >>>>>>> "Attack of the Clones"

If for no other reasons then.....

Other then that, I agree with the order.
                    My kid brain jizzed its brain pants whenever I saw the Maul-Qui Gon duel.

Speaking of duels, the best one was probably the Luke-Vader Return of the Jedi duel, but my personal fave is the Sidious-Yoda duel in Revenge of the Sith.

by BoneKrusher
                    <DG> how metal unseen

Comment

• The best one was Anakin/Vader vs. Obi-Wan in "Return of the Sith" imo.

Comment

The best one was Anakin/Vader vs. Obi-Wan in "Return of the Sith" imo.
                        Good, but not aesthetically pleasing IMO. Two blue sabers against each other, and then all the moving around and chaos and lava was a bit distracting.

by BoneKrusher
                        <DG> how metal unseen

Comment

• If you ignore all Anakin/Padme scenes in Attack of the Clones, it's a badass movie.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

If you ignore all Anakin/Padme scenes in Attack of the Clones, it's a badass movie.
                            If you ignore all Anakin/Padme scenes anywhere ever, the prequels are good.

by BoneKrusher
                            <DG> how metal unseen

Comment

• The bad acting of Hayden Christensen really ruined it for me.

I can't believe they chose this guy for the main role, stupid decision imo.

Comment

The bad acting of Hayden Christensen really ruined it for me.

I can't believe they chose this guy for the main role, stupid decision imo.
                                It doesn't help that Lucas can't direct actors or write dialogue very well.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information