Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bantx View Post
    im not saying i dont like it or dont im just not gonna drink
    Alright, I'm not going to argue with you about what you think you're going to do in the future. Just know that as a 17-year old you really don't know what you're going to want to do in the future.

Comment

8 shots? Holy crap. I wouldn't do that crap before a concert. Glad to hear your OK, though.

BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Moses View Post
        How do you know you had alcohol poisoning then? I was always under the assumption that if you had alcohol poisoning, you had to have your stomach pumped or you would die/be hurt permanently. I went to the hospital once, got an IV, and was observed, but it wasn't alcohol poisoning.
        I've had alcohol poisoning without going to hospital before. Moving resulted in vomit. I didn't drink for months.

I don't really get why the OP or his friend felt it was necessary to drink that much before a concert. A few shots before a show can be a ton to fun, but 8 shots of strong alcohol, especially when you're not an experienced drinker, seems like a stupendously bad idea.

Comment

I don't get this at all, when the body induces that much alcohol that fast isn't the natural reaction to throw it back up at a pretty good rate of knots after which you feel much better? I've never been hospitalised or anything from drinking (although i am a regular 2-4 times a week reasonably heavy drinker, most of which is done in environments similar to the one described, clubs, concerts, music festivals etc.) but from my experience a quick chunder sess and you're good to go. I personally blame the popularity of light beer in your country for the alcohol poisoning phenom.

Comment

i pissed on my mini fridge on saturday

Comment

You should have told the pig this, "I have not yet begun to defile myself."

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
              they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
              Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

some thoughts.

-if i am going to a concert that i paid good money for, i am not gonna F it up by getting hammered. being crammed into a space with sweaty bodies is not where i want to be when i'm drunk.

-i think i have a different definition of power hour. power hour= a shot of beer every minute for an hour. it equals about 7 cans of beer and will mess you ass up.

-8 shots in an hour doesn't seem like too much.

-when i was 18 (beginning of my freshman year of college) i swore i would never drink. said it 'wasn't me' lasted about 3 months. beer rules.

Comment

Originally posted by drowe View Post
                  some thoughts.

-if i am going to a concert that i paid good money for, i am not gonna F it up by getting hammered. being crammed into a space with sweaty bodies is not where i want to be when i'm drunk.

-i think i have a different definition of power hour. power hour= a shot of beer every minute for an hour. it equals about 7 cans of beer and will mess you ass up.

-8 shots in an hour doesn't seem like too much.

-when i was 18 (beginning of my freshman year of college) i swore i would never drink. said it 'wasn't me' lasted about 3 months. beer rules.
                  I agree with your power hour definition... and it is a great time..

You don't seem like the kind of guy who would wait until he was 18 to start boozing. And by that, you sound like a bit of lush..ha. I almost wish I had waited until I was a little older I started when I was in middle school.

BY the wait Dchess I pissed in the middle of San Marcos square three weeks ago, I got ya beat.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                  they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                  Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
                    I agree with your power hour definition... and it is a great time..

You don't seem like the kind of guy who would wait until he was 18 to start boozing. And by that, you sound like a bit of lush..ha. I almost wish I had waited until I was a little older I started when I was in middle school.

BY the wait Dchess I pissed in the middle of San Marcos square three weeks ago, I got ya beat.
                    hah, yeah, my friends from high school never drank, so i just figured i'd stay away from the booze in college too. but, curiosity got the best of me after a semester, and after some peer pressure from chick i really wanted to nail, i tried it. didn't even really like it that much, so i didn't drink for my second time until St. Patrick's Day of my Freshman year....and THAT was a fun time. after that college got crazy.

but, while i probably coulda been defined as a lush in college, that is far from the truth now. I LOVE good beer (part of my Wisconsin Pride), but I am rarely ever drunk. I have 3 or 4 beers on many occasions, but it's been good long time since my last all out bender. having an 8 month pregnant wife doesn't really hurt with that either.

Comment

hah, yeah, my friends from high school never drank, so i just figured i'd stay away from the booze in college too. but, curiosity got the best of me after a semester, and after some peer pressure from chick i really wanted to nail, i tried it. didn't even really like it that much, so i didn't drink for my second time until St. Patrick's Day of my Freshman year....and THAT was a fun time. after that college got crazy.

but, while i probably coulda been defined as a lush in college, that is far from the truth now. I LOVE good beer (part of my Wisconsin Pride), but I am rarely ever drunk. I have 3 or 4 beers on many occasions, but it's been good long time since my last all out bender. having an 8 month pregnant wife doesn't really hurt with that either.
                      Did you nail her?

Or are you not allowed to answer

stephenson86

Comment

Originally posted by JF4 View Post
                        Did you nail her?

Or are you not allowed to answer
                        married her.
                        :)

Comment

married her.
                          :)
                          BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

I love hearing stories of beer bringing people together. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Moses View Post
                            BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

I love hearing stories of beer bringing people together. :)
                            yeah, didn't happen right away...almost..then we went home for winter break and it fizzled. wasn't until about 2 years later that we started dating...and that was on spring break...so, still beer related.

Comment

Ok timeout...

A) We took 8 shots in an hour (actually they were 1 1/2 shot glasses)

B) I had nothing to eat all day long

C) I am a lightweight with alcohol

D) I think I also had Tylenol in my system for my messed up leg

E) I was pretty much forced to go the hospital. It was either that or jail, so I chose the emergency room.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                              Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

And I could stand up on my feet and function. It wasn't like I was passed out and unconscious. Yes I was completely trashed but I wasn't going to die.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                                Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information