***new Official Boxing Thread***

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ChezPower4 View Post
    Agreed, But you've got to hand it to Vera though. He's one though son-of-*****! He took punishment fot 10 half rounds straight and was still going strong. Paulie kept clinching like a puss, the first round made me think the fight was going to be real good one but then not so much.
    paulie is exempt from ever being called a ***** because of the whooping he took vs Cotto.
    When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob S View Post
      paulie is exempt from ever being called a ***** because of the whooping he took vs Cotto.
      Did you watch him fight Hatton?

Comment

• So, thoughts on tonight's big match?

I'm rooting for Pacquiao tonight, but I have a feeling De La Hoya wins it. People really seem to be big on Oscar, given his size and reach advantage, other than Teddy Atlas on ESPN who tore into him instead and thinks Manny will win.
        Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

• De La Hoya to win it inside 12 rounds. Price is also 11/4 for all those gamblers out there. ;)

Comment

• Pacquiao is a beast, but i hope De la Hoya destroys him with his power advantage, for beating up on all my favorite boxers. :(

Comment

• To be honest, I don't mind the De La Hoya - Pacquiao fight so much aslong as Amir Kahn gets knocked the **** out.

Comment

• Originally posted by UK_Cheesehead View Post
                To be honest, I don't mind the De La Hoya - Pacquiao fight so much aslong as Amir Kahn gets knocked the **** out.
                Pacquiao FTW!

Comment

• I haven't been on here in a while but I'm gettin done wit finals next week so I'll probably be on here every day for a while. Anyways, here are my thoughts on the last few weeks of boxing:

1) Chad Dawson is a beast. He's the only person right now that has a shot at beating Calzaghe at 168-175. His win over Dawson was beautiful. He's got a lil bit less natural athleticism than Roy Jones, but he is so much more fundamentally sound. I think he will be the next big thing in boxing.

2) Paul Williams is the future. Him and Dawson will one day be atop the p4p rankings. He will fight anybody and everybody (especially at 147) wants nothing to do with him. Yes, that even includes my boy Floyd. Margarito ducked him for a fight against an old Shane Mosley...and for 2 million less than he would've made against Williams. Cotto wants no part of him....De la Hoya looks like he's bout to **** himself whenever Williams' name is mentioned...I don't even think Pavlik can keep up with him.

3) Retire Roy

4) Jermain Taylor still sucks. When two fighters that suck fight, somebody has to win. This was the case in Taylor/Lacy. Jermain can collect a few more checks but he'll never have another significant win in his career.

5) I'm excited for De la Hoya/Pacquiao. Not only do I think it'll be a good scrap, I also like any fight where I get calls from my friends asking about it. I'm saying this b/c none of them are boxing fans and I've already gotten like 5 calls asking if I'm ordering the fight.

6) Chris Arreola...not a fan.

7) Hatton looked better agains Malignaggi. It wasn't a boring fight, in my opinion. I enjoyed it. Hatton vs. Pacquiao would be fun at 140 for however it lasted.
                  When you reach the upper level, your mind body and soul must be one.

Comment

• I agree with alot of the things that you said but I don't see how you can say that Taylor is a bad fighter. If I remember correctly he's the only guy to be Hopkins twice. Althought it doesn't make sense that Taylor got his ass beat twice by Pavlik and then Hopkins dominates Pavlik.

Comment

• He got a gift decision in the first fight and everybody knows that Hopkins was weight drained at 160. That's why he has such a good run when he moved up to 175. The only time I really thought Jermain looked good was in the beginning of the first Pavlik fight. If Jermain and B-Hop fought right now B-Hop would own his soul.

Comment

• Originally posted by SugarSean View Post
                        He got a gift decision in the first fight and everybody knows that Hopkins was weight drained at 160. That's why he has such a good run when he moved up to 175. The only time I really thought Jermain looked good was in the beginning of the first Pavlik fight. If Jermain and B-Hop fought right now B-Hop would own his soul.
                        I think it would be a good fight, if Hopkins fights like he did agaist Pavlik i think he'd win. If Hopkins fights like did against Calzaghe he loses again to Taylor.

Comment

• Wow. Manny's a beast. He can fight at any weight. Bring on Vlad.

Comment

• De La Hoya just got ****** up.

Comment

• So there's no confusion, my last post wasn't sarcasm at all. Of course manny can't go up to heavyweight but I do think that he could be very, very good against almost any welterweight. People like Rob and a few others know that I'm a huge Mayweather fan but I think he'd have to fight the fight of his life to beat Manny. Granted, he always comes wit a gameplan and he's def head and shoulders better than Oscar, I think he and Manny would be the fight I always dreamed of. I think think Manny would own Margarito, destroy Shane and probably beat Floyd. I don't think he could touch Williams. And due to styles, I think I'd like Cotto against Manny better than any of em (minus Williams).

And yes i'm drunk.

Comment

• would love to see mayweather-pacquiao

top 2 pound 4 pound fighters

get a decent undercard, or since it's boxing, a semi-decent one

would sell pretty good

cred 2 BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information