Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFLDC Halo 3 League

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • NFLDC Halo 3 League

    Teams will be picked through a draft. The captains will pick a player each round, and after each round is completed the drafting order will be flipped around. For example, whoever picks first in the first round, picks last in the second round.

    Maps:
    Construct
    Highground
    Isolation
    Last Resort
    Narrows
    Snowbound
    The Pit
    Vahalla
    Gaurdian
    -Sandtrap, would only be played if it was voted in.

    Game Types:
    Team Slayer - Self explanatory. First to 50 wins.
    CTF - Capture the Flag. First to 3 flag captures.
    Assault - Plant the bomb, defend the bombsite. 2 attempts at offense and 2 more on defense. Could see some ties.
    Territories - Plots of land that is like assault. 2 attempts at offense and 2 more on defense. 5 territories the defense must try to hold and the offense goes after.
    Kill the VIP- Calls for great teammwork, and could be played with the most VIP kills within 10 minutes, or play up to a limit of say 5 or 10 VIP kills.

    Teams
    My Team
    JBond93
    DLion-All/ Jeezy93
    yourfavstoner/ thhiiizzzz

    Killer Clowns
    Primetime21/ Dwarfthrower
    J05son/J05son
    Cutler Chris/Ceebulski6

    Team 16-0
    Billingsley26/ Canada26
    Jvig43/ heyboy
    steel man/ Steelers24

    Team Firecracker
    Steelers4Life/ DocSteel
    Mr. Gonzo/ BrentBaines
    adschofield/ UndersizedAlex

    Globo Gym Purple Cobras
    Draft King/ jewlose21
    B-Dawk/ GrubbyPaws
    KCJ58/ Jon CookieDoe

    The Horsemen of The Apocalypse
    ImbrotherCain/ ImbrotherCain
    BrownsTown/ ArtBtz
    Rukster/ rukster50

    The Firm
    JF4/ jewlose21 (G)
    Bhaarat/ Bhaarat316
    DraftGuru/ Prometheus151

    Captains
    Billingsley26/Canada26
    JBond93/ Thep1414
    Primetime21/ DwarfThrower
    JF4/ Jewlose21 (G)
    Draft King/ Jewlose21
    ImBrotherCain/ ImBrotherCain
    Steelers4Life/ DocSteel92----Team Firecracker

    Standings
    Firm - 3-0-0
    GGPC- 2-0-1
    16-0
    KC
    MT- 0-0-0
    TC- 0-2-1
    HMOA- 0-3-0


    1. JBond93
    2. Primetime21
    3. Billingsley26
    4. Steelers4Life
    5. Draft King
    6. ImBrothercain
    7. JF4

    Schedule
    Week 1 (Bye: My Team)
    Primetime21 vs. Team 16-0- Last Resort Assault, Guardian VIP and Narrows Slayer
    GG Purple Cobras vs. Team Firecracker- Valhalla Assault, Guardian CTF, Last Resort VIP
    ImBrotherCain vs. The Firm- The Pit Territories, HighGround Slayer and Narrows CTF

    Week 2 (Bye: Primetime21)
    Team 16-0 vs. My Team- Isolation CTF, Snowbound VIP, The Pit Assault
    ImBrotherCain vs. Team Firecracker- Valhalla VIP, Narrows Slayer, Isolation CTF
    The Firm vs. GG Purple Cobras- The Pit Assault, Snowbound Slayer, Narrows Territories

    Week 3 (Bye: Team 16-0)
    My Team vs. Primetime21- Isolation CTF, The Pit VIP, Contsruct Territories
    Team Firecracker vs. The Firm- Last Resort Assault, Guardian Territories, The Pit Slayer
    GG Purple Cobras vs. ImBrotherCain- Isolation CTF, Construct Assault, Guardian Territories

    Week 4 (Bye: Team Firecracker)
    Primetime21 vs. GG Purple Cobras- Narrows VIP, Guardian CTF, HighGround Slayer
    The Firm vs. Team 16-0- Snowbound Slayer, Contsruct CTF, Narrows Territories
    My Team vs. ImBrotherCain- The Pit CTF, HighGround Slayer, SnowBound VIP

    Week 5 (Bye: GG Purple Cobras)
    Team Firecracker vs. My Team- Gaurdian VIP, Narrows CTF, Contsruct Slayer
    Team 16-0 vs. ImBrotherCain- SnowBound CTF, Contruct VIP, HighGround Assault
    The Firm vs. Primetime21- The Pit Territories, Construct Assault, Valhalla Slayer

