No announcement yet.

Soccer Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It wasn't a great match. Everyone had an off day except maybe Pippo, but even with those 2 goals, he didn't play too well. Gerrard was particularly bad today, his shots were soft, crosses none, and made some bad passes as well. Kaka didn't have a good day either. I think by far the best game of the Champions League was Man U's 3-2 W over AC Milan, or that 7-1 beatdown to Roma, but then again I'm biased.

Comment

• Originally posted by Modano View Post
      I don't know if the point deductions was a factor. It was only 8 points... Btw, there was something in the Inter "karma" that didn't allow them to win. Everytime they lost in unimaginable ways. This year's success could set the tone, now the team know they can win.

I guess you're watching the game right now. Do you realise why I hate them? Liverpool dominated the first period but Milan is winning only because of LUCK.
      Nah, I didn't get to watch it as I was out unfortunatly. I've never really like Milan either, I like the Pirlo-Gattuso combo and obviously Parmas former players Bonera and Gilardino. I still haven't forgiven Ancelloti for his instance to sell Zola to Chelsea because he didn't have room for a creative player in his 4-5-1 system. I still marginally prefer them to Juventus, but nothing could outweigh my hatred for Man Utd.
      Originally posted by nobodyinparticular
      #1--Russell I can't be too disappointed in this pick because he is, realistically, a huge upgrade (in the same way that the Great Wall of China would be a huge upgrade over the fence in my backyard) over Andrew Walter.

Comment

• Originally posted by TCU View Post
        AC Milan 2 - 0 Liverpool
        the game should have ended 2-0 but i was unlucky not to get another perfect predict.

former #1 in post count on this site
        first to 500 posts

Comment

• Originally posted by AdrianWilson12 View Post
          Nah, I didn't get to watch it as I was out unfortunatly. I've never really like Milan either, I like the Pirlo-Gattuso combo and obviously Parmas former players Bonera and Gilardino. I still haven't forgiven Ancelloti for his instance to sell Zola to Chelsea because he didn't have room for a creative player in his 4-5-1 system. I still marginally prefer them to Juventus, but nothing could outweigh my hatred for Man Utd.
          Why do you hate us Red Devils? You're an Arsenal fan?

Comment

• giallorossi 2008

Comment

• i have to wonder how Milan could play defense that spotty and still come out on top, they really have to consider themselves lucky to have won today. I also wante to say there was something fishy about the end of the match. Liverpool was clearly staring to make a run and not even the full 3 minutes had passed with a substitution in the middle when the game was called....hmmm

Sig thanks to VLS

My BC Iggles. (13-4)

Comment

• Originally posted by FlutiesDropKick View Post
                i have to wonder how Milan could play defense that spotty and still come out on top, they really have to consider themselves lucky to have won today. I also wante to say there was something fishy about the end of the match. Liverpool was clearly staring to make a run and not even the full 3 minutes had passed with a substitution in the middle when the game was called....hmmm
                Milan is the luckiest team I've ever seen. And I see them play every year, every sunday.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

the game should have ended 2-0 but i was unlucky not to get another perfect predict.
                  No it really shouldn't have. Liverpool had the better of play and had the better scoring chances. That first goal is still questionable in my mind for Milan as well.

Gerrard misses a wide open break away, Gerrard misses wide open atop the 18, Bennet (the winger with curly hair) totally jags a cross that could've set up Gerrard with a one timer inside the 18, Bennet jags a wide open shot from about 10 yards away....I could go on for a few more as well. Liverpool IMO choked away this game by not finishing their chances.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                  Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• it is Jermaine Pennant just FYI....

and what are the thoughts on the last goal handball?

Comment

• Originally posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
                      Why do you hate us Red Devils? You're an Arsenal fan?
                      Nah, I support lowly Coventry. Out of the big 4 in the premiership I prefer Arsenal. The Man Utd hate is much like the hate for the Yankees or Notre Dame. Way too many glory hunters support the Red Devils and they tend to be cocky about their team as well as have a poor knowledge of football. They are just a obnoxious team and outside Ronaldo and Giggs all their players just piss me off. I've tried to justify it, but in all honesty, like most hatred, its mainly irrational.
                      Originally posted by nobodyinparticular
                      #1--Russell I can't be too disappointed in this pick because he is, realistically, a huge upgrade (in the same way that the Great Wall of China would be a huge upgrade over the fence in my backyard) over Andrew Walter.

Comment

• From what i saw, Milan was lucky, but Livepool never really seemed to have much of a chance...outside Gerrard's misses. They looked good at the beginning, but then it was just sort of a draw the rest of the way with Milan getting lucky once, and just beating Liverpool on the second goal.

Pretty much a sloppy game overall, and i think any of the final 8 teams could have beat both Milan and Liverpool in this game.

DChess resizing inc.

Reality is relative.

We don't give a DAMN for the whole state of Michigan

Comment

• I wish Milan played this poorly against Man U. in the 2nd leg =(

Comment

• What is yalls favorite soccer video games,

i have Fifa World Cup 2006, Fifa 07, and UEFA Champ. League 2007 and i have to say that the Champions League is overall the best game, the Ultimate team mode is the best franchise mode ever.

former #1 in post count on this site
                            first to 500 posts

Comment

What is yalls favorite soccer video games,

i have Fifa World Cup 2006, Fifa 07, and UEFA Champ. League 2007 and i have to say that the Champions League is overall the best game, the Ultimate team mode is the best franchise mode ever.
                              Football/Championship Manager 07.

Sig by gbpackers0065

Chicago Bears: NFC Champions

Comment

• I have heard that Winning 11 is the best, that said, I play FIFA and love it.
                                When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information