Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Saints 4 Lyfe View Post
    LOLZ

The guy jumped in a pit of tar just to show people like YOU how to get out just in case you fell in.

Yeah, in the desert, stranded, eventually you'll have to drink your own piss. People don't drink their own piss for no reason, figured if you watched enough you'd know that. even the almighty Les. Bear knows more just from his special training.

I don't get how people don't know this.

Bears show is strictly to show you how to survive and stay on the move to find civilization, that's it. Les just shows how to stay in one spot and survive. being by yourself with no camera crew doesnt make it "more realistic". The stuff Bear does he can't do with just a camera by himself, he needs a crew.
    YOU DON'T DRINK YOUR OWN URINE. You evaporate it to take out the toxins your body has already released.

Half of Les's show is movement. He just doesn't jump in rushing waters to "Get down the river faster." Bear shows you to inflate your shirt or whatever, and then while hes going down the river he is wearing a life vest. So the suggestion he just had made was false because he needs a vest after saying all you need to do is have a shirt inflated. He does stuff that is dangerous but exciting. In a survival situation the last thing you would want to do is get sweaty or wet. In the night time you will get sick and possible pneumonia. Because he cuts out large animals as if he's Luke Skywalker to live inside is not mean he is 'smarter'.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

• Originally posted by dabears10 View Post
      YOU DON'T DRINK YOUR OWN URINE.
      You evaporate it to take out the toxins your body has already released.
      so you can find time you evamporate your piss? seemed to me he was busy dehidrating in the sahara ******* dessert

Half of Les's show is movement.
      very debatable.

Bear shows you to inflate your shirt or whatever, and then while hes going down the river he is wearing a life vest.
      i'd appreciate a link please.

He does stuff that is dangerous but exciting.
      which makes for an exciting show nonetheless no? after all he has to teach something but discovery cares about ratings.

In a survival situation the last thing you would want to do is get sweaty or wet.
      which is why he takes his cloths off and lets them dry. or before he goes in water just wears a jacket and puts his shirt inside his bag.

In the night time you will get sick and possible pneumonia.
      i think a british special forces guy knows this.

Because he cuts out large animals as if he's Luke Skywalker to live inside is not mean he is 'smarter'.
      actually, it kind of does.

Comment

• Bear goes out of his way to put himself in situations that people MAY get into for educational and entertainment purposes. Les just does his thing.
        Originally posted by njx9
        i mean, why wouldn't the broncos take cam newton? they can play him at quarterback WITH tebow!

Comment

so you can find time you evamporate your piss? seemed to me he was busy dehidrating in the sahara ******* dessert

very debatable.

i'd appreciate a link please.

which makes for an exciting show nonetheless no? after all he has to teach something but discovery cares about ratings.

which is why he takes his cloths off and lets them dry. or before he goes in water just wears a jacket and puts his shirt inside his bag.

i think a british special forces guy knows this.

actually, it kind of does.
          Well, there is this. http://www.nypost.com/seven/07242007...don_kaplan.htm

And the video in which showed this has mysteriously been removed, but I'm going to continue looking.

Comment

• Man vs. Wild is a joke give me Survivorman the only Man vs. Wild episode worth watching is when Will Ferrell was on.
            Last edited by Splat; 08-26-2009, 11:50 AM.

Comment

• I don't have a link, but it's a known fact that Bear wore a life vest during that segment and if you watch the video and can't tell, you are blind.

Bear has also had a crew come get him and take him to a hotel overnight, while on the show insinuating that he had spent the night out in the wilderness.

Yea, Bear teaches you **** you need to know, but he also blatantly misrepresents what he is doing as surviving without assistance, much like what Les does.

Comment

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
                I don't have a link, but it's a known fact that Bear wore a life vest during that segment and if you watch the video and can't tell, you are blind.

Bear has also had a crew come get him and take him to a hotel overnight, while on the show insinuating that he had spent the night out in the wilderness.

Yea, Bear teaches you **** you need to know, but he also blatantly misrepresents what he is doing as surviving without assistance, much like what Les does.
                Have you watched it lately? He doesn't misrepresent ****. You can see him talk to his camera man sometimes.

Originally posted by Chucky View Post
                Bear cheats. He is a phony. What Les Stroud does is real. He is actually alone.
                It's tv for 1. And also, the **** he does is so much more dangerous than Les. I give props to Les for being alone, but hes is just so damn boring. Bear is a lot more entertaining, and a lot more badass.

Originally posted by Saints 4 Lyfe View Post
                Bears show is strictly to show you how to survive and stay on the move to find civilization, that's it. Les just shows how to stay in one spot and survive. being by yourself with no camera crew doesnt make it "more realistic". The stuff Bear does he can't do with just a camera by himself, he needs a crew.
                The truth right there.
                Last edited by nrk; 08-26-2009, 01:30 PM.

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post

yeah theres no big disclaimer at the beginning of his show.

Comment

yeah theres no big disclaimer at the beginning of his show.
                    Yes, there is a disclaimer before Man v. Wild.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by nrk View Post
                      Have you watched it lately? He doesn't misrepresent ****. You can see him talk to his camera man sometimes.
                      Yea, because he ******* got caught and called out like a year ago, and there was a huge fallout from it.

Seriously, have you never heard about how he cheated?

I'm not saying Bear isn't helpful or that the things he does aren't dangerous or whatever, I was just saying that up until he got caught he was presenting himself as doing all these things without any assistance, as if he was alone, all the while he would actually get help or use something that you don't have available in those situations.

Comment

• IDK if I were in a situation of being stranded, I would rather try to find civilization then just survive for a week and hope for the best. Right now in that department Bear > Les

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                        Show me your Wang, if you will.

Comment

• Originally posted by aNYtitan View Post
                          IDK if I were in a situation of being stranded, I would rather try to find civilization then just survive for a week and hope for the best. Right now in that department Bear > Les
                          Have you ever watched the show. Because in most survivorman's Les travels to some sort of access point(civilization)

Comment

• Originally posted by aNYtitan View Post
                            IDK if I were in a situation of being stranded, I would rather try to find civilization then just survive for a week and hope for the best. Right now in that department Bear > Les
                            Well the best way to get rescued is find a place with high visibility to the sky and make the biggest, smokiest fire you can.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chucky View Post
                              Have you ever watched the show. Because in most survivorman's Les travels to some sort of access point(civilization)
                              No not at all, I haven't really watched either show. But someone stated earlier that Les tries to survive for 7 days while Bear tries to move and find some sort of help.

Comment

• Originally posted by dabears10 View Post
                                Well the best way to get rescued is find a place with high visibility to the sky and make the biggest, smokiest fire you can.
                                Thats still like, alright lets hope someone sees this. That doesn't seem proactive at all, its just like lets wait and hope someone sees this.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information