    Week 6 (Bye: ImBrotherCain)
    Primetime21 vs. Team Firecracker- Snowbound Assault, Construct VIP, HighGround Territories
    My Team vs. The Firm- Valhalla CTF, The Pit Slayer, Isolation Territories
    GG Purple Cobras vs. Team 16-0- Isolation CTF, SnowBound Territories, Valhalla Assault

    Week 7 (Bye: The Firm)
    GG Purple Cobras vs. My Team- Isolation Slayer, Last Resort Territories, SnowBound VIP
    ImBrotherCain vs. Primetime21- Last Resort CTF, Isolation VIP, The Pit Assault
    Team Firecracker vs. Team 16-0- High Ground [U]VIP, Construct Slayer, Valhalla CTF

    Statistics
    Last edited by Billingsley26; 01-30-2008, 09:16 AM.

  • #2
    Guardian would still work 4 on 4. Anyway, I'm down.

    And the more I think about it, JF and DK could be on different teams, I mean, who knows when they would even face each other.

    And I'm def. in. This will be fun :)


    Follow Me on Twitter!
    https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

    Comment


    • #3
      I was the one that said Guardian might be to small. I couldn't remember [and can't] if it's in the rotation for 4v4 team slayer. I want to say it is. I think Guardian is a go.

      I don't think there will be a problem with DK and JF being on different teams if that's how the draft turns out... It will only matter when they play each other and then they have the same advantage screen looking wise, but only one player will have a mic which may be a bit difficult...

      I'd rather keep 4v4 then drop to 3v3...Just my opinion. I'd do both though.

      Anyone have an idea for who captains should be chosen?

      P.S. I still think draft results should remain private to everyone but the captains ...

      Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!

      Comment


      • #4
        I'm definitely in, though I have a couple of suggestions:

        1) PM the people that are on the list and ask them to reply back or post here if they're in. Just because they were in the H3 tournament, doesn't mean that 100% of them want to be or can be in the league. It would just take 5 minutes and could weed out some people.

        PMs would be better than just having a "regrets only" post policy, since some people may not be active as of right now.

        2) Make it a 3 on 3 league.It would allow for more teams (thereby, a more varied schedule), and make it easier to schedule games. Trying to coordinate for a 2v2 game was hard in and of itself, and 4v4, though it would be possible, it would take a long time find a date and hour that works for all 8 players.

        3) Allow Guardian. I play a lot of Team Slayer and Team Hardcore and Guardian is in the rotation.
        Last edited by S4L; 01-16-2008, 06:27 PM.

        Xbox Live Gamertag: DocSteel92
        Rest in peace, Randy Pausch.

        Comment


        • #5
          count me in (im gonna play right now if any1 is up to it)

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by j05son View Post
            I was the one that said Guardian might be to small. I couldn't remember [and can't] if it's in the rotation for 4v4 team slayer. I want to say it is. I think Guardian is a go.

            I don't think there will be a problem with DK and JF being on different teams if that's how the draft turns out... It will only matter when they play each other and then they have the same advantage screen looking wise, but only one player will have a mic which may be a bit difficult...

            I'd rather keep 4v4 then drop to 3v3...Just my opinion. I'd do both though.

            Anyone have an idea for who captains should be chosen?

            P.S. I still think draft results should remain private to everyone but the captains ...
            Oh, I disagree on that last part. An online draft would be fun, everyone seeing the results. :)

            As for captains, that is hard. If we have preseason sessions and stuff, maybe use that? Something with the tourney results? Random? Most active members? Etc.


            Also, what happens if a player drops out/can't be contacted, etc?


            Follow Me on Twitter!
            https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

            Comment


            • #7
              I'd be down


              The way it is

              GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)

              Comment


              • #8
                Draft results being private is fine with me. I have no qualms about that. Whether it is 3v3 or 4v4 really doesnt matter as I could go either way. The only reason I threw 3v3 in there is because some may like the idea of more teams a little better. Either way, if we are able to get say, 4 more players we could then go 5 teams, but we'll see how it plays out.

                I think that captains should be the top players of the tournament. Whether you want to average out each players stats (kills and deaths) and then determine the captains (for example, the highest average of kills in order 1 through 4 are the captain).

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by KCJ58 View Post
                  count me in (im gonna play right now if any1 is up to it)
                  Originally posted by B-Dawk View Post
                  I'd be down
                  what are your gamertags?

