Soccer Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• here's a list of people connected to the job

Jurgen Klinsmann- Former German National Coach, and German soccer legend. Lives in the US and has been offered the job in the past. Originally turned job down because he wanted to change the youth developmental system. The system has since changed and Klinsmann would probably accept the job.

Marcelo Lippi- Coached Italy to the 2006 World Cup win, but struggled replacing aging players during the 2010 WC. Admits he misses coaching, but can US afford him?

Sergio Batista- Just fired by Argentina after a disappointing Copa America. Coincidence that Bob was fired right after Batista?

Jason Kreis- Considered by many to be the best coach in the MLS. Built Real Salt Lake into one of the top teams in MLS from scratch. Was named Manager right after he retired and is still young (38). Obsessed with game planning and is a very good tactician. Is he ready for a potential jump?

Claudio Reyna- Captain America. Since retiring has been put in charge of the Youth System in the US, and in his short time in charge the changes are noticeable. Is training our youth system much like Holland trains their youth. Played professionally in Germany, Scotland, and England. Known as a playmaker during his playing days. US legend.

Sigi Schid- REALLY wants the job bad. Successful everywhere he's coached. Only coach so far to lead an MLS to win the CONCOCAF Champions League

Piotr Nowak- Union coach. Former U-23 manager that is highly respected. Former assistant. Fairly boring style, but very good at developing young players, and is decent with tactics

Comment

• Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
      YESSSSSSSSSSS. Thank god.

Now, Jurgen please times infinity. I will trade sexual favors for Jurgen.

Comment

• LMFAO

"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
        Originally posted by TitanHope
        R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
        He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.

Comment

• Do you remember when Javier Hernandez did the same thing last year? Except he kicked it off his face and then it bounced into the net.

Comment

• Originally posted by raiderz4life View Post

LMFAO
            Considering he did this just a few weeks ago, I don't think he cares if you're laughing.

When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• In the games I've seen so far Benayoun has easily looked like the best midfielder on Chelsea. They were excited about him last year but he tore his Achilles before his season really started going. Under a new manager I wonder if he plans to play him a lot more. But I'd imagine any midfielder they are likely to bring in will cut into his playing time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                In the games I've seen so far Benayoun has easily looked like the best midfielder on Chelsea. They were excited about him last year but he tore his Achilles before his season really started going. Under a new manager I wonder if he plans to play him a lot more. But I'd imagine any midfielder they are likely to bring in will cut into his playing time.
                I doubt he plays to be honest. Going to Chelsea was an incredibly dumb move for him.

Comment

• this is crazy btw. remember the name

Comment

• Originally posted by the dude View Post

this is crazy btw. remember the name
                    Yeah, its an amazing goal. He will be great, should just steer clear of England imo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob S View Post
                      Yeah, its an amazing goal. He will be great, should just steer clear of England imo.
                      Klinsmann to coach US Mens National Team!

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
                        Nice to see it reported, but until we get a legit source nothing is certain.

Comment

• Originally posted by the dude View Post

this is crazy btw. remember the name
                          Ugh, I remember when I used to score goals like this... A loss of passion for the game ruined me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob S View Post
                            Nice to see it reported, but until we get a legit source nothing is certain.
                            It's a done deal.

Comment

• ESPN reporting as well. Yay!

Comment

• I believe it's now said "Ooh-S-M-N-T". Great move, Bradley took us as far as he could, it was just time for a change.

Penn State Dolphins Dodgers Wolves FC

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information