The School Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by adschofield View Post
    HS Junior as well...hoping to get in Georgetown next year...I think I've got a shot since I have a 4.1 GPA
    Good luck, I had a solid 4.0 GPA in high school, but was 15th percentile. That completely blew. Whatever, I'm happy not having to pay 40,000 a year. =D

Originally posted by Halsey
    I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

my fav teacher was back in the 4th grade
      he was a college runningback and was super athletic.... he was sooo chill and every morning we would do pushups and as a class, if we did a certain amount by the end of the month, we would have a pizza party... we was also very helpful and genuinely a nice guy

Go Ravens!

Comment

Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
        You didn't apply just because of the essay's?
        Not entirely. Cost was a factor as well. I didn't want to waste my time writing the essays when I knew that I probably couldn't afford it.

Comment

Originally posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
          Not entirely. Cost was a factor as well. I didn't want to waste my time writing the essays when I knew that I probably couldn't afford it.
          Good idea, I avoided even toying with the idea of going to a school that would cost me a ton. State schools are the place for me!

Comment

a lot of schools now are quite aware of their expenses and are starting programs where all the loans are transfered into grants
            thats how im affording to goto school, cause emory created a new program where it eliminates all your loans if your parents income is a certain amount...
            alot of schools are doing that, at least i know duke is too aswell

Go Ravens!

Comment

i go back tomorrow. haven't started packing yet, so thats gonna blow. i just visited my friends at bgsu (bowling green), almost all my friends go there its insane. i got a decent schedule next semester i usually take 18 hours but i was on pace to graduate early and i definitely don't wanna do that. why rush the real world into my life.

Comment

I'm a sophomore in HS.
                I'm in honors Bio, Global, English, French, and I'm in normal CAD, and advanced honors Math.

I have around a 4.0 GPA

Originally Posted by scottyboy
                my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
                But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

I'm in my last semester at Pitt. Majoring in Mechanical Engineering, minor in BioEngineering. Probably not going to use that minor though.....

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08

Comment

I'm on scholarship for this semester because of soccer, it's pretty sweet. Go back on Monday, 4 classes, 13 credit hours. World History, Psychology, Music Appreciation, and World Religions.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                    Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
                      I'm on scholarship for this semester because of soccer, it's pretty sweet. Go back on Monday, 4 classes, 13 credit hours. World History, Psychology, Music Appreciation, and World Religions.
                      Sounds like a ridiculously easy semester...

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08

Comment

Originally posted by DChess View Post
                        i go back tomorrow. haven't started packing yet, so thats gonna blow. i just visited my friends at bgsu (bowling green), almost all my friends go there its insane. i got a decent schedule next semester i usually take 18 hours but i was on pace to graduate early and i definitely don't wanna do that. why rush the real world into my life.
                        How is Bowling Green? My uncle is on their board or whatever so if I wanted to I could go there. And since I'm freaking out about not getting into Penn State, I need some other options
                        Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
                          Who's your favorite teacher of all-time?

My favorite would definately be my Geometry teacher. His class was so relaxed, constatly discussion abouts things other then school; mainly sports. If you were talking during his class he would just say, "Is there a problem?" You would just say no, and he would continue on. That's the last you'd hear about it. You could do **** like hide his markers and stuff, and he wouldn't care. Guy was awesome.
                          I've had a lot of great teachers. Off the top of my head:

Grade 8 math teacher: She was the nicest lady ever. I'm not gonna brag, but basically I'm really gifted, so she didn't care that I never did my work since I kept pumping out As. I had two friends in the class that I sat with and we just laughed all class. It was awesome.

Drama teacher- Really chill. One time, these four stoners in class all asked to go to the washroom at the same time. She said yes. Then they asked her if they could borrow her lighter. She let them. You know what happens next. But she's really cool, and really helpful if something's bugging you.

Physics teacher- Really intimidating guy at first. But he's really nice as long as you do what you're supposed to. Also helped me understand everything perfectly. He actuallyhad me thinking of EVERYTHING in terms of physics, it was almost scary.

History teacher- She's pretty cool. She ran the leadership camp stuff at my school, which I went to twice-- once as a camper, and once as a counselor. That was a lot of fun. Kinda crazy, but funny. Also lets me make jokes in class all the time.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                          Originally posted by njx9
                          do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

My 5th grade teacher, Mr. O'Connor was a good teacher.
                            Everyday after lunch, we would go outside for 30-45 mins, and play basketball, or play on the playground. We always presented our essays in front of the class, and he showed us how to be better public speakers.

I still need help in that department though...

Originally Posted by scottyboy
                            my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
                            But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by wingboy2999 View Post
                              I'm in my last semester at Pitt. Majoring in Mechanical Engineering, minor in BioEngineering. Probably not going to use that minor though.....
                              Have you done any internships? I'm in Industrial Engineering, but I'm only a sophomore, so I'm just starting to look into them.

Comment

what are some GPA and SAT/ACT scores needed to get into a good school?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information