Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Television Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
    I am very surprised but happy that Dollhouse got renewed.
    I was too. From what I was reading, Whedon shows are extremely profitable. I'm not sure how true it was, but it was apparently from a "source in the know" so take that for whatever its worth.

    I'm just happy that we get a second season of this since we didn't get a second of Firefly.

    Originally posted by fenikz
    His soft D really turns me off
    ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

    Comment


    • I can't wait until Entourage and Curb Your Enthusiasm come back. I just read on his blog that Steve Nash is going to have a cameo on Entourage this season and the Seinfeld cast reunion on Curb is going to be epic.

      Comment


      • It may be one of television's highest-rated shows, even after seven seasons, but CBS's Without a Trace reportedly costs $3 million an episode and sometimes even exceeds that amount with episodes like one filmed in post-Katrina New Orleans with one of the stars paddling through flood waters. And with advertisers retrenching, networks regularly reporting quarterly losses, and shares in media companies stuck at record lows, even hits like Without a Trace are not safe from cancellation. And indeed, CBS announced Tuesday that it will not bring the series back next season and that it is also canceling The Unit, another program that has performed well but is expensive to produce. Similarly, NBC canceled the thriller Medium after five seasons, one of the network's few programs to garner decent numbers.(The New York Times reported today that CBS may grab it.) Also biting the dust: NBC's My Name Is Earl.




        Comment


        • Originally posted by comahan View Post
          It may be one of television's highest-rated shows, even after seven seasons, but CBS's Without a Trace reportedly costs $3 million an episode and sometimes even exceeds that amount with episodes like one filmed in post-Katrina New Orleans with one of the stars paddling through flood waters. And with advertisers retrenching, networks regularly reporting quarterly losses, and shares in media companies stuck at record lows, even hits like Without a Trace are not safe from cancellation. And indeed, CBS announced Tuesday that it will not bring the series back next season and that it is also canceling The Unit, another program that has performed well but is expensive to produce. Similarly, NBC canceled the thriller Medium after five seasons, one of the network's few programs to garner decent numbers.(The New York Times reported today that CBS may grab it.) Also biting the dust: NBC's My Name Is Earl.
          I liked Without a Trace, one of the few good late night shows with Law and Order. I can't stand any of the CSI's or Cold Case.
          "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

          Comment


          • Originally posted by djp View Post
            I liked Without a Trace, one of the few good late night shows with Law and Order. I can't stand any of the CSI's or Cold Case.
            Completely agree. Law & Order and Without a Trace are pretty awesome.




            Comment


            • I dont care about any of the shows but, I did hear that CBS picked up Medium.

              Thanks BoneKrusher^

              http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
              KO KNOWS

              Comment


              • i am so mad that nbc cancelled Earl. one of very few shows i watched.

                in the last couple years, NBC has:
                cancelled The West Wing
                cancelled Scrubs
                fired my friend
                cancelled My Name is Earl

                if it weren't for the office, i'd have no use for that miserable network.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by drowe View Post
                  i am so mad that nbc cancelled Earl. one of very few shows i watched.

                  in the last couple years, NBC has:
                  cancelled The West Wing
                  cancelled Scrubs
                  fired my friend
                  cancelled My Name is Earl

                  if it weren't for the office, i'd have no use for that miserable network.
                  Why did they fire your friend?
                  "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by drowe View Post
                    i am so mad that nbc cancelled Earl. one of very few shows i watched.

                    in the last couple years, NBC has:
                    cancelled The West Wing
                    cancelled Scrubs
                    fired my friend
                    cancelled My Name is Earl

                    if it weren't for the office, i'd have no use for that miserable network.
                    West Wing had basically run its course and Scrubs was guaranteed to be picked up by ABC and NBC couldn't afford it anymore. As for Earl, I stopped watching during this season because it just didn't do anything for me anymore.


                    RIP TheManInBlack

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by comahan View Post
                      It may be one of television's highest-rated shows, even after seven seasons, but CBS's Without a Trace reportedly costs $3 million an episode and sometimes even exceeds that amount with episodes like one filmed in post-Katrina New Orleans with one of the stars paddling through flood waters. And with advertisers retrenching, networks regularly reporting quarterly losses, and shares in media companies stuck at record lows, even hits like Without a Trace are not safe from cancellation. And indeed, CBS announced Tuesday that it will not bring the series back next season and that it is also canceling The Unit, another program that has performed well but is expensive to produce. Similarly, NBC canceled the thriller Medium after five seasons, one of the network's few programs to garner decent numbers.(The New York Times reported today that CBS may grab it.) Also biting the dust: NBC's My Name Is Earl.
                      I enjoyed The Unit, anytime you combine President Palmer and the T-1000 it's gonna be good times.

                      BoneKrusher

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by drowe View Post
                        i am so mad that nbc cancelled Earl. one of very few shows i watched.

                        in the last couple years, NBC has:
                        cancelled The West Wing
                        cancelled Scrubs
                        fired my friend
                        cancelled My Name is Earl

                        if it weren't for the office, i'd have no use for that miserable network.
                        My name is Earl was cancelled? Ah man I didn't know that!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                          West Wing had basically run its course and Scrubs was guaranteed to be picked up by ABC and NBC couldn't afford it anymore. As for Earl, I stopped watching during this season because it just didn't do anything for me anymore.
                          As soon as NBC fails at existing and cancels Chuck, I'll probably be done with NBC too.

                          Remember everyone, this is the network that canceled the original Star Trek.

                          Comment


                          • Criminal minds 2 hours tonight!!! yayay

                            missed last week so I'm watching it now, but I can't find the ending :( ******* youtube has the first 4 parts, and no ending
                            We ALL bleed scarlet
                            New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                            UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                            Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                            BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

                            Comment


                            • My Name is Earl had a great run, it was time though.

                              If any network really deserves some hellfire, it's Fox. My friends and I still pop in a dvd of firefly from time to time. Sigh...

                              Comment


                              • Just finished re-watching "Firefly" for the, yes, 3rd time. It is epic awesomeness and really, everyone should watch it. Such an awesome genre mix of Sci Fi and Spaghetti Western. Its wicked awesome, and even though its only 14 episodes (which is oh so shameful), they are a great 14.
                                Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                                The APS is strong in this one.
                                Originally posted by killxswitch
                                Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information