Soccer Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Caddy View Post
    Keane won't leave the lane unless we sign somebody like Huntelaar I reckon. If you did grab him it'd be a great signing though. I've always love Keane.
    Rumors are pretty strong he is coming right now. We'll see tho, would be a major coup. I think that could put the toon on par with, let say....Everton. I think that would be a decent comparison.
    When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob S View Post
      21 seems like a really low fee for a player of his quality. Not much Liverpool could do if he really wanted out and was willing to make a big stink though
      Ok, seriously WTF. 17.2M only for Masche?
      http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/...no-is-a-little

Comment

Rumors are pretty strong he is coming right now. We'll see tho, would be a major coup. I think that could put the toon on par with, let say....Everton. I think that would be a decent comparison.
        I just can't see Spurs going into Champions League football with only Peter Crouch, Roman Pavlyuchenko and Jermain Defoe. It doesn't make any sense at all considering they are all fairly injury prone. If we get a 5th striker, I expect Keane or Pavlyuchenko to be shown the door.

Comment

• Originally posted by Caddy View Post
          I just can't see Spurs going into Champions League football with only Peter Crouch, Roman Pavlyuchenko and Jermain Defoe. It doesn't make any sense at all considering they are all fairly injury prone. If we get a 5th striker, I expect Keane or Pavlyuchenko to be shown the door.
          I think that all parties will come to their senses and we will see Zlatan to AC, KJH to Spurs, Robinho to Barca, and Keane to the Toon. All those moves make sense and should happen imo.

Comment

I think that all parties will come to their senses and we will see Zlatan to AC, KJH to Spurs, Robinho to Barca, and Keane to the Toon. All those moves make sense and should happen imo.
            I completely agree. I would be very intrigued by a KJH to Tottenham move.

Comment

• Apparently Schalke wants KJH too

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post

Costly loss, especially with Tottenham losing this week as well.

Comment

• I quite enjoy seeing Man City lose. Makes me happy.

Comment

• Not me. I could stand to see more Adebayor and less de Jong, though.

Comment

• US renewed Bradley's contract through 2014. Boooo.
                      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                        US renewed Bradley's contract through 2014. Boooo.
                        Add another boo from me.

And to think some idiot on ESPN is trying to claim Klinsmann doesn't fit the team because he had the Germans do yoga. I am really crushed by this news.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

• Originally posted by dabears10 View Post
                          Add another boo from me.

And to think some idiot on ESPN is trying to claim Klinsmann doesn't fit the team because he had the Germans do yoga. I am really crushed by this news.
                          Landon Donovan would love yoga!

Comment

• Possibly West Brom's best ever transfer window. We have got a solid #2 in Myhill, experience and quality across the back with Tamas, Pablo and Shorey, in midfield with Reid, Scharner, Tchoyi, and upfront with Odemwingie and Fortune.

Very, very confident we will stop up this year. If we don't do it this year we probably never will.

Comment

• Originally posted by UK_Cheesehead View Post
                              Possibly West Brom's best ever transfer window. We have got a solid #2 in Myhill, experience and quality across the back with Tamas, Pablo and Shorey, in midfield with Reid, Scharner, Tchoyi, and upfront with Odemwingie and Fortune.

Very, very confident we will stop up this year. If we don't do it this year we probably never will.
                              I think you have a good shot. The only thing that I think hurts you is the good starts of Blackpool, Wolves, and Newcastle. I still think Blackpool and Wigan will likely go down with a bunch of others (including WBA) fighting it out to avoid the drop. I don't see the Toon going down though as long as Carroll stays fit and out of jail, so that hurts a little bit.

Comment

• Alex Hleb is a nice loan signing for Birmingham. Hasn't gotten games recently at Barca, but he proved he was class in the English game at Arsenal and can do a big job for Birmingham if his fitness is up to snuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information