Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Florida serial rapist punishment

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,296424,00.html

He gets his nuts removed so he doesn't get life in prison.

Talk about cruel and unusual punishment...

Comment

i knew sarf would be the first one to post in a thread like this

Comment

Originally posted by stillaraiderfan View Post
        zzzziiinngg

stephenson86

Comment

Originally posted by stillaraiderfan View Post
          seriously, the government can't do that can they?

Comment

really? 2 theads in 1 day about people losing their balls? (sooner fans...). i'm impressed.

Comment

Originally posted by soybean View Post
              think it classifies as torture, so no I guess it's not.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
              don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

That is bizarre

Comment

and he's still getting 25 years... **** that, no deal.

Comment

The guy filed a motion requesting that the procedure be done in exchange for a reduced sentence. He's doing it to himself, and I'm glad he is.

Comment

they do chemical castrations all the times.
                      i've never heard of them actually taking the nuts...
                      http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                      For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

Originally posted by duckseason View Post
                        The guy filed a motion requesting that the procedure be done in exchange for a reduced sentence. He's doing it to himself, and I'm glad he is.
                        but still, is the government allowed to agree to it?

Comment

but still, is the government allowed to agree to it?
                          In a word, yes. Judges kill people all the time. Castration is no worse than that. (well, according to some) The judge isn't "sentencing" the guy to a life without balls. He's merely agreeing to lighten the load if the guy goes through with the procedure.

There's a lot of deals that go down in a courtroom. It's common practice for the DA to "trump" up the charges of a defendant. Meaning they'll charge you with much more than they really think you're guilty of. Once they have you crapping your pants with an inflated number of years hanging over your head, they offer you a deal where they'll drop a substantial chunk of the charges in exchange for a guilty plea. This deal also usually includes an enticing reduction in sentence length. The judge will almost always go along with the DA recommendation. The whole idea is to avoid costly and time-consuming trials whenever possible and to maximize conviction rate. This is generally what happens in your average everyday courtroom proceedings. Just a bunch of DA's and defense attorneys giving each other hand jobs while posturing for show.

Comment

Originally posted by duckseason View Post
                            In a word, yes. Judges kill people all the time. Castration is no worse than that. (well, according to some) The judge isn't "sentencing" the guy to a life without balls. He's merely agreeing to lighten the load if the guy goes through with the procedure.

There's a lot of deals that go down in a courtroom. It's common practice for the DA to "trump" up the charges of a defendant. Meaning they'll charge you with much more than they really think you're guilty of. Once they have you crapping your pants with an inflated number of years hanging over your head, they offer you a deal where they'll drop a substantial chunk of the charges in exchange for a guilty plea. This deal also usually includes an enticing reduction in sentence length. The judge will almost always go along with the DA recommendation. The whole idea is to avoid costly and time-consuming trials whenever possible and to maximize conviction rate. This is generally what happens in your average everyday courtroom proceedings. Just a bunch of DA's and defense attorneys giving each other hand jobs while posturing for show.
                            My last 25 cases, 15 have ended with with a deal. As far as the legal limits, it's fine. It's the same as sentencing as ordering someone to have a curfew or attend classes, it's just a hell of a lot more harsh.

Comment

getting castrated is worse than life in prison; once that happens there's no reason to live

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information