Television Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
    I liked Community and Parks. I heard the laugh track on Whitney and immediately changed it. They had me for about 30 seconds.
    Was it louder than a regular laugh track? I don't watch many shows with laugh tracks anymore, but I still watch a lot of old reruns with laugh tracks and it never seems that noticeable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
      Was it louder than a regular laugh track? I don't watch many shows with laugh tracks anymore, but I still watch a lot of old reruns with laugh tracks and it never seems that noticeable.
      I'm not sure what they did to it but as you said it was very noticeable. Seinfeld is the only show that ever worked with a laugh track.
      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
        I'm not sure what they did to it but as you said it was very noticeable. Seinfeld is the only show that ever worked with a laugh track.
        That's not true either. All the comedies back then had them. Cheers, Friends, Frasier, etc. I watch How I Met Your Mother from time to time and I think that has one too but you can't tell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
          That's not true either. All the comedies back then had them. Cheers, Friends, Frasier, etc. I watch How I Met Your Mother from time to time and I think that has one too but you can't tell.
          Well I don't like Friends or Frasier. Cheers is alright but it didn't age that well. HIMYM is not as bad because it's actual audience laughter. They use it sparingly as well.
          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Don't forget That 70's Show. Had a laugh track as well.
            Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
            The APS is strong in this one.
            Originally posted by killxswitch
            Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• The comments about laugh tracks made me think of this.

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                Don't forget That 70's Show. Had a laugh track as well.
                That 70's Show <3

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                  Don't forget That 70's Show. Had a laugh track as well.
                  But this one makes sense as every show in the seventies had a laugh track and they want to recreate that feel.

Comment

• For those around who enjoy Misfits, you might want to check out 'Fresh Meat'. If you've watched Inbetweeners it is very similar to that. Also watch Skins and IT Crowd.

Comment

• I HATE laugh tracks so much...

Comment

• NBC ratings for Thursday

Community: 1.7
                        Parks: 2.0
                        Office: 3.9
                        Whitney: 3.2

A few thoughts-

Big Bang got a 4.8 during the first half hour and a 5.0 during the second half hour against Community and Parks respectively. Really?

Whitney is lucky the Office is their lead in but I expect Whitney's rating to drop every week. Seriously, why didn't NBC put Up All Night or Free Agents in that timeslot? They would be both better off there.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• All we can do is pray for Community and hope they want to make sure they can sell it in syndication.
                          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• The 1.7 is higher than I thought it'd be.. and yeah, expect Whitney to taaaaaaaaaaaank hardcore. I'm guessing low 2s next week.

edit: It's interesting to note that both Community and that awful show Outsourced did better in it's post-Office slot than Whitney did. That show is doa I think.
                            Last edited by vidae; 09-23-2011, 01:18 PM.

Originally posted by fenikz
                            His soft D really turns me off
                            ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• We should have done a fantasy season based on what shows get cancelled or renewed like they did on Grantland.
                              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I wanna know why NBC doesn't consider moving its comedies to a different night. Or at least shift them all back 30 minutes to not go head to head with BBT.
                                R.I.P. L.E.F.
                                "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information