• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 11 Tainted Sports Achievements

http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/7042832

Just alittle preview
    Michael Strahan's NFL sack record

The New York Giants defensive end was running out of time to break Mark Gastineau's 17-year-old record of 22 sacks in a season. Strahan was stuck on 21-1/2.

With just 2:42 left in the fourth quarter of Strahan's final game of the 2001 regular season, the Green Bay Packers led the Giants 34-25. Packers quarterback Brett Favre called a running play, then tried a "naked bootleg" play by rolling out to Strahan's side without a blocker.

When confronted by Strahan, Favre flopped and gave up the record sack uncontested. Since Favre had joked about Strahan's record quest before the game suggesting a side deal between the two could be arranged the achievement appeared dubious.

"I just react to what happens," Strahan said after the game. "He was booting out on the same play earlier and I missed him, as far as containing and keeping him in the pocket. This time he went down and I hopped on him. What am I supposed to do? Get up and say, 'Brett! Why didn't you throw it?'"

Further diminishing Strahan's "record" is Deacon Jones' unofficial mark of 26 sacks earned before the NFL kept such statistics......
    more

That is utter BS. If you ever watch the replay, Favre is just protecting himself by not taking the full extent of the hit. He has not played in so many consecutive games by taking straight on hits from defenders. And people also fail to realize that even without that sack, 21.5 sacks in one season is pretty impressive. This is probably the dumbest article ever just for that one story. I know that I'm being very homerish, but would it have been better if he intentionally ground the ball, so that Strahan didn't get the sack. Would that make people happier?

Here's a quote from Strahan after the game: "This time he went down and I hopped on him. What am I supposed to do? Get up and say, 'Brett! Why didn't you throw it?"

Originally posted by Halsey
    I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
      That is utter BS. If you ever watch the replay, Favre is just protecting himself by not taking the full extent of the hit. He has not played in so many consecutive games by taking straight on hits from defenders. And people also fail to realize that even without that sack, 21.5 sacks in one season is pretty impressive. This is probably the dumbest article ever just for that one story. I know that I'm being very homerish, but would it have been better if he intentionally ground the ball, so that Strahan didn't get the sack. Would that make people happier?

Here's a quote from Strahan after the game: "This time he went down and I hopped on him. What am I supposed to do? Get up and say, 'Brett! Why didn't you throw it?"
      I disagree, Farve gave Strahan that record. I like Strahan and hate gastineau but Farve completly gave Strahan that record.

Comment

It's Deacon Jones' record regardless.

Comment

Anybody who thinks that sack was legitimate isn't looking at it from an objective or accurate point of view. Somebody please show me a tape where Favre ever went down that easy at any point in his career. The two players even exchanged words before that very play. And when do you ever see teams that are leading by 9 with 2 minutes left go to the air?

And take a look at these quotes-

"That was classy of Brett to do that," veteran Giants offensive tackle Lomas Brown said, referring to what he perceived as Favre's generosity on the play.

"That was called as a running play," Franks said. "I don't know if it was a bad snap or what. I was run blocking. I didn't know it was a pass."

Comment

Originally posted by Man_Of_Steel View Post
            I disagree, Farve gave Strahan that record. I like Strahan and hate gastineau but Farve completly gave Strahan that record.
            Strahan didn't earn a sack; it was given to him

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

did he really mention Lance Armstrong's 7 straight as tainted because the french hate him? seriously, the guy never tested positive for anything and he's "tainted." what a douche.

Also Favre totally layed down for that and everybody was pissed afterwards, including game announcers.

Comment

Originally posted by SubNoize View Post
                did he really mention Lance Armstrong's 7 straight as tainted because the french hate him? seriously, the guy never tested positive for anything and he's "tainted." what a douche.

Also Favre totally layed down for that and everybody was pissed afterwards, including game announcers.
                Barry Bonds never tested positive...

Comment

Originally posted by WinslowBodden View Post
                  His gigantic cranium did.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                  they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                  Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

I need more Giants homers to post. Sometimes I miss GRF...

Originally posted by Halsey
                    I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by SubNoize View Post

I agree about Armstrong, its really unfair to him that he's been accused of something he never did

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

But there's plenty of circumstansial evidence. He's grown more at the end of his career than the normal human grows during puberty, that's not normal and something is obviously going on to cause that to happen.

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club

Comment

but has admitted to "accidental" use in grand jury testimony...

Comment

personally Nykesha Sales record would be the most... i dont know.. i just wouldnt want it that way

Sig By Diehardvikingfan

Comment

Originally posted by HoopsDemon12 View Post
                              personally Nykesha Sales record would be the most... i dont know.. i just wouldnt want it that way
                              She deserved it though, she would have beaten the record by a good amount, but she got hurt one basket short, I think it was ok.

That is correct comahan
                              I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                              <3 dg

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information