No announcement yet.

Television Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also i heard under the agreement he's not allowed to trash NBC for the remainder of his time on air :-(

NEW YORK – NBC said Thursday it has reached a $45 million deal with Conan O'Brien for his exit from the "Tonight" show, allowing Jay Leno to return to the late-night program he hosted for 17 years.

Under the deal, which came seven months after O'Brien took the reins from Leno, O'Brien will get more than $33 million, NBC said. The rest will go to his 200-strong staff in severance, the network said in an announcement on the "Today" show.

His final show will be Friday, with Tom Hanks scheduled to appear as well as Will Ferrell — the first guest O'Brien welcomed as "Tonight" host last June — and musical guest Neil Young.

Leno will return to "Tonight" on March 1.

"In the end, Conan was appreciative of the steps NBC made to take care of his staff and crew, and decided to supplement the severance they were getting out of his own pocket," his manager, Gavin Polone, told The Wall Street Journal. "Now he just wants to get back on the air as quickly as possible."

O'Brien will be free to begin another TV job as soon as September, NBC said. There has been speculation on where he might go next. ABC (which airs "Nightline" and "Jimmy Kimmel Live!") has said it wasn't interested, while Fox, which lacks a network late-night show, expressed appreciation for his show — but nothing more. Comedy Central has also been mentioned.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100121/...v_leno_o_brien

Comment

• WOW poor Conan (but he is getting 45 million). And jesus christ Jay move on already, leave Conan alone. This makes me mad, I really hope Conan gets a new show quickly. But god now do I hate Jay Leno and will refuse to watch the Tonight Show. Team Conan! I wonder what David Letterman is thinking.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kramer View Post
        WOW poor Conan (but he is getting 45 million). And jesus christ Jay move on already, leave Conan alone. This makes me mad, I really hope Conan gets a new show quickly. But god now do I hate Jay Leno and will refuse to watch the Tonight Show. Team Conan! I wonder what David Letterman is thinking.
        Were you living under a rock or in a coma the past 2 weeks?

Comment

• Always wanted to read The Walking Dead.

This will be a welcome alternative, since I doubt I'd ever actually buy them.

Comment

• Coco to HBO for awesome times 5 days a week and pure vulgarity!

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• These are all the names Shawn has given Gus over the years on Psych.

Bighead Burton
              Fingers
              Homeskillet
              Big Baby Burton
              Blackstar
              Magic Head
              Peter Panic
              Gus T.T. Showbiz
              Ovaltine Jenkins
              Chocolate Columbo
              Schoonie "U-Turn" Singleton
              Bud (from "The Cosby Show")
              Nick Nack
              Bruton Gaster
              Lavender Gooms
              Lemongrass Gogulope
              Squirts MacIntosh
              Galileo Humpkins
              Gus "Silly-Pants" Jackson
              Shmuel Cohen
              Methuselah Honeysuckle
              Shutterfly Simmons
              Paddy Simcox
              Chesterfield McMillan
              Felicia Fancybottom
              Tan
              Longbranch Pennywhistle

Comment

• Magic Head... :)

Comment

• Longbranch Pennywhistle and Ovaltine Jenkins have to be my favorites.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                    Coco to HBO for awesome times 5 days a week and pure vulgarity!
                    How about Conan to AMC!

Comment

• Everyone knows Conan to Fox is the best.

Comment

• Human Target was good again. It's a solid show, and it had that hottie from Dexter on it, so it wins.

Originally posted by fenikz
                        His soft D really turns me off
                        ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• Lookin forward to Burn Notice tonight. Love that show.
                          And next week is Psych so I am pretty much set with those 2 and NCIS

bonekrusher
                          The Twitters
                          themaninblack

Comment

• Burn Notice tonight and Psych next week! SO EXCITED!

And I loved the episode with "Black and Tan", the models.

"Holy crap, it's you! Sorry for the mix-up, Tan."

"I beg your pardon? My name is Black. His name is Tan. I can't believe you just made that assumption. You should be ashamed of yourself and your family."

Originally posted by fenikz
                            His soft D really turns me off
                            ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• Originally posted by vidae View Post
                              Burn Notice tonight and Psych next week! SO EXCITED!

And I loved the episode with "Black and Tan", the models.

"Holy crap, it's you! Sorry for the mix-up, Tan."

"I beg your pardon? My name is Black. His name is Tan. I can't believe you just made that assumption. You should be ashamed of yourself and your family."
                              I think Psych has some of the best one-liners on tv today.
                              They play so well off of each other its perfect.
                              Has to be one of the most underrated shows. I love watching them
                              rip on those who critique the show or copy it.

"Hey what are you entertainment weekly?"

bonekrusher
                              The Twitters
                              themaninblack

Comment

• For you fans of both wrestling and "Psych" Shawn and Gus will be hosting Monday Night Raw this week should be epic.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information