                  I think KCJ,a fter looking back it was like joncookiedoe?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    That is KCJ's. And I think the Rating system would be fine to rank people (even though I really want to be a captain, haha).

                    I say we try 4 on 4, if it fails, scrap and redo.


                    Follow Me on Twitter!
                    https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I'm in and down for anything.

                      Honolulu Wave 1-3, DM 22 Tackles, 3 Sacks, 1 Forced Fumbles, 0 Interceptions.
                      Leon McHelbrecht, Pittsburgh OC, 1-3.
                      PSN:J33zydaLion (MGO)

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by JBond93 View Post
                        Oh, I disagree on that last part. An online draft would be fun, everyone seeing the results. :)

                        As for captains, that is hard. If we have preseason sessions and stuff, maybe use that? Something with the tourney results? Random? Most active members? Etc.


                        Also, what happens if a player drops out/can't be contacted, etc?
                        Yeah, I like the online draft idea. People know their Halo skills and if they get picked last, they can just use as fuel. I know I won't get picked first because I'm only a bit above average. And, hey, I'm cool with that.

                        As for captains, I'd take, say, the top 6 rated people (if there ends up being 6 teams) and PM them asking if they would like to be a captain. The captains have to be active and willing to coordinate schedules with all of the team members.

                        It wouldn't be fair to take the top members, because if JBond and Ginger are both captains, JBond's team already has a big advantage (sorry Ginge). If you take the top 6 players, and have the order set from the 6th best player to the 1st, I think you're golden.

                        On the subject of dropouts, maybe some people could volunteer to be "practice squad" players. Or, if we have a 3v3 league and 23 people sign up, the two odd men out would be on the practice squad. It may not be the most fair for those two guys, but it is likely that we'll have dropouts.

                        Xbox Live Gamertag: DocSteel92
                        Rest in peace, Randy Pausch.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          GrubbyPaws


                          The way it is

                          GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by B-Dawk View Post
                            GrubbyPaws
                            gotcha, and im in the process of rifling out PM's to everyone not already posting in this thread.

                            So after today, we have KCJ and B-Dawk, and I also saw that Umphrey said he would go, but does anyone know why he didnt?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Steelers4Life View Post
                              I'm definitely in, though I have a couple of suggestions:

                              1) PM the people that are on the list and ask them to reply back or post here if they're in. Just because they were in the H3 tournament, doesn't mean that 100% of them want to be or can be in the league. It would just take 5 minutes and could weed out some people.

                              PMs would be better than just having a "regrets only" post policy, since some people may not be active as of right now.

                              2) Make it a 3 on 3 league.It would allow for more teams (thereby, a more varied schedule), and make it easier to schedule games. Trying to coordinate for a 2v2 game was hard in and of itself, and 4v4, though it would be possible, it would take a long time find a date and hour that works for all 8 players.

                              3) Allow Guardian. I play a lot of Team Slayer and Team Hardcore and Guardian is in the rotation.
                              1. Good Idea.
                              2. I hope it's 4v4 but 3v3 would be fine as well...I don't think scheduling was that bad...There was only one difficult game to schedule which was Cupcakes Chimps. Other then that, it was because a team was not active...
                              3. Thanks, I thought Guardian was a Team Slayer map but couldn't remember. I've been doing lone wolves a lot lately and thought maybe that's why I've seen Guardian so much...

                              Originally posted by JBond93 View Post
                              Oh, I disagree on that last part. An online draft would be fun, everyone seeing the results. :)

                              As for captains, that is hard. If we have preseason sessions and stuff, maybe use that? Something with the tourney results? Random? Most active members? Etc.

                              Also, what happens if a player drops out/can't be contacted, etc?
                              I only suggested a private results draft so no one will be that fat kid in gym. It doesn't matter to me since I know I won't be last or even last round ;p. In a perfect world, DG would be picked last since he's use to it but he's pretty good at Halo and he won't be a last rounder either...

                              Maybe it'll give those guys at the tail end a chance to prove that other teams made a mistake picking player "X" over them...I don't know/care...

                              I really have no idea how to determine captains, but I would like to be the first to throw my name into being a draftee...I would rather be chosen then choosing.

                              Originally posted by DLionALL View Post
                              I'm in and down for anything.
                              Just out of curiosity, are all your posts about Halo? That's all I've ever seen you post in. Nice to have you in though.

                              Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information