Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Soccer Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Real Madrid have begun their next big spending spree, acquiring Lazio left back Aleksandar Kolarov for 20 million Euros.

    They are supposedly on the verge of acquiring Benfica winger Angel Di Maria as well.

    Others rumored as possible targets: Inter right back Maicon, Liverpool midfielder Steven Gerrard, Arsenal midfielder Cesc Fabregas, Manchester United forward Wayne Rooney, Bordeaux's prodigal midfielder (being labeled the next Zidane) Yoann Gourcuff, Santos' prodigal winger (being labeled the next Ronaldo, even Pele by some) Neymar da Silva.

    And this happened some time ago, but David Villa has joined Barcelona and Adriano is making a European comeback after signing with Roma.

    Props to clover_jeez!

    Comment


    • I personally can't see Rooney going to Real Madrid.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Marino13 View Post
        I personally can't see Rooney going to Real Madrid.
        Yeah, me neither. They'd have to bench Higuain, and that'd be a travesty, seeing how he's been playing as of late. Plus, Mourinho has said he doesn't want him. Mourinho says that if they're going to pursue a forward, he wants Diego Milito.

        Props to clover_jeez!

        Comment


        • well if they go after Gerrard, it just clears up a space for Clint Dempsey to make the transfer to Liverpool :p

          Comment


          • I don't see why they'd need another striker when they have Higuain who just tore La Liga a new one. If Fabregas is moved i think ultimately it will be to Barca, and there's rumors that there will be an Ibra for Robinho swap.

            Comment


            • Looks like City is prepared to throw their moneybags at Donovan. What with me being an American fanboy, he has long been my favorite player, so I naturally love this. I melt at the thought of Donovan and Adam Johnson on the wing.

              Comment


              • Ballack is going back to Leverkusen

                Comment


                • Originally posted by SuperMcgee View Post
                  Looks like City is prepared to throw their moneybags at Donovan. What with me being an American fanboy, he has long been my favorite player, so I naturally love this. I melt at the thought of Donovan and Adam Johnson on the wing.
                  I could see that ending poorly with a lot of bench time for Landon.
                  When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Rob S View Post
                    I could see that ending poorly with a lot of bench time for Landon.
                    I hear ya. It wouldn't be so much of an expectation, but certainly possible. I just can't help but be excited at the speculation of matching that player with that team.
                    Last edited by SuperMcGee; 06-27-2010, 09:21 PM.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Rob S View Post
                      I could see that ending poorly with a lot of bench time for Landon.
                      He'll still get paid, so that's not ending that poorly.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by SuperMcgee View Post
                        I hear ya. It wouldn't be so much of an expectation, but certainly possible. I just can't help but be excited at the speculation of matching that player with that team.
                        oh for sure. as an american city fan, that's awesome. however, i think it may not be the best move for landon as a player. i will say tho, if he does stick there and is getting major minutes in uefa games it will be fantastic for him as a player.
                        When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Rob S View Post
                          oh for sure. as an american city fan, that's awesome. however, i think it may not be the best move for landon as a player. i will say tho, if he does stick there and is getting major minutes in uefa games it will be fantastic for him as a player.
                          That would be a terrible move for Landon. Man City already have a few wingers better than Donovan and have been heavily linked with others this offseason also better than him. I think he should try and move to a team in the 8-12ish rankings in the premier league, not a squad which is oozing talent (even though they can't put it together on the field.)

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Rob S View Post
                            I could see that ending poorly with a lot of bench time for Landon.
                            might just be a move so that man city can take advantage of the growing soccer market in the US following the WC. shirt sales.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Caddy View Post
                              That would be a terrible move for Landon. Man City already have a few wingers better than Donovan and have been heavily linked with others this offseason also better than him. I think he should try and move to a team in the 8-12ish rankings in the premier league, not a squad which is oozing talent (even though they can't put it together on the field.)
                              A return to Everton would be perfect. He was one of their best players while there on loan and meshed with all of the guys very well.
                              Last edited by Rob S; 06-27-2010, 11:00 PM.
                              When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Rob S View Post
                                A return to Everton would be perfect. He was one of their best players while there on loan and meshed with all of the guys very well.
                                I agree. He played fairly well at Everton for half a year.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information