No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You have to take Gran Torino for what it is. You can't take it too seriously but you shouldn't view it as a comedy either even though there are some parts where you're supposed to laugh.

Comment

• Originally posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
      Did anyone see Taking Pelham 123? I really wanted to see that movie, but it looks like another Inside Man.
      Its okay of a movie. Its a lot of back and forth from Denzel trying to negotiate with Travolta and that takes up a lot of the movie. Then they try to throw in 2 car wrecks that were stupid. There is a ton of cussing and one gory shooting scene where the people magically stay alive for a little longer although they have been shot 15 times. Its entertaining so it was worth the $6 for me but it doesnt get really into it until closer to the end. Travolta does pretty good even though I had my doubts. If he had a deeper voice he would have fit the role better.

Comment

• the hangover was great

Go Celtics
        Go Irish
        Go Ravens

Comment

• Hats off please and a moment of silence for the 20th anniversary of the 1st "Major League" movie.
          Last edited by Whistler6; 06-15-2009, 11:11 PM.

Comment

• I've probably said it before in this thread, but as plain as the poster is, I really love this poster, hell I might even buy it. Maybe it's because of that sexy man in the astronaut suit, I don't know

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• Its definitely the sexy man in the suit. I may need to bring my Rockwell sig back for the release of Moon...
              Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
              The APS is strong in this one.
              Originally posted by killxswitch
              Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Watched The Big Lebowski, really good stuff by The Coen Brothers. I could understand why they gains such notoriety with this film, good comedy with a screwball story that eventually leads right back to the beginning. Jeff Bridges was brilliant, and I thought Philip Seymour Hoffman was perfect in his role

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                Show me your Wang, if you will.

Comment

• That's because PSH is perfect in every role.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whistler6 View Post
                    Hats off please and a moment of silence for the 20th anniversary of the 1st "Major League" movie.
                    One of my favorite movies of all time...now I feel like watching it.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
                    Originally posted by BaLLiN72
                    i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
                    Originally posted by Job
                    NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul View Post
                      That's because PSH is perfect in every role.
                      Which is why I thought he should play James Bond, Bruce Wayne, and Queen Elizabeth.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                        Which is why I thought he should play James Bond, Bruce Wayne, and Queen Elizabeth.
                        DDL says hi.

Comment

• Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
                          DDL says hi.
                          From the cave he hides in 364 days out of the year, while he awaits his next Oscar nominated role.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul View Post
                            From the cave he hides in 364 days out of the year, while he awaits his next Oscar nominated role.
                            Have I mentioned how awesome you are lately?

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
                              DDL says hi.
                              PSH>>>>DDL in the battle of the 3 letter acronyms/actors
                              Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                              The APS is strong in this one.
                              Originally posted by killxswitch
                              Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Gran Torino = late 60s/early 70s muscle car.

Early 70s = time of Eastwood as vigilante cop in Dirty Harry.

Eastwood character in GT = neighborhood cranky vigilante...... sense of deja vu, anyone?

Height of arrogance = Eastwood informing the Academy it would be his last acting role in 2008. That translates as Give me that Best Actor statuette NOW! More Oscars for makers of very pedestrian & redundant films? I hope not.

Sorry, no Oscar for Clint for GT, he got his last hand job from the Academy after they screwed Scorsese that yr. for Million $ Baby. Maybe making sequels to & variations of the same hit movie called Dirty Harry (that his mentor Don Siegel directed, not Eastwood) might have something to do with Hollywood & the ticket-buying public being sick & tired of Eastwood in the same damn role.
                                Last edited by LizardState; 06-16-2009, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information