Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My New Apartment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Can I bet on this? I'd bag one of those dirties for a three-digit profit. ;)



    On second thought...

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by DChess View Post
      im prally going to stay at home for a year, and try to pay back my loans. going to shchool out of state takes a hit to the bank
      I'm going to graduate debt-free unless I take some unexpected expenses. Gotta love Canada for the price of education. I'm only dropping something like $5,000/year in tuition. Everything included, I'll probably spend $12,000-$15,000 per year. Not bad when compared to the cost of schools in America. Then again, I'm going to end up paying back the difference in taxes eventually anyway.

      Does America have interest-free student loans like Canada or are you taking another big hit there too?

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Moses View Post
        Can I bet on this? I'd bag one of those dirties for a three-digit profit. ;)On second thought...
        LMAO. You would, too. Dude that honestly sent a shiver down my spine when I pictured in my head whether or not I'd hit that. I pictured her laying on the bed with that look on her face and then I wondered what the other parts looked like. That's some hard earned money there, moses. I think you'd deserve it if you went through with that. In this situation, I'd let you pull a Pete Rose and bet on the home team.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Moses View Post
          I'm going to graduate debt-free unless I take some unexpected expenses. Gotta love Canada for the price of education. I'm only dropping something like $5,000/year in tuition. Everything included, I'll probably spend $12,000-$15,000 per year. Not bad when compared to the cost of schools in America. Then again, I'm going to end up paying back the difference in taxes eventually anyway.

          Does America have interest-free student loans like Canada or are you taking another big hit there too?
          another hit

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by DChess View Post
            i dont even bother thinking of that stuff, 3 more years, then my masters, its a long ways away
            What's Your Major?

            Also, debt is a ***** i got a substantial scholarship for undergrad but, it'll probably be a year or two until i pay off law school. Getting my car was really hard because my credit pretty bad.

            Comment


            • #21
              I live in a house with 4 of my friends at Michigan. I was lucky enough to get the best location / new furnishing. My friend's dad knows the real estate agent in that area and held the house off the market for an entire year because he knew we would want it.

              Comment


              • #22
                I move into my apartment in Madison on the 25th. I'm definitely excited to be getting out of my parents house...I've been about ready to snap after being around them all summer.

                Comment


                • #23
                  I don't know how common this is in other college towns but at my apartment complex I don't have to pay any bills. No electric, water, garbage, and etc., it's pretty sweet. Plus we have covered parking. Surprisingly it's not the most expensive place in town.

                  Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by DChess View Post
                    im prally going to stay at home for a year, and try to pay back my loans. going to shchool out of state takes a hit to the bank
                    X2. My sis goes to NYU. Say bye to 40k a year.
                    Peyton Manning Fanboy
                    Originally posted by Complex
                    They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

                    Proving the doubters wrong.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by bernbabybern820 View Post
                      X2. My sis goes to NYU. Say bye to 40k a year.
                      How do Americans afford that? Seems completely unreasonable to expect a teenager to have the ability to raise $160,000 in 4 years. No bank in the world would lend that kind of money either.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        1) That thing with the girl fell through. Plus I wanted to save my money for this apartment. She's now dating one of my best friends, haha.

                        2) I'm a Sophomore at Heartland Community College, playing soccer here for one season then transferring up to Columbia College in Chicago.

                        My roommate is gonna hold back on the drinking during the season (we'll see how long that lasts) so we probably won't start hosting parties for a while, and if we do have people over it'll be small stuff. I'm not a huge drinker, so that won't be a problem for me for now, but I imagine things will pick up pretty quick.


                        Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

                        Originally posted by JBCX
                        Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Moses View Post
                          Seems completely unreasonable to expect a teenager to have the ability to raise $160,000 in 4 years. No bank in the world would lend that kind of money either.
                          Typically, at schools like that it's the mother and father's money, scholarship or grant money. However, you would be surprised how many banks give out loans to pay for that much tuition.

                          Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            yea my parents pay for mine---tuition, my house, books, and food money (dont have off campus meal plan)

                            theres also financial aid and grants----i dont know anything about that stuff; i let my parents take care of that

                            anything else---gas, video games, pay per views, spending money--parties, clubs, etc is on me

                            cred 2 BoneKrusher

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Sweetness post pics if you can.

                              sig made by BoneKrusher

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                I live in a house with 4 other dudes. It's pretty sweet cause we're about a mile from campus, and there's a decent gas station/qwiki mart across the street from our neighborhood. The guys that work there are pretty cool but i swear they are running a drug ring and/or gambling ring in the back. There's also quite a few hotties that live by us.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information