New Car... decision to be made

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
    Do not get a lease. It is pointless and stupid.

Also, don't sell out and buy a foreign car.

I bought a 2008 Ford Fusion last month. It's an awesome car. I would recommend it to anyone.

Actually, the majority of 'foreign' as in Japanese cars are made in the US. Whereas the majority of Ford and GM vehicles are made in Mexico. You could make the argument that the domestic car market was 'sold out' years ago and that you should buy Toyota or Honda now.

Designs by Thule

Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
    I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.

Comment

Originally posted by LSUALUM99 View Post
      Actually, the majority of 'foreign' as in Japanese cars are made in the US. Whereas the majority of Ford and GM vehicles are made in Mexico. You could make the argument that the domestic car market was 'sold out' years ago and that you should buy Toyota or Honda now.
      Depends on your reasoning for buying domestic. All profits from domestic manufacturers are going into the U.S. economy whereas foreign manufacturers are taking the profits back to their respective countries. If you want to help the U.S. economy, buying from domestically-owned manufacturers is definitely the route to take.

Comment

i also think it's ridiculous that parents lease cars for their kids. there's no investment in it. and unless they need another car to lease in a few years (or would rather buy a car after a teenager abused it for 2-3 years), it's a completely ridiculous idea.

so. my opinion on cars?

hah. i drive the honda prelude i got when i was 19. (which for all you counting, was 8 years ago). it has 207k miles on it. it runs fine. which is fantastic. i bought it new... best car i've ever bought. ha, it's the only car i've ever bought. it was either that or buy a mazda miata...

i still sort of regret that decision.

now, your plight? i don't know what's not to like about the rx8... but, assume this, you can get a fully loaded ford fusion (with all sorts of gizmos and gadgets) for the same price you would a more bare bones lancer. i like gizmos and gadgets. big speakers... not that i look for cars, i'm just overhearing what my younger sister said about her car buying fiascos lately (as she's wrapped her second car around lightpost (neither of which her were fault either)).... i also completely concur with kevin. check out the VW's (in the house), they're tight suspension, big little cars. if you wanna be awesome, just go with a Golf TDI. 60+mpg and enough power to kick your ass in there (especially with the cetane boosts as of late). if you feel like being a little girlier, of course, you could go with the jetta. but, even a man can drive a black jetta.
        http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
        For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

Civic Hybrid. 40 mpg city and 45 mpg hwy

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Moses View Post
            Depends on your reasoning for buying domestic. All profits from domestic manufacturers are going into the U.S. economy whereas foreign manufacturers are taking the profits back to their respective countries. If you want to help the U.S. economy, buying from domestically-owned manufacturers is definitely the route to take.
            Precisely. I don't give a damn where the car was made. I care about which country makes the profit.
            R.I.P. L.E.F.
            "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

Precisely. I don't give a damn where the car was made. I care about which country makes the profit.
              Really, it makes little to no difference.

Japanese auto makers have prided themselves on setting up auto plants within US borders with US Union workers, paying them competitive salaries and giving them a stable work enviornment. The result is, greater purchasing power and income for US workers. On the flip side, US automakers have outsourced much of their work to countries like Mexico, thus sending the money out of the US to give Mexican citizens greater purchasing power.

Again, to flip it, profits from the sales of automobiles go to overseas corporations when buying a foreign car, whereas the profits go into the culvers of US companies when buying a domestic car. However, those profits are then reinvested within the company to make their processes more efficient, ultimately sending that money back to Mexico for reinvestment in production (for US automakers) or back to the US for reinvestment in production (for foreign, espcially Japanese automakers).

So yes, buying US cars is nice because at least then those profits are more taxable then the profits of a foreign automaker, however the money made in tarrif protection from imports as well as the taxes required from the sales of foreign cars here also goes to the US government.

Really, go with what you enjoy the most. Because you're leasing and not too concerned with a long lasting car, you can go just about anyway. Toyota has been given rave reviews because your dollar goes the farthest in terms of quality, gadgets and realiability.

Comment

If you're in High School, don't lease. Hell I didn't even have a car until i graduated college.

Comment

i don't care about the country who makes/markets it. I'd buy a car made in Northern Pakistan if it could get a 5 star crash safety rating and get good gas mileage

Comment

Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
                    i don't care about the country who makes/markets it. I'd buy a car made in Northern Pakistan if it could get a 5 star crash safety rating and get good gas mileage
                    Both those things can be found on American made cars . . .
                    R.I.P. L.E.F.
                    "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

You should really look at Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep now because they are the only company offering a LIFETIME powertrain Warranty. That alone is making me lean towards buying one of their cars in the near future. However thank god for today's copycat marketing because odds are the other major car companies will follow suit shortly

Comment

get a mazda 6.

Comment

Originally posted by Moses View Post
                          That's a nice car. I love Bentley's.

Dream Car:

Nice. My Dream Car is a Cadillac DTS/Deville.

Right Now I have a Ponitac Aztek and we havent had any problems with that.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Comment

My dream car is a fully restored VW Bus

Comment

Comment

My dream car :D

#MoncriefArmy

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information