Team USA Basketball

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ghettosermon View Post
    Yeah size was a problem but they should have beat Jordan to move on, the coaching and program is the problem. They think they are the U.S. in that they have such great talent they can just throw a team together 3 weeks before a competition, but they don't have that kind of talent, they should learn from other international programs, but they are a team on the rise for sure.
    for some reason i figured it had to do w/ coaching, u made them sound fairly talented

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Man Brazil barely scrapped by the Virgin Islands yesterday, Nene has not been impressive what so ever. The Uruguay Puerto Rico game was a classic, I was watching it every second. Uruguay had an amazing win as Puerto Rico has been a huge bust in this tournament. Esteban Batista absolutely dominated with 34 points and 15 boards with a huge clutch put back. And again Batista missed many shots he'd usually make and could have easily had 50 points.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
      http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
      Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
      http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Is Rikcy Rubio playing for anyone in this tourny? i wanan see this kid play cazuse i have heard a lot of good thigns about him

Sig By Diehardvikingfan

Comment

Dwade will make the team next year but is a waste. His game doesn't fit, commits carry's so often, we don't need his ball handling or passing, and he can't shoot better than any of the other guards, so leave him off despite his big name.
          that is right, he isnt right for team USA because all he can do is penetrate and he has no jumper. Did Arenas not make it? I think he could be a good fit
          CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
          JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

Originally posted by jballa838 View Post
            that is right, he isnt right for team USA because all he can do is penetrate and he has no jumper. Did Arenas not make it? I think he could be a good fit
            Eh I doubt it and I doubt he would want to. Coach K told the media that he was sent home due to injury problems, but Gil said he was 100% healthy and they just cut him but wanted to look like the good guys and couldn't cut him straight up and had to make excuses, that's why Gil had a grudge against the team US assistants and said he would drop like 100 or something if he played Duke.

Comment

Eh I doubt it and I doubt he would want to. Coach K told the media that he was sent home due to injury problems, but Gil said he was 100% healthy and they just cut him but wanted to look like the good guys and couldn't cut him straight up and had to make excuses, that's why Gil had a grudge against the team US assistants and said he would drop like 100 or something if he played Duke.
              thats messed up. Gil probably will drop 60 on the blazers this year. him with motivation is just scary.
              CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
              JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

USA is raping Brazil. Kobe has completely shut down barbosa.

Where's everyone that's been saying that kobe is nothing but a ball hog?

Comment

84-47.......

Comment

This is not even fun to watch...........96-49

Comment

I didn't get to see the USA vs. Mexico match up, anyone have a breakdown? I don't like how they only won by 27 points and allowed mexico to get to 100 points. this seems like a bad sign of things to come.
                      Last edited by soybean; 08-28-2007, 01:08 AM.

Comment

Bill Walton on commentary makes it worth watching. Oh my god I love Bill Walton.

Comment

They look like they are actually taking competing against the world seriously and I am going to be disappointed if they come back with anything other than gold.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                          WHO DAT!

Comment

Originally posted by soybean View Post
                            I didn't get to see the USA vs. Mexico match up, anyone have a breakdown? I don't like how they only won by 27 points and allowed mexico to get to 100 points. this seems like a bad sign of things to come.
                            See my comment from a week ago when I said a team like Mexico when on because of their style of play can beat USA if they are hot, and Mexico wasn't hot yesterday and the score doesn't really dictate how close it was. First off Mexico is not a good team, although now under Nolan Richardson they have improved by leaps and bounds. They however will not, should not, and aren't expected to finish in the top 5 in this tourny, but still throughout the game Mexico pulled it to around 10 points until the late stages of the game in which US ran away with it, but still Mexico scoring 100 is telling and Argentina who has been plowing through teams just as impressive as America despite missing most of it's stars has a shot against the U.S. What I saw last night was the same defense of old, allowing easy perimeter shots to guys who can make them, and even more telling Mexico not backing down and attacking the united states at the hoop and converting. While the one on one perimeter defense has been excellent, the rotation, help D, and interior D have been poor which is rather surprising. I'd actually like to see more Dwight Howard and Tyson Chandler lineups or Amare and Chandler lineups. Dwight Howard has been a manbeast but has stones as hands, worse hands than Clarence Moore. Amare has been assertive on offense, but needs to put more focus on defense and rebounding, his scoring isn't needed as much as his defense is. Chandler is doing what he is here for rebound, block shots, put backs. Had Mexico made it's shot like Italy, Spain, Argentina, Greece, etc.. are capable of this would have been an interesting game. With that said their depth and leadership of Kidd and Kobe were impressive and I am still expecting them to go undefeated, so it will be interesting to watch tonight's game against Puerto Rico. PR has always posed trouble for the US and routed Brazil yesterday, but the entire tournament they have been poor. I fully expect Arroyo and JJ Barrea to light them up but US should still win. It will be the supporting guys like Ayuso and Carmelo Lee who will determine how close they can get it, also if PJ Ramos is able to score in double figures in the paint we got issues.

Comment

i cant stop laughing when i watch these games

Comment

Originally posted by DChess View Post
                                i cant stop laughing when i watch these games
                                Argentina has been just as impressive so be careful, which is even more telling for next year as Argentina doesn't even have Manu, Fabreeze, or Nocioni.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information