No announcement yet.

How can people not like hockey?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went to a high school hockey game last weekend (the first I had ever seen full length) and I thought it seemed pretty cool, but I really didn't know what was going on or the strategy behind all the lines and substitutions and such. I think because of how much I'm into football and basketball, it would take me a while to really start to like hockey because I would want to really understand what was going on, and I just don't know if I wanna put in that kind of effort.

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club

Comment

Originally posted by TimDris View Post
      Thanks for this thread. +rep

I'm going to post about 5 youtube links to cool hockey highlights for everyone's enjoyment
      Make sure you include Hasek flipping Gaborik.
      R.I.P. L.E.F.
      "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

Not nearly as big of a hockey fan as I used to be. I still enjoy Wings' games, but that's about it. Now college hockey is where it's at...

Comment

Originally posted by cardsalltheway View Post
          Eh, may have, may not have. I just know there are many occassions on this site when people try to use youtube highlights to solidfy why a player/sport is good or bad. Guess I just misread it.

And please don't call me Hardy.
          I figured since a lot of people who like hockey will be in this thread, I'd post some of my favorite highlights so they can watch.
          Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

What dont you understand about hockey, cards?
            I'll try to explain what you dont understand.
            Last edited by Bills2083; 02-10-2008, 10:08 PM.

Originally Posted by scottyboy
            my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
            But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

some dude got his throat slit tonight. shits crazy

Comment

Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
                Make sure you include Hasek flipping Gaborik.
                http://youtube.com/watch?v=W5u0khFnHUg

I got you covered Xio.

my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
                But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by DChess View Post
                  some dude got his throat slit tonight. shits crazy

Yeah, Richard Zednik.
                  He's in surgery right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Bills2083 View Post
                    I just added it to the original post. thanks though
                    Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

because it isnt a sport you can play anywhere. You can play basketball(dribbling, WIA-HANGA, etc.) football, or baseball. Isnt that sociable either. You cant mess around and do much with hockey. Fun to play and watch, but more like soccer than anything.
                      CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
                      JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

Originally posted by jballa838 View Post
                        because it isnt a sport you can play anywhere. You can play basketball(dribbling, WIA-HANGA, etc.) football, or baseball. Isnt that sociable either. You cant mess around and do much with hockey. Fun to play and watch, but more like soccer than anything.
                        This is where you're wrong. When I'm at the ponds or just in someone's street playing roller hockey we always mess around. try to pull off awesome moves/saves. there's so many more dekes you can do in hockey than any other sport

Comment

I'd rather watch a basketball game in the low 60's than a 5 goal hockey game any day.

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian_kid16 View Post
                            it doesn't even take a run at the goalie...clean hits can lead to huge brawls now a days

but intensity in terms of rivalry games is amazing. The Toronto/Montreal game on Thursday was one of the most exciting games I've seen in a while
                            I'm sad the Detroit-Colorado rivalry is dead

Comment

Rich, are there any hockey rinks down there in Louisiana?

Comment

Originally posted by cardsalltheway View Post
                                Great idea. Here are 5 cool plays, you have to love the sport now!
                                I like this guy...

Frankly, hockey blows

sig by BoneKrusher

Originally posted by BuckNaked
                                Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information