The Food Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
    Starbucks FTL. That i don't understand. The fascination for paying 4 bucks for a coffee.
    If I liked coffee, I would never buy starbucks. But, the reason their prices are so high is because they pay more to be environmentally friendly and to subsidize poorer farming in other countries that grow their beans. So, rather than just getting cheap beans from anywhere, they pay more to make sure the process is eco-friendly, that the beans don't have any harmful chemicals in them, and they help struggling agricultural economies. It seems like a bad business plan, but it's obviously working.

Still won't go to them though.

Comment

• Originally posted by awfullyquiet View Post
      work pays for it. i drink it. in copious quantities.

but. i'm not one of those snobby em-effers who needs to go to starbucks. eff that.
      I guess that's one of the reasons why i have resented Starbucks. So many people "OMGz, i lyke totally need to go get a mocha frapp before i go to clazz".

There's so so many of them.

Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
      If I liked coffee, I would never buy starbucks. But, the reason their prices are so high is because they pay more to be environmentally friendly and to subsidize poorer farming in other countries that grow their beans. So, rather than just getting cheap beans from anywhere, they pay more to make sure the process is eco-friendly, that the beans don't have any harmful chemicals in them, and they help struggling agricultural economies. It seems like a bad business plan, but it's obviously working.

Still won't go to them though.
      Or that the fact that it has become so popular drives up the demand for it, and they have absolutely no incentive whatsoever to lower prices. Wait till some new innovation comes out where you can make Starbucks-esque coffee at home, people catch on, and see if they still go the extra mile to use harmless beans.

Comment

• Coffee is the shiznit. I drink decaff all day just for the taste and bowel movements.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
        they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
        Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

• Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
          Coffee is the shiznit. I drink decaff all day just for the taste and bowel movements.
          Lol, is that scientifically proven? I always tell my brother that i feel like taking a dukie after i drink a lot of coffee.

Comment

Lol, is that scientifically proven? I always tell my brother that i feel like taking a dukie after i drink a lot of coffee.
            I'm not sure what it is. Maybe it has fiber in it or something? I know it makes me poop and fart like a madman.

Drinking a pot of coffee the morning after a long night of drinking is disaster for the porcelain throne.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
            they get smoked.

Comment

Coffee and Cigarettes will both cause someone to poop sooner

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
                Coffee and Cigarettes will both cause someone to poop sooner
                Yeah, i know cigarettes do. I've proven that theory countless times.

Comment

• Smokeless tobacco ( Cope) makes you poop much worse than cigs. Its instantaneous.

they get smoked.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                    If you do have time and a coffee maker than it isnt an extra expense at all.
                    My roommate drinks way too much coffee, so much so that he bought a coffee maker and an espresso machine.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

I guess that's one of the reasons why i have resented Starbucks. So many people "OMGz, i lyke totally need to go get a mocha frapp before i go to clazz".

There's so so many of them.
                      they need an extra bowel movement or two in their day.

Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
                      Or that the fact that it has become so popular drives up the demand for it, and they have absolutely no incentive whatsoever to lower prices. Wait till some new innovation comes out where you can make Starbucks-esque coffee at home, people catch on, and see if they still go the extra mile to use harmless beans.
                      they have those. people buy them. they sell them for 800 dollars. ish.
                      http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                      For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

• Originally posted by awfullyquiet View Post
                        they need an extra bowel movement or two in their day
                        That's probably more from all the freaking dairy creamer they put in there. What's funny is that those drinks end up with like 400-500 calories for an 8 ounce cup.

By the way, Jamba Juice/Smoothie Factory/Smoothie King/Orange Julius fans? There is a Smoothie Factory about a block from here that I have a bunch of free smoothie coupons for. And my friend works at Jamba and hooks me up on occasion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                          That's probably more from all the freaking dairy creamer they put in there. What's funny is that those drinks end up with like 400-500 calories for an 8 ounce cup.

By the way, Jamba Juice/Smoothie Factory/Smoothie King/Orange Julius fans? There is a Smoothie Factory about a block from here that I have a bunch of free smoothie coupons for. And my friend works at Jamba and hooks me up on occasion.
                          There's one at school, don't know the name but it's one of the middle two. Never had any of them, although i see a ton of people with their damn little cups. Add that to the list of things i've never saw a fascination with. Are they any good?

Comment

Are they any good?
                            Fruit smoothies? They're okay. I think of it as more a treat than something to consume regularly. It's best to make your own.

Comment

• I get a fruit smoothie at a little coffee shop up the street occasionally. They make em right in front of you with real fruit n everything so they are actually somewhat healthy.

Sometimes at movies I'll get a couple of those mini liquor bottles n put a few of em in a big smoothie from the smoothie king they have. This old dancing azn dude is ALWAYS working there n its pretty funny.

^A Bonekrusher production^
                              Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

• So i'm drinking coffee, and i think i might have to go post in the fecal thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information