Soccer Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
    When Timmy is on his game he is one of the best in the world. Go watch his first season at Manchester United.
    And then ask yourself why they let him go out on loan and signed two more keepers. I like him but no way is he one of the best in the world.
    What if everyone simultaneously disobeys?
    It aint a game if no one plays, oh.

Comment

• That just means that Van Der Sar is better than him, but Van der Sar is one of the best in the world as well, so that doesn't prove your point at all. Howard dominated with Everton last year, why do you think they locked him up full-term?
      Glenn Dorsey will slip...

Jets will not take McFadden...

Comment

• Originally posted by nvot9 View Post
        That just means that Van Der Sar is better than him, but Van der Sar is one of the best in the world as well, so that doesn't prove your point at all. Howard dominated with Everton last year, why do you think they locked him up full-term?
        Van Der Sar himself is being replaced by Ben Foster, so Timmy would be third string if he was still at Man U. Howard didn't "dominate" last year either, he wouldn't be in my top 20, maybe not 30.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Comment

• Originally posted by UKfan View Post
          Van Der Sar himself is being replaced by Ben Foster, so Timmy would be third string if he was still at Man U. Howard didn't "dominate" last year either, he wouldn't be in my top 20, maybe not 30.
          Truth. I'd still take take Brad Friedel given the choice, the guy is a beast.
          Last edited by rchrd; 06-17-2007, 11:00 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by rchrd View Post
            Truth. I'd take still take Brad Friedel given the choice, the guy is a beast.
            Brad's an animal. I'd consider Marcus Hahnemann over Timmy as well in all honesty, it's close between them.

Comment

• Yeah it's a good problem to have. Struggled tonight between watching La Liga and the England U21's but managed to see most of the best bits from both. Good nights football all in all. Becks gets his title and the U21's go through (actually enjoyed them scoring with the player down lol).

Comment

• I watched the Madrid game, was pretty good, the equaliser was a cracking goal from Madrid, great build up

Comment

• Does someone wanna help me out and reccommend me a pair of nice new boots to wear? I play defense but go up front a lot, so I want a cleat that's got a nice touch and is molded close to my foot. Durability is a BIG concern as well, I don't want any cheap, Adidas cleats from K-Mart. I just got through with the Vapors and they were awesome, but they're to small now after a year, my problem with them was that they were a bit too heavy.

But yea, I'm just on my look now for some nice new cleats for the upcoming fall season and was wondering if you guys have a few cleats I should check out.

http://www.prosoccer.com/productDeta...productId=4256

^^Those are my front runners as of now.
                  Last edited by nvot9; 06-18-2007, 03:57 PM.
                  Glenn Dorsey will slip...

Jets will not take McFadden...

Comment

Does someone wanna help me out and reccommend me a pair of nice new boots to wear? I play defense but go up front a lot, so I want a cleat that's got a nice touch and is molded close to my foot. Durability is a BIG concern as well, I don't want any cheap, Adidas cleats from K-Mart. I just got through with the Vapors and they were awesome, but they're to small now after a year, my problem with them was that they were a bit too heavy.

But yea, I'm just on my look now for some nice new cleats for the upcoming fall season and was wondering if you guys have a few cleats I should check out.

Those are the best, but they cost a **** load of money. I buy the fake one of those, and they work well for me, cuz I'm not spendin 200$ every year to get a pair of cleats. http://www.soccerpro.com/SearchResul...FQJUZQod7Wts6g, these are well worth the money, as they won't wear down and are much cheaper than those vapors. The Ronaldinho Tiempo is one I would consider buying as well if your gonna spend some big money. It has great touch, and great feel when you shoot. If you like to control the ball, that cleat is for you.

Comment

• Nike's are the best boots (cleats, whatever) out right now IMO and it isn't really close, any Nike you feel comfortable with should be the right choice.

Comment

• Originally posted by UKfan View Post
                        Nike's are the best boots (cleats, whatever) out right now IMO and it isn't really close, any Nike you feel comfortable with should be the right choice.
                        exactly, Addidas is far from Nike, and so ae any little shoe company. I hate addidas ever since I got a pair, wore it for 2 weeks, and gave up on them. Horrible touch, horrible fit, horrible studs, not to mention they're stiff like hell. I hate Addidas apparell after that. Not to mention someone kicked me wit my Addidas shinguards on in theshin, and it left a huge bruise and cracked them. Never buying Addidas again unless I'm forced to.

Comment

• I wear Adidas shinpads actually, before that I wore Sondico shinpads. Boots wise Reebok's can be ok, I wore some in the past that were fine, and Lotto is a pretty decent cheaper brand, but Nike is the way to go.

Comment

• I had Rivaldo's world cup pearl (or whatever they're called, they where white n red) Mizuno boots for ages. Most comfortable boots i've ever owned. Mostly play 5 a side now so its astro turfs all the way. Plus the Adidas f-50's were always really good i found. Dunno about the new one's..

777 posts, in the football thread, I wear number 7. Does this mean the apocalypse is coming or something??
                            Last edited by rchrd; 06-18-2007, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Does someone wanna help me out and reccommend me a pair of nice new boots to wear? I play defense but go up front a lot, so I want a cleat that's got a nice touch and is molded close to my foot. Durability is a BIG concern as well, I don't want any cheap, Adidas cleats from K-Mart. I just got through with the Vapors and they were awesome, but they're to small now after a year, my problem with them was that they were a bit too heavy.

I got 2 pairs of boots and they lasted me through high school, and were amazing.

For dry weather:

Reebok Katana's. They're cheap, and they have great contact area. I don't know if they're made anymore, but I'm coaching now and Practicing with the kids it just brings back memories, because those boots are absolutely amazing.

For Wet Weather:

Adidas Predators. They provide unbelievable traction in swampy/loose turf situations. And they have rubber patches that provide amazing traction on the ball, giving you accuracy even in the worst field conditions.

Again I haven't bought a pair in 5-6 years, but I wouldn't trade those boots away for a million dollars without replacing them exactly.

Predators were just amazing, It was a near tropical storm and I blasted a 35 yard Free Kick off the post, beautiful bend and all.

As for the Katana's they just contour so perfectly and naturally. I wear them all the time. So comfortable and they really had it figured out with hiding the laces.
                              Last edited by Mr. Stiller; 06-18-2007, 09:58 PM.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

• http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...439873&cc=5901

Alexi Lalas is acting the fool again. The top MLS clubs could hang with the Newcastles of the EPL, but not the Chelseas or Man Us. As a league it isn't even close. I'd say that a MLS/SPL comparison would be fairly accurate, but the EPL? That's just laughable.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information