No announcement yet.

College Selection

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question, how heavy do schools rate the SAT's as opposed to grades?

Comment

Originally posted by Man_Of_Steel View Post
      Question, how heavy do schools rate the SAT's as opposed to grades?
      its different for every school... some schools actually rate the ACTs just as high as the SATs
      Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

ACT? Im Canadian and prob gonna go to school in the states so thats why Im not sure on alot of stuff.
        Last edited by Man_Of_Steel; 09-01-2007, 12:58 AM.

Comment

I heard some schools rate the SAT more then grades.

Comment

Right now im at a community college in NY just to start off with the college life and getting my courses that i dont need for major out of the way and ill be transfering. So id better be looking as well. I have wanted to go to Alabama University but i dont know if NYS Credits would transfer over to Alabama.

But I wouldnt sugesst any school around my area because there sports are not the greatest. Espically football aka University of Buffalo. Basketball is alright around here like Niagara and Cansius and UB but the college in my town is terrible and i have no clue about graphic design.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Comment

this may be dumb but i heard the SATs were not required at Alabama... anyone know anything about that?
              Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

Originally posted by mangini for pres View Post
                this may be dumb but i heard the SATs were not required at Alabama... anyone know anything about that?
                Most schools in the south actually prefer the ACT to the SAT because the SATs are supposedly racially biased. Schools weigh test scores like SATs and ACTs highly because grades are basically dependent on your teachers while a standardized test score is just your knowledge

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
                  I heard some schools rate the SAT more then grades.
                  Like UCF. :D

Schools are different, UCF is more SAT while UF is more GPA, I'm sure that's how it is everywhere.

That is correct comahan
                  I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                  <3 dg

Comment

What is the ACT? Im Canadian and prob gonna go to school in the states so thats why Im not sure on alot of stuff.

Comment

What is the ACT? Im Canadian and prob gonna go to school in the states so thats why Im not sure on alot of stuff.
                      It's another standardized test. I never took it so I can't tell you too much about it other than the fact it's supposed to be more specialized in certain subjects than the SAT is

Comment

Originally posted by shavedaeyebrow2 View Post
                        *Good Graphic Design School

http://www.usnews.com/usnews/edu/col...0409_brief.php

Here's a list of all the colleges that offer graphic design as a major

Comment

Originally posted by shavedaeyebrow2 View Post
                          Well, I am entering my Junior year of high school, and I am trying to narrow it down to a few schools I'd be interested in. I want to stay pretty close to home (New Jersey), and I'd be willing to go as far as somewhere like Michigan. I haven't found out what I would like to major in, but Graphic Design is something that really intrigues me. I also wanna go to a school with a good football team or basketball team. Maybe even both! Just asking for your guys help since a majority of you have already gone threw this and may be able to help me out.

Basically....
                          *Closer to NJ the better
                          *Good Football/Basketball Team
                          *Good out of state acceptance rate
                          *Good Graphic Design School
                          *Farthest I'd go is the Midwest. Don't wanna go to the West coast.

Rutgers is the place to go.
                          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I'm in the same boat as you MOS.

We don't have to take all those SAT's and things right? Like if we wnat to go to the states...

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglez.Fan View Post
                              I'm in the same boat as you MOS.

We don't have to take all those SAT's and things right? Like if we wnat to go to the states...
                              i think you have a better chance of getting in to our schools because american schools like to have the international numbers high... so i wouldnt worry about SATs if your grades are good...

Comment

I took the SAT last year and got 1542 or something, Im gonna take them again this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information