Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Car... decision to be made

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • New Car... decision to be made

    I'm getting a new car. My mom is looking to lease and we're looking at cars like 20k to like 25k... Right now she is thinking the Mistubishi Lancer ES.

    http://www.globalmitsubishi.com/New-...oryId=21052067

    any ideas?



    Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

  • #2
    Right off the bat, a lease is a really bad idea unless you know you aren't goin to drive very often. Most lease agreements have low monthly payments but they have yearly mileage caps around 12,000 miles a year. Once you go over that amount you end up paying like .10 for every mile you go over. 12,000 miles sounds like a lot but it sneaks up on you quickly, especially if you have to commute more than 20 miles to work

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
      Right off the bat, a lease is a really bad idea unless you know you aren't goin to drive very often. Most lease agreements have low monthly payments but they have yearly mileage caps around 12,000 miles a year. Once you go over that amount you end up paying like .10 for every mile you go over. 12,000 miles sounds like a lot but it sneaks up on you quickly, especially if you have to commute more than 20 miles to work
      they want to lease it... im not arguing with them about deals because i'm just happy...
      Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

      Comment


      • #4
        tsk tsk, get a job and buy a junker.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by TimDris View Post
          they want to lease it... im not arguing with them about deals because i'm just happy...
          ok. It all really depends on what you're looking for. personally I like the Volkswagen Rabbit and it has low lease payments right now at no more than 175 a month(at least thats advertised in CA)

          Comment


          • #6
            Do not get a lease. It is pointless and stupid.

            Also, don't sell out and buy a foreign car.

            I bought a 2008 Ford Fusion last month. It's an awesome car. I would recommend it to anyone.
            R.I.P. L.E.F.
            "I am the one who knocks!"

            Comment


            • #7
              My mom is looking for the same thing. 20-25k sedan, comfortable, stylish. Right now we are leaning towards camry or mazda 6 both 07. I personally like the mazda.
              Originally posted by STARHEATHER
              the only hot actreeses are adult
              Originally posted by A Perfect Score
              players intsimy latieres are sutpdi. the players areat all unituw/ o dpmt ebem aer about wat the lpater aare calling themeslves of whatever, terhera will Its sutpid/ neever be anothe said playerm. rscj p;syhyrt uniyeee, snf rhyrtrgotr, each player autntiwue for each syste,. /
              Alcohol+Draft Forum= Fneuniest timez evverzzz

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Primetime21 View Post
                My mom is looking for the same thing. 20-25k sedan, comfortable, stylish. Right now we are leaning towards camry or mazda 6 both 07. I personally like the mazda.
                i drove the mazda and it feels too small... i also drove the mazda rx... we went to the mazda dealership and looked at them.. i dont like how they drive
                Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

                Comment


                • #9
                  Leasing? Probably one of the worst financial decisions you could make. Buy used.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    leasing actually isn't a bad option if you intend on getting a new vehicle every couple years.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by SubNoize View Post
                      leasing actually isn't a bad option if you intend on getting a new vehicle every couple years.
                      Getting a new vechile every couple years is idiotic unless you can actually afford it. Cars are a money sink, especially if you're constantly getting new ones.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Moses View Post
                        Getting a new vechile every couple years is idiotic unless you can actually afford it. Cars are a money sink, especially if you're constantly getting new ones.
                        true, I own 2 of my vehicles, but I do have one leased vehicle that I just got 3 weeks ago. I decided that I wanted a Bentley and I got into a 5 year lease at 1,675 a month. It's def. worth it though, I love this car.



                        By the way, you cand find good lease options to get into from craig's list, that's what I did, assumed someone lelse's lease, this way there's no money down needed.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by SubNoize View Post
                          true, I own 2 of my vehicles, but I do have one leased vehicle that I just got 3 weeks ago. I decided that I wanted a Bentley and I got into a 5 year lease at 1,675 a month. It's def. worth it though, I love this car.



                          By the way, you cand find good lease options to get into from craig's list, that's what I did, assumed someone lelse's lease, this way there's no money down needed.
                          That's a nice car. I love Bentley's.

                          Dream Car:

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Moses View Post
                            That's a nice car. I love Bentley's.

                            Dream Car:

                            Mine's an 05 GT Continental. It's soo bad ass, I used to think my mustang was balls, but this thing kills it. Sad thing is though, I only have a little more than 2 years on the lease, and unless I find another I gotta give this bad boy up...

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              two words. dont lease......

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information