No announcement yet.

Television Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glee is awful. Can I now join this conversation of hate?
    The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• The Godfather is on all day on AMC. Badass.
      The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• Originally posted by nrk View Post
        I hate musicals. I have based that on every musical I have ever seen. I didn't find it to be funny at all, I didn't even realize it was suppose to be a comedy for a while. I thought it had a terrible script, and terrible acting as well. Why should I watch it again?

Sorry if I offended you by expressing my opinion on a television show. No reason to get personal by calling me a douche.
        Nah, that's cool by me. I enjoy musicals personally, so it's likely the reason why I enjoy Glee.

You didn't offend me my expressing your opinion, and although I quoted you I was directing the douche comment more towards APS as he tends to state his opinion as if it's fact more than anything else.

Although I do find it kind of funny how you've discovered all these things about Glee after one episode. At least I can agree to disagree with APS because he realizes a TV shows pilot and opening episodes often leave something to be desired.

So again, to sum it up, people will not always like similar shows (duh), but if you're going to tell me it's dumb at least have watched a few shows to validiate that.
        (shameless self-promotion)
        Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
        https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• Originally posted by nrk View Post
          I hate musicals. I have based that on every musical I have ever seen. I didn't find it to be funny at all, I didn't even realize it was suppose to be a comedy for a while. I thought it had a terrible script, and terrible acting as well. Why should I watch it again?

Sorry if I offended you by expressing my opinion on a television show. No reason to get personal by calling me a douche.
          The sad thing is, I dont hate musicals and I still think its awful.

Originally posted by Forenci View Post
          Nah, that's cool by me. I enjoy musicals personally, so it's likely the reason why I enjoy Glee.

You didn't offend me my expressing your opinion, and although I quoted you I was directing the douche comment more towards APS as he tends to state his opinion as if it's fact more than anything else.

Although I do find it kind of funny how you've discovered all these things about Glee after one episode. At least I can agree to disagree with APS because he realizes a TV shows pilot and opening episodes often leave something to be desired.

So again, to sum it up, people will not always like similar shows (duh), but if you're going to tell me it's dumb at least have watched a few shows to validiate that.
          Pffft, you are the one who is the douche. I gave the show a fair chance, it was just awful haha. As bad as it is to say, I watch some pretty mediocre TV at times, but Glee was something I could just not watch. I still think that one kid is a ripoff of Oz from American Pie!

And to be honest, this is an internet forum for discussion. Like it or not, people are gunna bash your show. In this case it just happens to be deservedly so.
          Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
          The APS is strong in this one.
          Originally posted by killxswitch
          Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Forenci View Post

Yeah I realize that pilots are often lackluster. That would apply here, if the pilot was the episode I saw. It wasn't. I saw the 4th episode (had to watch it with a friend). I find the characters dull and unfunny, the script lame, and the singing unbearable. Are you insecure about liking this show or are just desperate for other people to like it? I know when I'm not going to like something, and this show has the ingredients for everything I hate.
            Last edited by nrk; 11-26-2009, 12:11 PM.

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

• Someone must have peed in Forenci's vitamin water at drama club this week.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                The sad thing is, I dont hate musicals and I still think its awful.

Pffft, you are the one who is the douche. I gave the show a fair chance, it was just awful haha. As bad as it is to say, I watch some pretty mediocre TV at times, but Glee was something I could just not watch. I still think that one kid is a ripoff of Oz from American Pie!

And to be honest, this is an internet forum for discussion. Like it or not, people are gunna bash your show. In this case it just happens to be deservedly so.
                how is he a ripoff of American Pie?
                i mean as if Oz was the first ever sports guy going into singing? there is nothing else they have in common really.

Comment

• Originally posted by badgerbacker View Post
                  Glee is great. Sue Sylvester is freaking hilarious.
                  But really, she's the only reason to watch that show, the rest of it is pretty lame. I've watched entirely too many episodes of that show just because of her.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
                  JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                  Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                  Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                  Originally posted by JBCX
                  Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

• Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
                    how is he a ripoff of American Pie?
                    i mean as if Oz was the first ever sports guy going into singing? there is nothing else they have in common really.
                    Chris Klein is a terrible actor so that's an insult to the current character.

Unseen, I just picked up Fringe S1 from Amazon for random sale so if it sucks I will whoop your ass.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• I was going to mention that one...I saw they were selling Fringe and Mad Men seasons really cheap.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                      KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                        Unseen, I just picked up Fringe S1 from Amazon for random sale so if it sucks I will whoop your ass.
                        trust me homeslice

by BoneKrusher
                        <DG> how metal unseen
                        <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                          Chris Klein is a terrible actor so that's an insult to the current character.

i mean if you look at it how APS is looking at it, its also a ripoff of say, Dead Poets society. There are teachers involved trying to get some poetry or art going in young teachers. RIPOFF

Comment

• Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
                            i mean if you look at it how APS is looking at it, its also a ripoff of say, Dead Poets society. There are teachers involved trying to get some poetry or art going in young teachers. RIPOFF
                            You are a moron. Obviously things draw influence from other things. However, in this case, both were stereotypical jocks who abandon those stereotypes to join a somewhat effeminate group (Choir in American Pie, Glee Club in Glee) and along the way, prove that they were never really jocks in the first place, but are just really sensitive guys who wanna sing. Christ, they even look alike.

But no, there are no similarities there whatsoever.
                            Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                            The APS is strong in this one.
                            Originally posted by killxswitch
                            Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• He's never been a typical jock and as opposed to Oz in American Pie, he didn't join because he wanted to bang a chick, he joined because he has a serious passion for singing and honestly believes he could get a scholarship from it.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• They better quit all this love story **** on House. It was better when they focused on the Dabalah case, but they could only milk that for so long. Someone else needs to die.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information