Television Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
    I thought that show was terrible. I would take Seinfeld over that any day of the week.
    I don't consider Arrested Development terrible, but I wouldn't put it in my top comedy list. I'd take Sanford and Son and Seinfeld over it, along with quite a few other shows.

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

• Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
      I thought that show was terrible. I would take Seinfeld over that any day of the week.
      YOU'RE TERRIBLE!!!

:( I ******* love Arrested Development. I have seen every episode countless amounts of times and every time I still find the show hilarious. So many great bits but off the top of my head how can any show top a black hand puppet named Franklin who raps about racial inequalities or Tobias and his cat like reflexes. Arrested Development in my eyes is as near to perfect as a television comedy can be. Both it and Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia I find consistently hilarious and both shows are so good that even really funny episodes get scrutinized for not being funny enough.

Comment

• It's a billion times better than Seinfeld as it was always funny and didn't start horribly or end horribly like Seinfeld did. Plus, Seinfeld at its funniest never was nearly as funny nor did it feature even remotely close to the writing or acting that AD had.

AD is light years ahead of Seinfeld. Hell, so is Curb Your Enthusiasm.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
          It's a billion times better than Seinfeld as it was always funny and didn't start horribly or end horribly like Seinfeld did. Plus, Seinfeld at its funniest never was nearly as funny nor did it feature even remotely close to the writing or acting that AD had.

I really enjoy Seinfeld but I agree that Curb is better and funnier. Larry David is a really ******* funny guy.

Comment

• Arrested Development is a top 3 sitcom for me as well. **** I love that show. GOB is one of the funniest characters in TV history, and some of the guest appearances from big name stars are hilarious.
            Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
            The APS is strong in this one.
            Originally posted by killxswitch
            Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• List some shows that ended to soon. :(

I'm talking shows that only had two or three seasons or even the dreaded one season...

Veronica Mars

Jericho

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles
              Last edited by Splat; 04-09-2010, 10:30 PM.

Comment

Modern comedies are a ****ton better than past television comedies.
                Growing up, I loved Full House and Family Matter. Now I can't even stand to watch a minute of either.

Once cancelled show that I find pretty funny is Everybody Hates Chris. Nothing spectacular, but good for an occasional cheap laugh when nothing new is on.

Comment

It's a billion times better than Seinfeld as it was always funny and didn't start horribly or end horribly like Seinfeld did. Plus, Seinfeld at its funniest never was nearly as funny nor did it feature even remotely close to the writing or acting that AD had.

Now if you said CYE was the best tv comedy of all time, then I'd have to agree with you. Larry David is the man. The situations he gets in are hysterically awkward.

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

• Originally posted by Splat View Post
                    List some shows that ended to soon. :(

I'm talking shows that only had two and three seasons or even the dreaded one season...

In no order.

Veronica Mars

Jericho

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles
                    Firefly

Freaks and Geeks

Undeclared

Clerks: The Animated Series

Dirty Sexy Money (I blame the writers strike)

The Black Donnellys (could have been a great show given time)

I am sure I am missing some.

EDIT: Best ******* one of them all, Arrested Development.

Comment

• Harvey Birdman :(

bonekrusher
                      The Twitters
                      themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by Splat View Post
                        List some shows that ended too soon.
                        My So-Called Life
                        Upright Citizen's Brigade
                        Firefly
                        Sports Night
                        Freaks and Geeks
                        Greg the Bunny
                        Flight of the Conchords
                        Harvey Birdman

I'll have more later

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• I'll add Newsradio with Phil Hartman to the list. I loved that show. Phil Hartman was brilliant.
                          "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• Twin Peaks goddammit. The series finale has so many goddamn cliffhangers that it makes me want to punch a baby because of the lack of resolution.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by djp View Post
                              I'll add Newsradio with Phil Hartman to the list. I loved that show. Phil Hartman was brilliant.
                              Very true. Very true.
                              He goes up as one of the very sad stories. He wasn't a druggie or anything. Just was in an unfortunate relationship with a druggie *****.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phil_Hartman

He was underrated for all his talents.

bonekrusher
                              The Twitters
                              themaninblack

Comment

• Bringing up Hartman makes me really sad and I don't appreciate that.

Leonardo Leonardo......great character or GREATEST character?

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information