If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
2) Six Feet Under
3) Battlestar Galactica
4) Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia
5) Veronica Mars
9) Arrested Development
12) The Sopranos
13) The Wire
15) How I Met Your Mother
17) The Office
18) Party Down
19) True Blood
20) That 70's Show
Some of these started before 2000, but I tried to pick ones with a basis in the decade. I probably forgot one or two as well. I excluded Band of Brothers because its a miniseries, and Mad Men because I havent seen it all the way through as of yet.
I don't know if I can make a top 20 list of the decade, because for most of the past ten years I didn't watch very much tv. With that said, Six Feet Under and Dexter are my top two. Californication is up there in the top ten. I like House a lot but I haven't loved any episodes of the last three seasons aside from "Wilson's Heart" and "Broken." Nip/Tuck probably deserves a mention, although it is probably only up there because there are a handful of shows I haven't seen. Criminal Minds is a guilty pleasure of mine.
I don't know if I can name 20 from the 2000s but I guess I'll try and name my top shows of the decade......
- The Office
- The Colbert Report
- The Daily Show
- Chappelle's Show
- That 70s Show
- Reno 911!
- Malcolm in the Middle
- Real World/Roadrules Challenges
Those are the only shows I can think of that I've watched fairly consistently from the 2000s.
Let's do this. My personal top 10, although I must admit I haven't seen some of the more revered shows like Sons of Anarchy, the Wire, etc. One day.
1. Veronica Mars: Best characters/story/humor/acting on television during it's run. Seasons 2 and 3 were not the magic of the first, but honestly what could be? The perfect season long murder mystery. Kristin Bell is not just a pretty face either. Or hot body. Moving on...
2. Angel: More mature, better storylines, and each season IMO was stronger than the next.
3. Buffy: Yah it's buffy. Even the nosedive the later seasons took can't derail it for me.
4. IASIP: Holy hell I've never laughed like this at a TV show.
5. Lost: Mmmmhmm enough has been said but ridiculously amazing show.
6. The West Wing: The gold standard for compelling television.
7. Arrested Development: Okay maybe I have laughed like this at a TV show before.
8. South Park: Reigning cartoon champion.
9. Six Feet Under: Oh Fishers. You lovely ****** up Fishers.
10. Jeopardy: Yeaaah you know it suckas. Trebek 4 lyfe.