No announcement yet.

Soccer Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not bad for their first away win. Second over a Europa team, too. Brutal schedule for them after the Hammers game, though.

Comment

• Odds are they'll sh*t the bed next week, they have a tendency to lose games they should at least draw. But considering we're only 4 points out of 11th place, and the way we played today, I think we have a decent shot to stay up. Especially when we get Jody Craddock and Kevin Doyle back so we can play more 4-4-2.

Penn State Dolphins Dodgers Wolves FC

Comment

• Suck it Chelsea.

Penn State Dolphins Dodgers Wolves FC

Comment

• Good point for City tonight!!! Its gonna be hard to catch United with them being unbeaten and all and having two games on us. But a good result on the road at Arsenal, and bull crap red cards for both teams at the end there.

Comment

• Yoda roots for city!?

I'm so happy!

Though I did just blow the result for myself by coming in here.

Comment

• ******* Woy Hodgson...

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Comment

• I've never really followed it, but the local women's team just signed Marta, so that's pretty cool.

A sort of expected letdown in the second half of yesterday's game. United just doesn't lose. I'm just hoping Blackpool can keep Adam as long as possible.

Comment

• Torres out, Suarez and Carroll in at Anfield.

David Luiz and Torres to Chelsea.

Some big old numbers going around.

Most importantly, Charlie Adam looks to be staying at Blackpool :D

Comment

• I still can't believe Liverpool threw that much at Newcastle for Carroll.
                    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperMcgee View Post
                      Most importantly, Charlie Adam looks to be staying at Blackpool :D
                      Probably only until the summer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                        Probably only until the summer.
                        yepyepyep, but it feels like a triumph!

Comment

• so andy carroll is worth almost as much as david villa. absurd.

Comment

• Major panic move from Liverpool I think. They lose Torres, panic and end up paying a small fortune for a largely untested player. Surely they could have got a player slightly older for a lot leas and then worries about replacing him after the season. Plus they have Suarez!

Comment

• If they didn't get Carroll, it would have been Suarez up front...by himself much like Torres was.

Liverpool also is getting old. Stevie G is what, 30? Not as old as Chelsea, but still getting up there. With the EPL's new rules on squad registration, more value is placed on homegrown players too.

Newcastle wanted the money more than anything and were able to sell Carroll to do so. At least the Torres sale funded the Carroll swap instead of the money coming straight out of the NESV pockets. They're also rebuilding the team via youth, which is a good indicator in my eyes of how they want the Reds to succeed long term instead of short term.
                              Last edited by Verloren; 01-31-2011, 09:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by thefalconer View Post
                                so andy carroll is worth almost as much as david villa. absurd.
                                Apparently more. Carroll went for 35m while Villa went for 40m euro which is now about 34m

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information