• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post
    Santa Muerte who?

Comment

• Originally posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post
      Santa Muerte who?
      I was gonna bring that up also, at least we didn't have to find out.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
      12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao

Comment

• LOL, I forgot about that mess. They didn't even tie it up. They probably figured it was such a bad plot that it wasn't even worth finishing.
        Just play me, baby

Comment

• Originally posted by nepg View Post

Comment

• Dexter is like 24 in a way with the way it goes from season to season, but Dexters finales (sans 4) are significantly less ballsy. Because of the less ballsy-ness, ALL of Dexters finales are insanely predictable (again, sans 4).

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• I think the finales have been pretty good. Season 1 was perfect, some people could see it coming but still really good. Season 2 was really entertaining and shocking with Doakes' death, although I wish Dexter would have epically killed him. I guess he didn't fit the code although Doakes was kind of shady with those killings, o well.

4 was epic, I'll definitely give you 3.

Steddy Ambition!

Comment

• I actually liked the finale. I thought it told a good story, predictable or not. Thats one of my big gripes with writing a lot of times, is that theyll discard wrapping up a story just to throw a huge swerve in there to shock people. Do too much of that, and itll really cheapen when you do it the next time you try and pull off something similar. I think the s4 finale sticks out as such a fantastic moment because its one of the only true 'holy ****' moments in the series. Thats just my view, though.

Granted, I did think the way that Deb found them was a bit of a cop out.

Comment

• edit: Why are you guys spoiler tagging something from 3 years ago?
                  **** her in da *****!

Comment

• Originally posted by descendency View Post

edit: Why are you guys spoiler tagging something from 3 years ago?
                    Because as of just a few pages ago, someone mentioned that theyre watching the early parts of the series. Courtesy, and such.

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckNaked View Post
                      Watched the entire season of Walking Dead these past two days. The first two episodes were extraordinary, but after that it let down a little bit in comparison. Nevertheless, still a very good series.
                      I liked the first 4. 5 and 6 were disappointing though.

Comment

• I thought the Dexter finale was good. I'm not going to go into super spoilery mode, but I thought it was solid.

It's nowhere near as good as the season 4 finale, but it'll be hard to top that.

As for the show itself, it probably won't ever be as good as it was in seasons 1 or 2. The writers don't take enough chances anymore. A few things will pretty much NEVER happen because of it, but it is a solid show. I used to think it was the best show on TV, and it was for two seasons (and some can argue in season 4 as well) but it's kinda meh.
                        Last edited by vidae; 12-13-2010, 11:50 AM.

Originally posted by fenikz
                        His soft D really turns me off
                        ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• Originally posted by descendency View Post

edit: Why are you guys spoiler tagging something from 3 years ago?
                          This was the best season to you, even at one point? Are you high? Can I have some?

Steddy Ambition!

Comment

• Dexter Season 5 lame conclusion

Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                            Dexter is like 24 in a way with the way it goes from season to season, but Dexters finales (sans 4) are significantly less ballsy. Because of the less ballsy-ness, ALL of Dexters finales are insanely predictable (again, sans 4).
                            This & fenikz' analysis of the lame ending are true. Seemed to me that they were writing it around the end of Julia Stiles' contract, or Johnny Lee Miller's contract, for a final episode, the Jordan Chase dispatching & the Barrel Girls case wrapup was pretty routine although they did give us a suspenseful buildup to Dexter & Lumen as a happily ever after couple with her exhilaration, blond hair blowing & smiling while riding on the bow of the Slice of Life coming back from the body dump.

The twist was the disappointment we felt for Dexter at his rejection, & a semi-twist you could say with Quinn looking about 90% a goner, like Sgt. Doakes who also suspected Dexter as a serial vigilante, in the cell made for Priddy's murder, we see Debra showing obvious affection there she hadn't planned (remember, she said she wasn't "looking for love" when Quinn gave her that jackhammer-love 1st mating) in the jail cell & later at the b'day party. The group gathering/positive party ending with couples coming together was consistent with Season 3's conclusion at the wedding with Rita.

It was Dexter's monologue at the end that was worrisome to me, like maybe there wouldn't be a Season 6, I remembered that they all knew Michael Hall was battling cancer at the time,which he has since beaten, but maybe they didnt know that at the time.

I was hoping they would keep Peter Weller as Priddy around for awhile, he was a wonderful character as a crooked narc with his sleazy lifestyle & Ft. Worth twangy accent.

Kudos to Johnny Lee Miller & Julia Stiles for their guest performances -- Stiles has shown an incredible arc of growing talent with what she brings to roles since 10 Things I Hate About You in 1999 opposite the late Heath Ledger in the classic Kate as a high schooler role in the Taming of the Shrew rework. That name Lumen Pierce echoes through Dexter's monologues -- Lumen as the Light opposite Dexter's Dark Passenger as noted here earlier, Pierce is what she did with her knife, some damn good writing in Season 5.

Comment

• Originally posted by fenikz
                              His soft D really turns me off
                              ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• It was just announced recently that it was picked up for season 6, so im fairly sure they had no idea if it was coming back after that ep, so they sort of rushed for an ending that they wanted without the pieces completely being there.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information