Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Television Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by fischbowl View Post
    So since I'm the only one who still watches it, needless to say I'm unimpressed with the changes brought about on SNL. First off, I'm saddened to see Casey Wilson go and especially saddened at the departure of Michaela Watkins, whose character Angie Tempura was a favourite of mine. I don't know what is in store for Wilson, however, Watkins earned a starring role on The New Adventures of Old Christine. Anyways, Lorne countered with the hirings of two UCB alums, Nasim Pedrad and Jenny Slate. Time will tell what will come from these hirings, however Slate has already caused some bad press dropping the F-Bomb during the Biker skit Saturday. Apparently she will not be fired for this major **** up.

    Despite this mess, SNL still remains relevant due to the recent popularity of some cast members. Andy Samberg, along with writer friends Akiva Schaffer and Jorma Taccone, and their patented digital shorts has established SNL as a major player in the internet viral video. Also in their fifth seasons, Bill Hader and Kristen Wiig have become major names in comedy with hilarious supporting roles in Apatowian comedies such as Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Superbad, Adventureland, and Knocked Up. However, as these cast members become more powerful in a sense, we are beginning to see the decline of the show's top veterans, mainly Darrell Hammond, Fred Armisen, and Will Forte, who was almost fired a few years ago and was smartly retained.

    Abby Elliott is also a hard body, despite being the daughter of Dom Woganowski......
    It was ******* terrible on Saturday.


    RIP TheManInBlack

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
      It was ******* terrible on Saturday.
      I know I watched the whole ordeal. Megan Fox shouldn't be hosting either. And as much as U2 pisses me off, to do 3 songs? Seriously?



      <+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

      Comment


      • Originally posted by fischbowl View Post
        So develop more characters for her! You could've had another Wiig on your hands in two years!
        You're going to not like me but I think Wiig is terrible. Everyone loves her and I really don't get it. She makes the same face in every scene and I just want to punch her. Samberg, Hader, and Forte are my favorites by far.
        #Chop


        sig by BoneKrusher

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
          You're going to not like me but I think Wiig is terrible. Everyone loves her and I really don't get it. She makes the same face in every scene and I just want to punch her. Samberg, Hader, and Forte are my favorites by far.
          She carried the female roles on the show pretty much single handedly when Tina Fey and Amy Poehler left. That alone is a tough job to handle. Sure many of her characters are the smarmy type but she fits them perfectly. The face I could without, I agree with that notion



          <+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

          Comment


          • Originally posted by fischbowl View Post
            She carried the female roles on the show pretty much single handedly when Tina Fey and Amy Poehler left. That alone is a tough job to handle. Sure many of her characters are the smarmy type but she fits them perfectly. The face I could without, I agree with that notion
            I actually think she has talent but SNL doesn't use her right. I hate her on the show so much even though I do like SNL. She's much better in movies.
            #Chop


            sig by BoneKrusher

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
              I actually think she has talent but SNL doesn't use her right. I hate her on the show so much even though I do like SNL. She's much better in movies.
              Totally agreed, her roles in Knocked Up and FSM were hilarious



              <+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

              Comment


              • Originally posted by fischbowl View Post
                Totally agreed, her roles in Knocked Up and FSM were hilarious
                Yes exactly. Target Woman needs to be shot.
                #Chop


                sig by BoneKrusher

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                  Yes exactly. Target Woman needs to be shot.
                  Gillie can be saved though



                  <+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by fischbowl View Post
                    So since I'm the only one who still watches it, needless to say I'm unimpressed with the changes brought about on SNL. First off, I'm saddened to see Casey Wilson go and especially saddened at the departure of Michaela Watkins, whose character Angie Tempura was a favourite of mine. I don't know what is in store for Wilson, however, Watkins earned a starring role on The New Adventures of Old Christine. Anyways, Lorne countered with the hirings of two UCB alums, Nasim Pedrad and Jenny Slate. Time will tell what will come from these hirings, however Slate has already caused some bad press dropping the F-Bomb during the Biker skit Saturday. Apparently she will not be fired for this major **** up.

                    Despite this mess, SNL still remains relevant due to the recent popularity of some cast members. Andy Samberg, along with writer friends Akiva Schaffer and Jorma Taccone, and their patented digital shorts has established SNL as a major player in the internet viral video. Also in their fifth seasons, Bill Hader and Kristen Wiig have become major names in comedy with hilarious supporting roles in Apatowian comedies such as Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Superbad, Adventureland, and Knocked Up. However, as these cast members become more powerful in a sense, we are beginning to see the decline of the show's top veterans, mainly Darrell Hammond, Fred Armisen, and Will Forte, who was almost fired a few years ago and was smartly retained.

                    Abby Elliott is also a hard body, despite being the daughter of Dom Woganowski......
                    Darrell Hammond will never be unfunny.

                    Comment


                    • tonight i get my first glimpse of Glee. and i love Modern Family. i think it's great.

                      Comment


                      • This show is kinda a mix of Jericho and The 4400.

                        Comment


                        • Can anyone update me on what happend last night on FF?

                          I don't feel like watching it on hulu...

                          BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by JFLO View Post
                            Can anyone update me on what happend last night on FF?

                            I don't feel like watching it on hulu...
                            They will re air it tonight at 7c time on ABC.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Splat View Post
                              They will re air it tonight at 7c time.
                              I have to work...

                              BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

                              Comment


                              • So Flash Forward is a great idea and really reels you in. Too bad this show is produced in America and having one amazing season isn't a possibility. As long as people are still watching they will keep making new episodes, regardless if they are out of good ideas.

                                I wish this could have been a mini series, or even a movie. Just 1 season is what Flash Forward really needs.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information