No announcement yet.

Soccer Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's all gone a bit quiet, to be honest it's all a bit confusing with the Pool finances wise. Some people think we have to sell to buy pretty much, whilst others say we are willing to spend £25mil and £160,000 a week to bring him in... In all honesty I don't want Tevez, since I feel we have his clone in Kuyt, I would much rather us bring in David Silva.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Comment

• Originally posted by UKfan View Post
      It's all gone a bit quiet, to be honest it's all a bit confusing with the Pool finances wise. Some people think we have to sell to buy pretty much, whilst others say we are willing to spend £25mil and £160,000 a week to bring him in... In all honesty I don't want Tevez, since I feel we have his clone in Kuyt, I would much rather us bring in David Silva.
      Now that I am a Pool supporter for at least next year I suppose I will chime in. I certainly agree with you there. While I wouldnt use the word clone(because Tevez is MUCH better imo), Kuyt and him are similar players. I would rather see Silva for sure, or if they have money, bringing together Torres and Villa would be an amazing striker pairing.
      When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• In all honesty, David Villa wont be coming in, Rafa seems happy with the current 4-2-3-1 formation with Alonso and Masch sitting, Silva will come in and play on the left of the 3 if he comes in, and if Tevez comes in I assume he will come in on the right for Kuyt, or down the middle with Gerrard moving right, I don't see us going back to a 4-4-2 with our current personnel, now if Alonso were to leave then we might...

Comment

In all honesty, David Villa wont be coming in, Rafa seems happy with the current 4-2-3-1 formation with Alonso and Masch sitting, Silva will come in and play on the left of the 3 if he comes in, and if Tevez comes in I assume he will come in on the right for Kuyt, or down the middle with Gerrard moving right, I don't see us going back to a 4-4-2 with our current personnel, now if Alonso were to leave then we might...
          No no no. I'll be so mad if we have to sell Alonso. He had a bad campaign last year but returned to his great form this year and was key in us taking 2nd. We better be bringing in someone world class if we sell off Alonso. Also, I don't know what the media thinks over there but I thought Riera was a great signing. I would love to see him improve here.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
          12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao

Comment

• Well the season is over and I can honestly say I am delighted with where Spurs finished. If you asked me at the start of the year I would have expected no less than Top 6, but given such a poor start (2 points after 8 games) finishing in 8th position is an amazing accomplishment.

Hopefully Harry continues his amazing run as coach and brings us back into top 6 contention next season. I'll be expecting nothing less than top 6.

Oh and how awesome is Toon being relegated? My flat mate is from Newcastle, England and I've been giving him crap allllllll day.

Comment

• Originally posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
              No no no. I'll be so mad if we have to sell Alonso. He had a bad campaign last year but returned to his great form this year and was key in us taking 2nd. We better be bringing in someone world class if we sell off Alonso. Also, I don't know what the media thinks over there but I thought Riera was a great signing. I would love to see him improve here.
              I don't want Alonso to leave, but there are TONS of rumours flying around regarding him, if he goes expect to see Gareth Barry come in, which IMO is a downgrade.

Comment

I don't want Alonso to leave, but there are TONS of rumours flying around regarding him, if he goes expect to see Gareth Barry come in, which IMO is a downgrade.
                Yea. I remember the whole debacle last year trying to get Barry after Alonso's bad campaign. But then he has a great year and we are still trying to make the same move? Barry is in no way an upgrade and I definitely agree he is a downgrade. Hopefully Benitez is telling the truth when he says that he is not selling Alonso. What do you think of Riera UK?

Steddy Ambition!

Comment

• Yeah, they think they can get Barry cheaper this year since once again Villa missed out on the CL, rumours of approx £10m, with Alonso leaving at around 16, but could be more...

I thought Riera started out really well, but began to fade slightly as the season went on, with a full offseason with us under hit belt I expect him to improve, but I would still prefer an upgrade over him, someone who can hurt the opposition in the big games, where I felt Riera was a bit anonymous, David Silva is my mancrush this summer lol.

Comment

Yeah, they think they can get Barry cheaper this year since once again Villa missed out on the CL, rumours of approx £10m, with Alonso leaving at around 16, but could be more...

I thought Riera started out really well, but began to fade slightly as the season went on, with a full offseason with us under hit belt I expect him to improve, but I would still prefer an upgrade over him, someone who can hurt the opposition in the big games, where I felt Riera was a bit anonymous, David Silva is my mancrush this summer lol.
                    Haha Silva would be sex. I'm not saying Riera is starter material for us I just thought he had some nice games for us and an underrated signing.

Benitez said he can still make the moves he wants without selling Alonso, we will see how that works out. If Real Madrid pushes hard and forks out a lot of dough it's going to be hard to resist IMO.

Steddy Ambition!

Comment

In all honesty, David Villa wont be coming in, Rafa seems happy with the current 4-2-3-1 formation with Alonso and Masch sitting, Silva will come in and play on the left of the 3 if he comes in, and if Tevez comes in I assume he will come in on the right for Kuyt, or down the middle with Gerrard moving right, I don't see us going back to a 4-4-2 with our current personnel, now if Alonso were to leave then we might...
                      If that's the case UK, then I would count you out for Tevez. I don't really see the Kuyt comparison, Tevez is much more of an out and out striker and a guy who needs to play down the middle. He's more of a goal poacher imo. Even though are formations are very fluid, Tevez rarely plays out wide.

And the only club who are gonna pay £30million for Tevez is City.

Sig by Eaglez.Fan

Comment

• United would be stupid to sell Tevez. The difference between the team when Tevez is in versus when Berbatov comes on is just stupid big.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yatta! View Post
                          If that's the case UK, then I would count you out for Tevez. I don't really see the Kuyt comparison, Tevez is much more of an out and out striker and a guy who needs to play down the middle. He's more of a goal poacher imo. Even though are formations are very fluid, Tevez rarely plays out wide.

And the only club who are gonna pay £30million for Tevez is City.
                          I haven't seen Tevez enough then in all honesty, he just strikes me as a workhorse and I tend to see him wide, possibly my mistake. I struggle to see where he fits as well in all honesty, I don't want him here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Race for the Heisman View Post
                            United would be stupid to sell Tevez. The difference between the team when Tevez is in versus when Berbatov comes on is just stupid big.
                            The point is that United don't own Tevez. He's been on loan here for two years and now that deal is up, so United will have to bid for him just like everyone else. He is owned by some sort of company headed by an agent, Kia Joorbachian but the details remain shady. Anyway apparently their asking price is £30million.

Sig by Eaglez.Fan

Comment

• I heard £25mil for Tevez, either way IMO it's too much, certainly for Liverpool who would have to change a winning formation to accommodate him, I fear Rafa just wants to get one over Fergie

Comment

• Personally, the only reason I think that Liverpool want to buy Tevez is because he's at United. Its simply Rafa still trying to play mind games with Fergie. I would personally love if United resign Tevez, but, on the otherhand, I feel the price is way too much. We can bring in two or three players for that sort of money.

Also, how can Liverpool afford Tevez? We all know now that the only reason that Man Utd are better than Liverpool is because Liverpool can't afford to shell out over £20 Million for players ... like Torres, or Keane.
                                Originally posted by George Carlin

In Football the object is for the Field General to be on target with his aerial assault, riddling the Defence by hitting his Receivers with deadly accuracy, in spite of the Blitz, even if he has to use the Shotgun. With short bullet passes and long bombs he marches his troops into enemy territory, balancing this aerial assault with a sustained ground attack which punches holes in the forward wall of the enemy’s Defensive Line.

In Baseball the object is to go home and be safe.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information