Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Ending or the Twist is not predictable at all. I gotta agree with APS and by god we hardly do

    Comment


    • I didn't think the ending was that predictable when I watched it the first time. It was predictable as soon as Tyler disappeared though basically. Thats when you started to think, "Oh... maybe he is just Tyler or something, this is ****** up..." and that just adds to the awesomeness of it.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Vox Populi View Post
        I didn't think the ending was that predictable when I watched it the first time. It was predictable as soon as Tyler disappeared though basically. Thats when you started to think, "Oh... maybe he is just Tyler or something, this is ****** up..." and that just adds to the awesomeness of it.
        I did not however guess the ending in the 6th Sense no matter how many freaking clues the I See Dead People crew threw at me. My wife claims she did guess it -- Bruce Willis did not know he was dead -- & my wife has never never let me live it down. oh well

        I agree, Vox, the genie was out of the bottle when Tyler disappeared, then reappeared. The giveaway for me was Norton bought only 1 airline ticket for those scenes he was sitting next to Tyler on the plane, & they showed him staring at the tickets later in disbelief.

        As for the Departed some more. Wahlberg was good...I think he was given a little too much praise for that role but, that's just me. I still loved him in that role, I love Marky Mark. I think Leo and Jack were the best in the Departed though, especially, Leo. The whole cast was outstanding.
        Some of the boston accents in that movie were just terrible though, especially Martin Sheehan...."micwropwrocessessahhhs"
        lmao at the phonetics, kudos to burt, every time I see The Departed it disappoints me more. OK script from the Lehane book, yes Damon was good & sounded dead right for Bahhhhst-an. Sheehan did a better new England accent as the Pres. from New Hapmshuh in the West Wing, but he can dick up accents not native to him like no other.... hear him as Robt. E. Lee in The Killer Angels trying to do a Virginia aristocrat accent, uggh. As Southerner I have no patience for actors destroying Southern accents on screen. See Mystic River for better NE accents. Best thing about The Departed was Nicholson as a charismatic despotic gangster & homicidal maniac, almost a Shakespearean character. It wasnt as bleakly depressing as it should it have been from the subject matter, the many betrayals between caharacters are predictable, you knew it would end with everybody offing everybody else & a scene full of dead people.

        Still not buying into Marky Mark as a major film actor, although he was OK in the Planet of the Apes remake & elsewhere. I can't forget he was a rapper whose gimmick was pulling his baggy pants down to expose his boxers, classy guy. He was authentic as a psycho onscreen in several films too, maybe close to the actual Marky about age 16, I saw an E! a bio on him focusing on his teenage hoodlum background in Beantown.
        Last edited by LizardState; 06-19-2009, 03:27 PM.

        Comment


        • I just watched the trailer for "Cold Souls" and it looks amazing. Paul Giamatti is so underrated its criminal. In this one, he actually plays an actor named...Paul Giamatti! It looks great though.



          Also, eagerly awaiting Shrink with Kevin Spacey. That looks amazing as well.
          Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
          The APS is strong in this one.
          Originally posted by killxswitch
          Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

          Comment


          • Also, the trailer for Zombieland, with Woody Harrelson, Jesse Eisenberg and Emma Stone looks awesome as well. Im sure its bound to be some sort of Shaun of the Dead ripoff, just less British, I love those Horror/Comedy crossovers. And Emma Stone is starting to look really really hot.
            Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
            The APS is strong in this one.
            Originally posted by killxswitch
            Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
              I just watched the trailer for "Cold Souls" and it looks amazing. Paul Giamatti is so underrated its criminal. In this one, he actually plays an actor named...Paul Giamatti! It looks great though.



              Also, eagerly awaiting Shrink with Kevin Spacey. That looks amazing as well.
              They stole that idea from The Simpsons.
              #Chop


              sig by BoneKrusher

              Comment


              • Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                Also, the trailer for Zombieland, with Woody Harrelson, Jesse Eisenberg and Emma Stone looks awesome as well.
                Woody Harrelson is awesome.

                Comment


                • I'm not sure if someone posted this ever but a pretty fun movie game.

                  http://www.empireonline.com/crypticcanvas/
                  #Chop


                  sig by BoneKrusher

                  Comment


                  • I'm supposed to watch Valkyrie tonight, I've heard good things. Is it a good movie?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Vox Populi View Post
                      I'm supposed to watch Valkyrie tonight, I've heard good things. Is it a good movie?
                      Its alright, I'd give it anywhere from high 6 to a low 7 out of 10. There isn't nearly as much action as it seems, but thats fine with me. It was kind of predictable for me... lol.
                      Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

                      Rest in Peace, themaninblack

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Vox Populi View Post
                        I'm supposed to watch Valkyrie tonight, I've heard good things. Is it a good movie?
                        very interesting story. A fun one to watch, especially if you dig WWII films.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Vox Populi View Post
                          I'm supposed to watch Valkyrie tonight, I've heard good things. Is it a good movie?
                          It was ok. Can't say I'd watch it again though.
                          Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                          RIP themaninblack

                          Comment


                          • My sister told me they are making a Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs movie. That is a winner no matter how you look at it.
                            Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

                            Rest in Peace, themaninblack

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
                              Its alright, I'd give it anywhere from high 6 to a low 7 out of 10. There isn't nearly as much action as it seems, but thats fine with me. It was kind of predictable for me... lol.
                              Well being that the movie was based on something that actually happened, it should be predictable.


                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Hawk View Post
                                Well being that the movie was based on something that actually happened, it should be predictable.
                                That was a joke, lol...

                                They were trying to kill Hitler, and obviously, since he made it through the war, and then killed himself, they failed.
                                Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

                                Rest in Peace, themaninblack

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information