Pray for my friend

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freddy G View Post
    I'll tell you right now, his chances are slim.

My sister at an aneurysm rupture, had to have brain surgury, then went through the whole swelling, erratic brain pressures, removed parts of skull ordeal. She died 2 weeks after surgury and was only 20.

So yeah, similar, yet different situations. If he his heart/lungs/liver are ok then his chance greatly improve. But normally with serious head trauma like that, those organs get heavily damaged. That is what did my sister in.

Good luck bro.
    Not necessarily. Just look at Kevin Everett for example. Everyone considered him dead and now he is days/weeks away from possibly walking....My mom went to the hospital for some surgery and her roomate in the recovery room had a brain aneursym and survived without a scratch. The only problem is every 6 months she has to have some surgery to make sure no blood clots form. If the family can afford it try and see if they can transfer him to the Houston Medical Center. Its the largest medical center in the world and anything the hospitals wants they get from the state. There isnt a piece of equipment they dont have. Good luck, I hope he turns out okay.

Comment

thoughts and best wishes

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me

Comment

ahh that sucks, he's in my prayers

not to take away from ur friend, but my HS team's starting ILB's brother got killed Saturday Night, so our tight knit team is also oging through some tragedy

but I hope your friend gets well, I really do
        Gamertag: OnABoat16 (Games: NCAA 10, NHL 10, Tiger Woods 10)

Proud fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
        Somewhat proud fan of the Toronto Blue Jays
        Yes, a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs as well
        A fan of the USF Bulls

Comment

scat, sorry to hear about your friend but keep a close eye on him these next few days. usually with head trauma if they make through the first 3 to 4 days fine then it vastly improves their chances of surviving.

Comment

Theres no new news about him, however his mom did give specifics about what will be going on today and what has happened This is from today
            the website iswww.caringbridge.org/visit/jamalmalone

TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 25, 2007 10:29 AM, CDT
            I wanted to give everyone as I know them. Some of it will be technical and I will not be able to explain exactly what it means, but you'll know what I know

Back to the beginning a bit. Jamal has had a tramatic brain injury and the hspital has a specific therapy program that they will be providing.

Most of you know, Jamal had two surgeries Sunday. The first was when he was admitted and the second was a Craneiotomy. THis procedure removes part of the skull to release pressure from swelling in the brain. The keep the bone frozen and in state as he goes through the treatment process.

As of 9/25, they will continue to keep him sedated and paralyzed for "vent control"(?? not sure of that one) on morphine and ativan at continuous rates.He has an intercranial drain in ventricals. These are drained for pressure 2-3x/hr. THere is a "Licox" brain oxygen monitor. Once I learn all the settings and values, I iwll be able to explain what is good and what causes the doctors to worry. Yesterday he had a CAT scan on his brain and there was still major swelling. (swelling outside of his typical skull cavity). They are continually checking for cerebral hemorages (bleeding of the brain).

For his Cardio, he is on an on/off drip of neosyphrine to keep his blood pressure and mear artirial pressure in the 90's (another def. I don't know yet) to perfuse the brain.

for his puliminary, he is on a ventilator and they control and monitor his CO2. They do this because the CO2 dialates the cerebral arteries causing more pressure (ICP) ??but also brings more oxygen to the brain.

For his Gastrontestinal fucntions, there will be Xrays of his abdomen to determine the feeding tube locations. His feeding tube, which currently is through the mouth has a product like Ensure at 20cc/hr. They check his blood suger every 6hrs and they want to keep it low (lowers the risk of infection). Later this week, he will have a tracheotomy for breathing in his throat and a Gasto and Jejeurosity tubes placed through his stomach for feeding. These two methods are more preferred but he must be able to lie flat. And right now since they are still watching swelling and brain hemorraging, he is in a bed that rotates and is slight reclined for draining.

Later there willl be additional Xrays.
            Last edited by Green Bay Scat; 09-25-2007, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Make sure you tell us when he gets better.

I'm still praying for him

Originally Posted by scottyboy
              my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
              But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

my thoughts and best wishes for your friend jamal

Comment

I'm not religious, so no prayers from me, but I hope your friend will be okay.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                  don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

I hope he recovers.

Comment

All the best to your friend and a speedy recovery.

That said, there's no reason to ask help from an invisible man.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                      On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                      Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

Why does it matter that they are Samoan?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by BrentN View Post
                          Why does it matter that they are Samoan?
                          it doesn't they just were.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

Why post this in the first place?

Comment

Originally posted by 255979119 View Post
                              Why respond to this in the second place?

Comment

Originally posted by 255979119 View Post
                                actually he posted in the 'off-topic' but nvm.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information