Television Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Forenci View Post
    I still like it! haven't seen the new episode yet though.

I also liked the Community episode and think Xio is crazy!

I'm surprised no one mentioned the Parks and Rec premier (unless I missed it). I thought it was amazing.

"I'm Ron Swanson and you're Leslie ******* Knope."
    I made a quick mention of how I liked it.
    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by vidae View Post
      I have never disagreed with anyone more about a particular episode of any show ever.

Not many shows can stray from the norm and do a serious episode as well as Community. This was one of their stronger episodes. The scene with John Goodman was great and Michael K. Williams is harsh, even on Community.

Episodes like this are the reason that Community is the best comedy on TV.
      Agree to disagree then. The show needs to step it up to avoid further declining ratings. I didn't think adding guest stars was enough effort.
      R.I.P. L.E.F.
      "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

• Anyone else watch Free Agents?

I wish they'd move that show to Thursday's after The Office. It's gonna get cancelled otherwise.
        R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

• Best part of the Parks and Rec premiere was Ron's survival kit.
          Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
          RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Am I the only one who has a hard time getting into "great shows"? I didn't start watching BSG until the end of the 3rd season, spent years loading up an episode of the wire before doing something else instead of watching it, watched Dexter only after a season had come to an end. I still haven't watched Breaking Bad or Mad Men.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
            JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
            Originally posted by abaddon41_80
            Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
            Originally posted by JBCX
            Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
              Am I the only one who has a hard time getting into "great shows"? I didn't start watching BSG until the end of the 3rd season, spent years loading up an episode of the wire before doing something else instead of watching it, watched Dexter only after a season had come to an end. I still haven't watched Breaking Bad or Mad Men.
              Out of all of those shows, I've only seen a couple episodes of Dexter and Breaking Bad.
              Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
              RIP themaninblack

Comment

Am I the only one who has a hard time getting into "great shows"? I didn't start watching BSG until the end of the 3rd season, spent years loading up an episode of the wire before doing something else instead of watching it, watched Dexter only after a season had come to an end. I still haven't watched Breaking Bad or Mad Men.
                If you own a TV and don't watch Breaking Bad and Mad Men, then you are not using your TV properly.

Rent the DVDs. Watch them from the start. Only then can you live life to the fullest.
                R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

• You can stream both Breaking Bad and Mad Men on Netflix. I haven't watched Mad Men yet but Breaking Bad is one amazing show.
                  Last edited by Splat; 09-24-2011, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Dexter isn't a great show.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Edit: Nevermind, splat beat me to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by vidae View Post
                        I have never disagreed with anyone more about a particular episode of any show ever.

Not many shows can stray from the norm and do a serious episode as well as Community. This was one of their stronger episodes. The scene with John Goodman was great and Michael K. Williams is harsh, even on Community.

Episodes like this are the reason that Community is the best comedy on TV.
                        I just saw this. You couldn't be more right. I don't understand what people expect from the show all of a sudden. It's been the same way since they started.
                        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I just didn't think it was anywhere near as interesting as it's been at times throughout the series' run.

I'm still watching weekly.
                          R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

• I'm sort of the same way sometimes about "great" shows. I didn't watch BSG until the series was over (commie, dg and fenikz wouldn't leave me alone until I did) and I didn't watch Lost until that had ended too.

Breaking Bad I got into after the first season but I did watch The Wire, The Sopranos and Dexter from the start. Sadly Brody is right.. Dexter is no longer a good show, but I'd put the first two seasons up against any other show.

Seriously though, watch Breaking Bad. You will not regret it.

Originally posted by fenikz
                            His soft D really turns me off
                            ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
                              If you own a TV and don't watch Breaking Bad and Mad Men, then you are not using your TV properly.

Rent the DVDs. Watch them from the start. Only then can you live life to the fullest.
                              Well I don't really watch TV on the TV anymore, but I've tried just can't get myself to watch something new like that.

Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                              Dexter isn't a great show.
                              I loved the first 4 seasons. *shrug*

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
                              JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                              Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                              Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                              Originally posted by JBCX
                              Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

• Bah.

Season 1- Very good, had some rough edges but good enough to power through it

Season 2- Had some absolutely incredible moments (any scene with Doakes/Dexter at the cabin), but also had Lyla and the weakest cop-out ending of the series

Season 3- An absolute mess outside of Jimmy Smits

Season 4- Probably the most consistent season as long as John Lithgow was in the scene

It was very good at one point and I had high hopes for the show coming into season 5, but it fell flat on its face with an opportunity to take advantage of such a huge season 4 finale. Plus, you know, another finale cop-out.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information