Soccer Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
    The game is at the Rose Bowl. It was weird FSC didn't have the Mexico game on last night.
    Didn't they?
    What's weirder, or more pissed-offer, is that I don't get FSC despite paying DirecTV about $100 a month.

Anyone know for sure who has it tomorrow?
    It seems Univision always has them, and that's free.
    So ****you FSC!

I just wish I spoke better Espanol.

Comment

• Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
      Didn't they?
      What's weirder, or more pissed-offer, is that I don't get FSC despite paying DirecTV about $100 a month.

Anyone know for sure who has it tomorrow?
      It seems Univision always has them, and that's free.
      So ****you FSC!

I just wish I spoke better Espanol.
      I'm sure you can get it for about 5-10 bucks a month along with a bunch of other sports channels.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
        I'm sure you can get it for about 5-10 bucks a month along with a bunch of other sports channels.
        Yeah I can, but I already pay EXTRA for some extra sports channels like the great Tennis Channel.
        It ticks me off they demand more for the soccer channel, when ESPN should show it.
        Amazing to me there is a dedicated soccer channel in this country actually.

And this game should be in Seattle or Portland where they can sell it out with 99% American fans. The USA is the host, and should have chosen a site with pro-American fans.
        Los Angeles will not be.

Comment

Yeah I can, but I already pay EXTRA for some extra sports channels like the great Tennis Channel.
          It ticks me off they demand more for the soccer channel, when ESPN should show it.
          Amazing to me there is a dedicated soccer channel in this country actually.

And this game should be in Seattle or Portland where they can sell it out with 99% American fans. The USA is the host, and should have chosen a site with pro-American fans.
          Los Angeles will not be.
          ESPN probably didn't want it badly enough. They don't have enough hard core soccer viewers to justify airing the US vs all these tiny countries. And quite frankly it would probably make the casual fan to glancing viewer disgusted that we can't destroy these little countries. I'm sure ESPN would love to air the final but they probably had to purchase the whole tournament rights.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
            ESPN probably didn't want it badly enough. They don't have enough hard core soccer viewers to justify airing the US vs all these tiny countries. And quite frankly it would probably make the casual fan to glancing viewer disgusted that we can't destroy these little countries. I'm sure ESPN would love to air the final but they probably had to purchase the whole tournament rights.
            Yeah this pretty much nails it. I'm glad FSC has it thought because their coverage in regards to the USA team is much better.
            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Yeah this pretty much nails it. I'm glad FSC has it thought because their coverage in regards to the USA team is much better.
              Who are their play-by-play guys and analysts?
              I don't get FSC.

Comment

• Jp Dellacamera and Kyle Martino do the game. Pre and post game has been Eric Wynalda, Cobi Jones, and Christopher Sullivan.
                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Jp Dellacamera and Kyle Martino do the game. Pre and post game has been Eric Wynalda, Cobi Jones, and Christopher Sullivan.
                  Oh I hate the American announcers. I prefer Ian Darke.

Comment

• I like Wynalda. I'm not in love with the announcers but they do a good enough job where they don't bother me. ESPN's EPL crew is very good.
                    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I like Wynalda. I'm not in love with the announcers but they do a good enough job where they don't bother me. ESPN's EPL crew is very good.
                      Makes it seem more serious/big league/big time.... wish we could listen to them in this game.

PTA is talking about this game.
                      Blood rivalry.
                      Mexico has homefield advantage, here in Los Angeles, which seriously rubs me the wrong way. I think it's bullschit. Think about that.

What other country would not have home field advantage on their home turf?

Comment

Makes it seem more serious/big league/big time.... wish we could listen to them in this game.

PTA is talking about this game.
                        Blood rivalry.
                        Mexico has homefield advantage, here in Los Angeles, which seriously rubs me the wrong way. I think it's bullschit. Think about that.

What other country would not have home field advantage on their home turf?
                        Maybe if American fans gave two shits about soccer, they wouldn't give up homefield advantage in their own country.

Comment

• Same thing happened when US played Canada in the junior hockey tournament in Buffalo. Honestly a frustrating experience. But winning would still be oh so sweet in those surroundings.

Comment

• Concacaf probably picked the Rose Bowl as the place for the final game.
                            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamaal-Football View Post
                              Maybe if American fans gave two shits about soccer, they wouldn't give up homefield advantage in their own country.
                              Like I said, the soccer fans in Seattle do care and they pack it in for their MLS Seattle Sounders.
                              They should have been rewarded for that with this game, and that would help the USA.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperMcgee View Post
                                Same thing happened when US played Canada in the junior hockey tournament in Buffalo. Honestly a frustrating experience.
                                Yeah, that is bullschit. I do have a tremendous amount of respect for the Canadiens though for their hockey passion. Reminds me of the village of Green Bay and those Eskimos passion for the Packers.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information