No announcement yet.

College Students

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that it takes a lot of determination to actually go to college. the feeling you first have of freedom is quite overwhelming. you realize that you don't really have to do anything you don't want to do and there will be a lot A LOT you don't want to do. you learn self-control and discipline. you learn that life sucks. you will learn how easy you had it back at your parents house. you will learn to appreciate what you had. and you will hopefully also learn how to actually be good inbetween the sheets.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by Hawk View Post
      What did you learn about yourself in college?
      I'm learning that I don't know what I want to do with my life at this point.
      R.I.P. L.E.F.
      "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
        I'm learning that I don't know what I want to do with my life at this point.
        I graduated and I still don't know what to do with my life.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
        WHO DAT!

Comment

that shammings are the best thing in life

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
            Worst thing is, I can't be sure, but I'm faily sure I saw a woman DRIVING A CAR! Freaky stuff.
            And people WONDER why gasoline costs so much.. it's cuz the people selling the stuff know, KNOW, that women drivers are going to scare everyone off the roads in a matter of months. It's inevitable, really.

On topic, I learned that my belief that I am, in fact, far more intelligent and skilled than basically everyone else is TRUE.

And.. that's not a joke.

When being a fanboi goes too far.

Comment

The biggest thing I'm learning so far in my first month even on a juco level where I go to a small little satellite campus closer to me, is that, you have to be a self starter. Nobody's making special time for you to get assignments done, and sometimes you really don't wanna do them. I've done two papers during Monday Night Football so far this season and that sucks. Now I'm glad we recently got a dish and dvr so I can catch up, but there's nothing like watching it live. Some assignments you have to plan when to do them, kinda develop times when you can do them, and study effectively. Instead of high school where you got a few worksheets that could be done any time. So far time wise it's much easier. The time frames of classes and assignments may inconvenience you, but total time it's easier. I guess it depends on difficulty and number of classes though. I used to be so tired after sitting through a boring day of high school but I could still do a lot of other stuff. So while it might not be what you prefer in scheduling, it's less time consuming if you do it right. You learn a lot more in a smaller amount of time and the material kind of hits you, and you have to be very independent and mature from I guess a "task completing" standpoint.
              I remember: Sean Taylor

Bosanac01

Comment

It is a lot harder then you think it will be, a lot more work than high school. I thought Ole Miss was not going to be a lot of work, well, it is. Don't get behind in your work. I am a freshman and that could have ****** me over, I started about 2 weeks late now I am still catching up.
                Last edited by Don Vito; 09-26-2007, 02:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by fenikz View Post
                  that shammings are the best thing in life
                  Shammings or Shaming's?

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                  WHO DAT!

Comment

That I'm smarter than everyone.

Just kidding...I already knew that.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Thanks to the people who actually posted some insightful things, I'm making a survey so I'll be using some of your thoughts as my poll options.

Comment

you have to actually study

FULL INBOX +REP TO SEND MESSAGE.....

Comment

I always used to think differently when people said you can do anything you want if you work hard, damn, I was wrong. I really learned this more than anything, sometimes it was the hard way.

Comment

I went to UVA and damnit the classes were hard, I had no study skills so that hut me a lot.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                            http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                            Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                            http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Originally posted by Hawk View Post
                              Thanks to the people who actually posted some insightful things, I'm making a survey so I'll be using some of your thoughts as my poll options.
                              Sorry dude, I've only been in College (or at least the European equivalent) for a few weeks, so I couldn't help myself.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                              don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

ive learned you dont really know your friends until you live with them.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information