No announcement yet.

Television Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I watched the first episode of Dexter. 50 minute episodes are ridiculous. It took me about 3 days to finish it (cause I have been actually doing things this break. I would go through it more quickly during the school year).

It is definitely intriguing.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
      I watched the first episode of Dexter. 50 minute episodes are ridiculous. It took me about 3 days to finish it (cause I have been actually doing things this break. I would go through it more quickly during the school year).

It is definitely intriguing.
      I know people who complained the first few episodes were a little slow. Trust me, once it gets into the swing of things, you wont be able to stop watching.
      Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
      The APS is strong in this one.
      Originally posted by killxswitch
      Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• I posted this in the "The Office" thread, but I figured I'd put it here too. News is the SAG may go on strike, delaying all Spring seasons. The vote is coming up soon, so nothing is set in stone.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
          I know people who complained the first few episodes were a little slow. Trust me, once it gets into the swing of things, you wont be able to stop watching.
          Half the reason I am watching this is because you said it was your favorite show, over AD. To think that someone would like this show over Arrested Development was so absurd that I figured that even if it wasn't better, it would still be very good.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
            Dexter season finale was alright. I liked the third season, but I am curious as to where they will take the 4th season. I know they are signed up for a 4th and 5th season, so we will have to see. But overall, it was a good season, and I enjoyed it. Didnt quite keep me enthralled like the first two, but still, I love the show.

and Californication had a great end too. Really enjoyed it, third season should be awesome.
            I think they've made it clear that at least one of the main story lines next season will be Deb getting closer and closer to finding out what Dexter is. She'll eventually make the connection between Harry and Laura, Laura and Brian, Brian and Dexter, and from there, who knows?
            Last edited by Boston; 12-20-2008, 01:25 AM.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

• I'm not sure if it's only me but the character Gregory House seems to be too similar to Dr. Cox.Though I have only seen about 4 episode of House so maybe I'm wrong?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hitman D View Post
                I'm not sure if it's only me but the character Gregory House seems to be too similar to Dr. Cox.Though I have only seen about 4 episode of House so maybe I'm wrong?
                I am big fan of each show and no I don't think so. House and Dr. Cox are egomaniacs but House is much more clever, more conniving, and just a fuller character. That's because he is really in a drama. House> Dr. Cox. I think they came around the same year too so its not a copying type situation.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

• Originally posted by dabears10 View Post
                  I am big fan of each show and no I don't think so. House and Dr. Cox are egomaniacs but House is much more clever, more conniving, and just a fuller character. That's because he is really in a drama. House> Dr. Cox. I think they came around the same year too so its not a copying type situation.
                  Scrubs came out in '01
                  House came out in '04

Comment

• Originally posted by dabears10 View Post
                    Chuck is one of my favorite shows now. It is simply enjoyable to watch. Like you said there is nothing that will be mind blowing but it is funny and all the characters are enjoyable, especially captain awesome.
                    i love chuck
                    its just a very enjoyable show to watch
                    and sarah walker is very good looking... just gotta fix her teeth

Go Ravens!

Comment

• Has anyone watched the show "Whose Line is it Anyway?" Its a really funny show if you ask me. Here is one of the games they play.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=4vhy55...eature=related

Comment

• Originally posted by kalbears13 View Post
                        Scrubs came out in '01
                        House came out in '04

I'm a fan of both. Dr. Cox adds so much to Scrubs in more ways than just a few laughs. He's a semi-alcoholic/egomaniac but is a good guy on the whole.

House though is brilliant. The show I mean, the actor plays him so well and the writers have come up with some great story lines.

Anyways, I just got season 1 and 2 of It's Always Sunny in Philly along with Season 3 and 4 of The Office ---->>> Add that to my Arrested Development collection, and YIKES I think it's time for a couple marathon's. Being on break from school for a month I can think of nothing I want to do more than Veg.

Comment

• Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
                          Has anyone watched the show "Whose Line is it Anyway?" Its a really funny show if you ask me. Here is one of the games they play.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=4vhy55...eature=related
                          Back when that show was coming out with new episodes, I can admit to bursting out into tears occasionally...hilarious (with Drew Carrey)

Comment

• I have decided that Friday Night Lights is probably one of the best, if not the best show on TV. I own season one, and two and have been watching them over the break, and then watching season 3 online....just an awesome show. I had always had Heroes at #1, but FNL is just so good.

Originally posted by BeansDooma
                            who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

Comment

• Originally posted by bearfan View Post
                              I have decided that Friday Night Lights is probably one of the best, if not the best show on TV. I own season one, and two and have been watching them over the break, and then watching season 3 online....just an awesome show. I had always had Heroes at #1, but FNL is just so good.
                              There are many shows which are much better then Friday Night Lights on TV, trust me...

On that note, I have been re-watching Six Feet Under from the beginning, and it is without doubt the best overall show I have ever watched. Its dark, gripping, hilarious, and incredibly acted. Michael C Hall fans should watch it to see Dexter before he was Dexter, and the other actors in the show are all fantastic. Maybe its just me because its my kind of show, dark comedy, but I can honestly say its the best show I have ever watched.
                              Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                              The APS is strong in this one.
                              Originally posted by killxswitch
                              Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• I bought the first 3 seasons of X-Files which I haven't seen in a while and can't stop watching it. Any other X-File fans?

Also this Jan. is going to be awesome. New Scrubs and Lost!

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information