Television Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Whistler6 View Post
    Brandon Routh has joined the cast for 8 episodes. Apparently he is going to be competition for Chuck with Sarah. Didn't they kind of do that plot already? The whole jealousy deal.
    They did, but really if they are going to go with Sarah and Chuck as just friends with the feelings for eachother, they need to introduce a 3rd party. Since basically they already did the thing with Bryce and Sarah, I felt they should have introduced a new girl for Chuck. It would be easier since Chuck is used to keeping his secret from people, hasn't really been done exactly, and would basically flip the jealousy thing to where it shows Sarah wants Chuck.

However, they chose to go with another agent for Sarah to get involved with (I'm guessing) because Sarah can't really "date" a normal person. It was already done, so I'm not sure why they chose to redo it.

Comment

• Mickey Rourke at the Globes last night:

"What are your thoughts on how the late night situation will shake out?"
      -Reporter

"I really couldn't give a ****."
      -Mickey Rourke

True story.

Comment

• Im all caught up on Chuck (excluding tonight's episode) and while I had two very large qualms with the second season, it was superior to the first. I actually quite enjoy the show, and while its primarily Yvonne and Jayne Cobb, I did find myself addicted to the 2nd season. That said, I do hope they either end or distinguish the romantic tension between Chuck and Sarah, because, as the IRC people know, it seems like the last 2 minutes of every episode exists solely for Chuck to be rejected. I really feel like they either need to make it happen or close the book on it altogether.

That said, its a highly enjoyable show and Im glad vidae recommended it to me.
        Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
        The APS is strong in this one.
        Originally posted by killxswitch
        Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• It's no secret that Chuck is my favorite show and has been for a while. My major selling point: you tune in for an hour and have fun, you enjoy yourself and you have a few laughs along the way.

As for the "Charah" thing, I guess I'm in the minority here but I like the tension and the will they or won't they. Levi and Strahovski have excellent chemistry and play well off of each other and it's a joy to watch. No matter what happens or what obstacles they bring to stand in their way I still find myself rooting for them to finally take the last step and make it real. Every episode.

I know that may sound a tad corny, but whatevs!

Originally posted by fenikz
          His soft D really turns me off
          ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• I never said Levi and Strahovski dont have great chemisty: I actually believe they have a great rapport and I enjoy the interaction between the two. That said, as we talked about on IRC, I felt they introduced the romantic element too soon and have dragged it on far too long with no actual resolution in sight.

That said, when that dynamic wasnt present in the first 2 episodes of season 3, the show was INCREDIBLY awkward and much less impressive. So either they are sleeping together or wanting to. thats how I feel. This other option simply does not bode well for the show in general.
            Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
            The APS is strong in this one.
            Originally posted by killxswitch
            Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• I don't know, I think they're balancing it out pretty well right now. If they don't have a resolution sometime this season it will turn a lot of people off though. They know what they're doing but I don't see how it could continue through another entire season without some kind of resolution.

As for the sleeping together or wanting to, it's clear they both want to and it's clear they both have those feelings. Just need Fedak/Schwartz to put them together finally.

Ah well, I'll be watching no matter what.

Comment

• I think they should kill the tension between Chuck and Sarah for maybe a full season and then address it next year. The Office season 3 kind of did that, and with little bits here and there of Jim and Pam "will they won't they" kept people tuning in to find out.

The only problem I'd have is if they base every season around the jealousy and temptation because that can get stale quick. That said though, I love the show and this season has started off really solid. I'm a big fan of the lethal Chuck who is still kind of a dope.

Comment

• I'm just about done with season two of Psych and the more I watch it the more I like it.

I know I won't get caught up by the time it starts up again but I can't wait so I'm just going to start watching the new ones.

Comment

I think they should kill the tension between Chuck and Sarah for maybe a full season and then address it next year. The Office season 3 kind of did that, and with little bits here and there of Jim and Pam "will they won't they" kept people tuning in to find out.

The only problem I'd have is if they base every season around the jealousy and temptation because that can get stale quick. That said though, I love the show and this season has started off really solid. I'm a big fan of the lethal Chuck who is still kind of a dope.
                    It might not be back for another season and I can speak for a lot of Chuck fans when I say that if it isn't resolved, and this is the last season we get, I'll be extremely disappointed.

Comment

• I'm with vidae in that I think the awkward tension is good for the show. However, I too believe that for the 3rd season both Chuck and Sarah need to start seeing someone else, or at least Chuck does, and their "relationship" should be put on the back burner so that other plots can develop.

But like vidae said, no one knows if this will be the final season or not. So, I think the writers are scared that they won't get to do some things, and are kinda cramming it in to the season. If this season does extremely well, and NBC gives them a greenlight for more than one more season, then I think they'd be comfortable expanding the storylines.

Comment

• The overnights were "okay" for Chuck last night. In the 18-49 demo it did a 2.6, which was down a bit from the averaged 2.8 it got last week, and it had just under 7 million viewers.

Normally I'd be a little worried with those numbers but considering the garbage that NBC has been turned into I'm not. Compare the 2.6/7mil to Heroes (1.8 and under 4 million viewers) and you've got WONDERFUL ratings, especially against some tough competition.

I really think Chuck would do a whole lot better in a different time slot (maybe Sunday nights) but we'll see.
                        Last edited by vidae; 01-19-2010, 12:53 PM.

Comment

• I'd be shocked if Chuck was canceled and another network didn't pick up the show. It gets too good of reviews to simply dissappear completely...Although I guess it wouldn't be the 1st time a critically acclaimed show was dropped forever.

Comment

I'd be shocked if Chuck was canceled and another network didn't pick up the show. It gets too good of reviews to simply dissappear completely...Although I guess it wouldn't be the 1st time a critically acclaimed show was dropped forever.
                            Yeah, that isn't an uncommon story unfortunately. That's the downside to these "cult favorite" shows.. no one watches them. You have a very small but VERY loyal fan base but that doesn't make money.

I don't think Chuck will be canceled, mainly because of how terrible NBC is overall. It's one of the highest rated shows on the network now, which is no surprise.

Comment

• Seriously, Heroes is on season 4 now (right?). If they can keep Heroes after season 2, Chuck should get another 5.

I just really wish they wouldn't do a season by season evaluation to determine if it's staying. I believe it's what is holding the writer's back from taking risks and doing different things.

Comment

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
                                Seriously, Heroes is on season 4 now (right?). If they can keep Heroes after season 2, Chuck should get another 5.

I just really wish they wouldn't do a season by season evaluation to determine if it's staying. I believe it's what is holding the writer's back from taking risks and doing different things.
                                Chuck is pulling in roughly 1 million more viewers so far this season than Heroes, so Chuck atleast shouldn't be on the chopping block as of now. I'm confident the fan base will build and keep it around for a few years...The only downside is right now it's going up against How I Met Your Mother and House, which are both growing their fan bases as well..

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information