Television Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
    It beats the "God did everything" explanation for Battlestar.
    Ehhhh methinks no.
    Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
    The APS is strong in this one.
    Originally posted by killxswitch
    Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
      Ehhhh methinks no.
      Yes, yes it does. At least everything can basically be explained to extreme amounts of electromagnetism in the light cave, and that's what it boiled down to. As for Battlestar...

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Yes, yes it does. At least everything can basically be explained to extreme amounts of electromagnetism in the light cave, and that's what it boiled down to. As for Battlestar...

When explaining that which cannot be explained, Divine Intervention >>>>> Electromagnetism.
        Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
        The APS is strong in this one.
        Originally posted by killxswitch
        Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

When explaining that which cannot be explained, Divine Intervention >>>>> Electromagnetism.
          Absolutely not.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Absolutely not.
            Oh absolutely. When has Electromagnetism ever turned someone you knew into a flying shape shifting smoke machine?

Originally posted by WMD
            Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
            Originally posted by gpngc
            I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• Still take it to the resolution of the church plotline thing. Seriously, there was ZERO point to that entire thing.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

I didn't actually watch the show. I was just poking fun at LOST and JJ Abrams.
                Nothing to poke fun at. Bashing LOST is just asinine. It's the show all these other shows would kill to be half as good as.
                R.I.P. L.E.F.
                "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

• I miss the Lost discussions. Everybody trying to figure things out. I realized that it was 1-18 today (that date sticks out to me every year, unfortunately) and I remembered all of the ridiculous ideas we had about the viral Cloverfield stuff, too. Collective forum theories were generally awesome.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperMcgee View Post
                    I miss the Lost discussions. Everybody trying to figure things out. I realized that it was 1-18 today (that date sticks out to me every year, unfortunately) and I remembered all of the ridiculous ideas we had about the viral Cloverfield stuff, too. Collective forum theories were generally awesome.
                    All I remember is I had at least 2,000 posts in the LOST thread, which accounted for like 50% of it. There will never be another show that gave fans that much to discuss. The possibilities were endless.

People who forget that and choose to be upset over the writers not giving them a definitive answer to everything are just idiots. **** those idiots.
                    R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
                      People who forget that and choose to be upset over the writers not giving them a definitive answer to everything are just idiots. **** those idiots.
                      And now tell us how you really feel!

Originally posted by fenikz
                      His soft D really turns me off
                      ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• Originally posted by vidae View Post
                        And now tell us how you really feel!
                        Those ******* should go ******* **** their ******* faces.
                        R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

• **** off Xiomera and admit the writers copped out of answering anything of any importance on that show.

Originally posted by WMD
                          I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
                            **** off Xiomera and admit the writers copped out of answering anything of any importance on that show.
                            I stopped watching LOST after the 3rd season. I really think the writers wrote the show one episode at a time and forgot half the crap they had included throughout the series which made them leave a lot of stuff open-ended.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                            WHO DAT!

Comment

• Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                              I stopped watching LOST after the 3rd season. I really think the writers wrote the show one episode at a time and forgot half the crap they had included throughout the series which made them leave a lot of stuff open-ended.
                              I watched it all the way through, and I can say that yes that's exactly what they did. Again everything was explained by a light cave. Whats the light cave? The writers don't know, but it's a light cave. Oh and the characters were cool so we can excuse the entire story for being ****.

Originally posted by WMD

Comment

• Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
                                **** off Xiomera and admit the writers copped out of answering anything of any importance on that show.
                                There is literally nothing I need to know the answer to.

Seriously, it's the lack of explicit answers that I like. It leaves room to interpret. It doesn't invalidate the YEARS of fan speculation and theorizing. Spelling everything out for people would only disappoint people. Not the other way around.

As for writers writing as the series develops, I hate to break it to you, but every show on network TV does that. If you want a simpleton show with no complexity, then don't watch LOST. It'd be damn near impossible to write a show that was that compelling without adjusting as you went along.
                                Last edited by Xiomera; 01-18-2012, 09:38 PM.
                                R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information